PDA

View Full Version : Finally got one! 82' FJ40

rover67
09-18-2009, 07:01 PM
So i finally landed one! Got it last night :beer:

The rear quarters are kinda rusty, the doors and windshield frame don't match, and it came with no hard top, but other than that it's pretty cool!

it's an 82 with 136000 miles. Seems to be running pretty well, and the tranny shifts nice. I think with a little body work it should turn out pretty nice :)

I ordered a steering pivot rebuild kit, and some new seat covers today. First of many parts i'm sure. Next on the list is to go through the vacuum lines and figure out why it's got a high idle and studders every once in a while. That'll be for tomorrow. As is it passed emissions though! Got new tags and everything set up today :)

I'll slowly be going through the thing this winter and will probably be using it as my main mode of transoprtation for a while. It'll give me a chance to get the 60 fixed up and do some things i've been needing to get done for a while that involve taking it off the road for a little while.

Pics aren't that great, I parked it near the garage and forgot I needed to snap a few so it was a squeeze.

TIMZTOY
09-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Sweet looking rig man. Take the doors off an you wouldn't even notice the mismatched paint. :thumb:

nuclearlemon
09-18-2009, 07:36 PM
i wonder why they changed the bib and bezel?

wesintl
09-18-2009, 07:57 PM
mini hulk :thumb:

Beater
09-18-2009, 08:08 PM
wait - did you say "fj40" and "main method of transportation" in the same clip?

rover67
09-18-2009, 08:28 PM
i wonder why they changed the bib and bezel?

It was in some sort of a wreck a while back. I think that's the same reason the windshield frame is different.

what are the bib and bezel supposed to look like?

edit: nevermind.. the bezel is round. how the hell did I miss that? now what's different about the bib?

nuclearlemon
09-18-2009, 08:31 PM
It was in some sort of a wreck a while back. I think that's the same reason the windshield frame is different.

edit: nevermind.. the bezel is round. how the hell did I miss that? now what's different about the bib?

headlights are a touch wider apart and the bezel is square instead of rounded on the corners.

rover67
09-18-2009, 08:31 PM
wait - did you say "fj40" and "main method of transportation" in the same clip?

You got it. That's if I can figure out the vacuum lines. Holy heck, I just spent an hour out there and even with the manual made it worse.

nuclearlemon
09-18-2009, 08:33 PM

didn't even catch the windshield, but yeah, it's a 66-74 setup. don't expect to drop your windshield unless you either change the hood holddowns to earlier model or the windshield to later model. oh, and before someone else catches it, your bezel's upside down;)

other than that, it looks pretty nice. get the doors painted to match and enjoy it.:thumb:

Uncle Ben
09-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Can you see something that looks different here in the front bib section? Oh and I am soooooooo disappointed that the bib police let you slide so far....

http://cruisersolutions.com/images/gs1.jpg

rover67
09-18-2009, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=nuclearlemon;119324] and before someone else catches it, your bezel's upside down;)
QUOTE]
Classic..... :)

ahem.. I actually left it like that for the pictures on purpose.. yeah, that's it...

rover67
09-18-2009, 08:52 PM

mini hulk... hulk's basket case brother :D

MDH33
09-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Very nice. :cool:

Where did you find it? I don't recall seeing this one on CL.

Uncle Ben
09-18-2009, 08:59 PM
mini hulk... hulk's basket case brother :D

Oscar the Grouch! :thumb::thumb:;)

Bruiser
09-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Congrats. Looks like a good rig. My rig was in a wreck at one point in its life too and so far I have found 3 different paint jobs underneath.

MDH33
09-18-2009, 09:34 PM
You got it. That's if I can figure out the vacuum lines. Holy heck, I just spent an hour out there and even with the manual made it worse.

An '82 to should be pretty similar to a stock FJ60. You're welcome to compare to mine if needed.

bh4rnnr
09-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Can you see something that looks different here in the front bib section? Oh and I am soooooooo disappointed that the bib police let you slide so far....

http://cruisersolutions.com/images/gs1.jpg

I know, I know!!!

Good looking rig Marco, but wheres Mead gonna hang out:confused:

:beer::beer:

nakman
09-18-2009, 10:02 PM
nice, Marco.

Romer
09-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Thats a nice score! Congrats

RicardoJM
09-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Very cool Marco, very cool indeed. You will get the basics sorted out pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing you new ride up close.:D

CBone
09-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Hey Marco,
Congrats on the new 40. As Martin mentioned, the vacuum lines are the same on our 60s. Both Steve and Martin helped me work out a few final misconnections when I replaced all 37' of vacuum lines this spring, so let me know if you need a picture or to see how it all fits together. Here's a teaser! Maybe McMaster-Carr has green lines :lmao:

corsair23
09-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Way :cool: Marco :thumb:

And OMG if you have to do the spaghetti this like Carlton :eek: :lmao:

rover67
09-19-2009, 09:56 AM
It was up on the peak to peak near camp dick, Nakman and 60wag spotted it as we were zooming past. it's not as perfect as it looked on the 60mph drive by, but it's been the best i've seen in several months in my price range so i snagged it. I spent probably a week talkign back and forth to the owner about when i could go check it out and finally it cam through the other day :)

So if anybody has say a late model front bib, bezel, and windshield frame let me know. i'll probably try to get it all squared away and have it all be the same vintage soon. I've been looking for those parts for a week or so and it looks like a windshield frame is kinda pricey. anyways, it'll be nice when i'm done with it.

so about these vacuum hoses... I got one of the solenoids figured out, you can see in the first picture where the hose on it was just looped(bottom left of the pic)... and the EGR valve was just hanging out not hooked up (can't really see that).

But the HAC device has me a bit confused.... it has a hose coming out of the bottom of it that was plugged, and faked into the EGR vacuum modulator (this can be seen in the first pic "hooked up" and in the second pic with me holding it. it actually has a plug in it) .

The manual i have (2f emission control 1981 repair manual from toyota) shows that this HAC device does not have a hose on the bottom of it. Carlton, on your truck I don't think I see one either.

Where the hell does this thing go? You can see the hose coming out of the HAC in the third pic.

should it just be vented to atmosphere?

should it be oscar the grouch?

MDH33
09-19-2009, 10:03 AM
I can see all sorts of incorrect tube routing in those pics even without looking at my 60. Can you bring it up to Evergreen?

rover67
09-19-2009, 10:10 AM
yeah, will you be around later today?

so it was runnign reeeally rough and i applied vacuum to the egr valve (at idle) and let it snap shut real quick and it seems to have fixed it... do those things get stuck open?

MDH33
09-19-2009, 10:13 AM
yeah, will you be around later today?

so it was runnign reeeally rough and i applied vacuum to the egr valve (at idle) and let it snap shut real quick and it seems to have fixed it... do those things get stuck open?

Yes, that's exactly what Carlton's did.

Kim and I are going to do a hike this morning, but I'll be around tonight if you want to bring it up. Otherwise, I might be able to drive the 60 down Sunday.

rover67
09-19-2009, 10:29 AM
ok, we're going on a long bike ride. i'll drop you a line later.

rover67
09-19-2009, 10:37 AM
so what else do you see right off the bat? i thought it was looking pretty close...

60wag
09-19-2009, 12:46 PM
The HAC does vent to atmosphere from the port on the bottom. The EGR ports are easy to mess up but will likely render the EGR inoperative rather than running poorly. Also the 4 ports at the base of the carb that point towards the valve cover are easy to hook up incorrectly and can make it run poorly. The 81 emissions book should have everything you need to get it assembled correctly. If you want to bring it by my place, I be happy to work on it with you.

FJBRADY
09-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Way to go Marco :cool:

Inukshuk
09-19-2009, 07:12 PM

Kermit

Congrats! Bring it on the Outlaws Run!

MDH33
09-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Marco, If Bruce can help you out, you'll be in much better hands. :thumb:

Want to go on a shake down run Tuesday AM?

rover67
09-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey thanks for all the props everybody! I'm slowly figuring it out. Talked to Bruce for a while tonight on the phone and several of my questions were answered... he knows a ton about these 2F's with smog.

It's running a little bit better, but still has what sounds like a lean miss. I'll have to keep digging or compair to either Martin's or Carlton's truck maybe. Seems like it has a vacuum leak somewhere.

We were thinking Kermit actually when we picked it up.. I've always liked that name. What's the protocol for naming a truck anyways? Seems like it just kinda happens.

I don't know if I'll be able to go on a shake down run Tuesday Martin.. work has started to get busy again.

Rezarf
09-19-2009, 09:14 PM
WOW Marco! That is sooooo cool man! congrats!

Here is a tip, cut all the vaccum lines with a pair of wire cutters, and plug every hole with some JB weld... it'll smooooth right out! :D

Seriously, if you want to look at a stripped down version, feel free to come over and take a peek under the hood.

I am stoked for you!

Drew

Hulk
09-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Nice truck! The paint on the interior looks to be the same green as on my '81 (Hulk).

Uncle Ben
09-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey thanks for all the props everybody! I'm slowly figuring it out. Talked to Bruce for a while tonight on the phone and several of my questions were answered... he knows a ton about these 2F's with smog.

It's running a little bit better, but still has what sounds like a lean miss. I'll have to keep digging or compair to either Martin's or Carlton's truck maybe. Seems like it has a vacuum leak somewhere.

We were thinking Kermit actually when we picked it up.. I've always liked that name. What's the protocol for naming a truck anyways? Seems like it just kinda happens.

I don't know if I'll be able to go on a shake down run Tuesday Martin.. work has started to get busy again.

I have always believed vehicle names are earned not awarded. Some names are obvious and some come later as you see a re-occurring characteristic.

nakman
09-21-2009, 04:47 PM
I have always believed vehicle names are earned not awarded. Some names are obvious and some come later as you see a re-occurring characteristic.

I smell a Nuclear Lemon segue... :beer:

rover67
09-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Yeah, Kinda what I though. just seems right. I've had 20 or so cars and only named the rover because it was such a pain in the a$$.

It is getting annoying because the 60 can no longer be called the "cruiser" as it causes confusion. now we call them the FJ40 and FJ60 or 40 and 60 which seems weird.

Kind of a long shot.... but does anybody have a carb kit for a late model 40/early 60 or know who stocks one in town?

It keeps running worse and worse and feels like the carb needs to be gone through. I kinda want to do that before the weekend.

MDH33
09-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Kind of a long shot.... but does anybody have a carb kit for a late model 40/early 60 or know who stocks one in town?

It keeps running worse and worse and feels like the carb needs to be gone through. I kinda want to do that before the weekend.

Most times, you won't need the kit. You can just clean up everything including the jets, balls, etc. Just be careful when you remove the airhorn so you don't tear the gasket. If the OEM one is still in it, you can probably re-use it.

rover67
09-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Nice truck! The paint on the interior looks to be the same green as on my '81 (Hulk).

thanks! hopefully eventually it'll be all one color :)

RicardoJM
09-22-2009, 09:13 AM

I was able to get a kit from NAPA locally. My carb was missing the tag with the part number and all I had was the date code so it took a couple of days research to figure out what I needed to get.

There is an option for a new carb if you decide to de-smog that you might want to look into. This thread (http://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/288499-new-f-2f-carbs-non-usa-distributors.html)on MUD has the details.

AxleIke
09-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Well, very cool Marco.

That is awesome!

Now, does someone want to help a guy out and tell me what is different about the "bibs"? I see the bezel is square on the red one, and round on Marco's, but I see nothing else different.

Help for a non cruiser guy?

ttubb
09-22-2009, 10:05 AM

Hence the name "Marmot" however lets hope it is not a "reoccurring characteristic". :D:D:D:hill:

60wag
09-22-2009, 10:24 AM
The square bezel has the headlights slightly farther apart than the earlier round bezel design so you can't change bezels without changing the bib holding the headlights.

The carb is easy to take apart but watch for the tiny ball and spring that form a check valve against the top half of the carb. There are also some rubber seals that tend to fall off the venturi tubes when its apart. I spent a half hour looking for a seal when I went to put one back together.

Also, I still rec' the vac gauge to get an idea of how badly things might be leaking.

rover67
09-22-2009, 10:41 AM
OK, I usually like to have a kit around in case I lose/break stuff. But I'll give it a whirl tonight.

Bruce, I'll give you a buzz later tonight. Will you be around?

Man, I already forgot that picture Terry.. that was not fun to see.

I think they swapped out the windshield and front bib/bezel due to some kind of an accident. Must have been what parts were around. Changing them both back will not be cheap I am discovering...

wesintl
09-22-2009, 10:46 AM
I think they swapped out the windshield and front bib/bezel due to some kind of an accident. Must have been what parts were around. Changing them both back will not be cheap I am discovering...

I wouldn't worry about it. I kinda like the round bezels better. You can always keep a lookout for a square one that's the right $

Hulk
09-22-2009, 10:52 AM
I kinda like the round bezels better.

I do too. :o

rover67
09-22-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm kinda tempted to make it all stock again though...

I mean, if i fix the rest of the body why not make that right too?

corsair23
09-22-2009, 11:40 AM
To swap the windshield frame to a later year you'll need or want to find one with a workable windshield wiper motor...They are not cheap and they are getting harder to find...

You probably want to check the hard top as well and see if it is original that was modified (i.e. cut) to clear the top mounted windshield wipers or if it is an earlier year top with the cutouts that you'll need to mod (i.e drill holes) to mount up to a later model windshield frame...

Discovered after I bought a hard top that my '74 has a later model windshield frame (believe it is from a '77) and the windshield channel on the top (which was for an early FJ40 windshield frame) had to be modded to work with the later model windshield frame. It worked ok but doesn't seal real great (not that any of them really do). If you are good at fiberglass work and can find the correct windshield channel you can cut off the old one and attach the correct one.

Just food for thought as you contemplate taking it back to a stock look :)

60wag
09-22-2009, 12:07 PM
No hard top to worry about at this point :)

I'll be home this evening, give me a call. I may have some leftovers from a carb kit too - I'll look.

rover67
09-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Just called, the NAPA in Boulder has one. Wow.

corsair23
09-22-2009, 12:53 PM
No hard top to worry about at this point :)

:doh: Nevermind all that blabbler about the hardtop then Marco :D

nakman
09-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Let's see, Marco has a round bezel/bib and wants a square one... Matt has a square bezel/bib and prefers the round one.... both are green.. nah, too simple. :lmao:

rover67
09-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Let's see, Marco has a round bezel/bib and wants a square one... Matt has a square bezel/bib and prefers the round one.... both are green.. nah, too simple. :lmao:

Yeah! I'll trade ya!

i'll even get it all painted to match!

Hulk
09-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah! I'll trade ya!

i'll even get it all painted to match!

Nah, I'll leave mine as is. Maybe someday I'll buy an old 60s vintage 40, but until then I will live with my rectangular bezel.

The funny thing is yours has an early bib and grille -- look at the T O Y O T A in the center. The one in my '75 had a different style of lettering. I think it also switched to plastic.

rover67
09-23-2009, 02:32 PM
I know Matt, I was kidding. :)

Anybody got a spare front Bib Hinge? I just noticed last night that mine was not there. the whole front end flops around...

rover67
09-23-2009, 04:02 PM
OK, I have another question..... sure somebody knows this answer...

I found a complete window frame and wiper assembly for a "75 and later" truck.. did they change the windshield frames from 75 on or were they all the same?

Jacket
09-23-2009, 04:30 PM
According to Specter, there's a frame from 1/75 - 9/77, and then a different frame from 9/77 - 1984 on LHD FJ40's. For RHD they show one part from 75-84.

So there must be some kind of minor difference but it's not clear what it is. Maybe someone else knows?

Caribou Sandstorm
09-23-2009, 05:05 PM
I am soo jealous...Nice rig...

Jacket
09-23-2009, 05:15 PM
^All you gotta do is sell that Alpha and pick one up - basically trade one convertible for another.

rover67
09-23-2009, 06:04 PM
According to Specter, there's a frame from 1/75 - 9/77, and then a different frame from 9/77 - 1984 on LHD FJ40's. For RHD they show one part from 75-84.

So there must be some kind of minor difference but it's not clear what it is. Maybe someone else knows?

I saw that... the wiper assemblies look to be the same though.

I wonder what the difference could be?

Chris, sounds like it's time to get a 40... sell the Alpha like Matt says and take the plunge.

Caribou Sandstorm
09-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Matt you know me too well...just was in EBay looking at Alfa prices..and used 40's

MDH33
09-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Matt you know me too well...just was in EBay looking at Alfa prices..and used 40's

Very cool Chris, don't pay the Ebay premium to find a 40 though, we can probably find you a good one locally. What's the budget?

rover67
09-24-2009, 09:20 AM
hey guys, any reason why this should not work?

if i'm gonna get it it might as well be right.

-Marco

FJBRADY
09-24-2009, 09:22 AM

-Marco

I don't think it will work with the tarp in front of the glass....I'm just saying.

MDH33
09-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Has the underside of that frame been fiberglassed or something? looks strange. Do you know what year it's from? The difference might be how the defrost vent openings line up.

Uncle Ben
09-24-2009, 09:58 AM
I would put the bolts in the hinge before you hit highway speed! Just sayin'.....

FJ_Mark
09-24-2009, 10:47 AM

The 75' has a different size motor and motor cover. You can't fit a later motor under the 75' cover. And the cover holes will not line up.

treerootCO
09-24-2009, 11:05 AM

-Marco

1958-1964 is the early windshield frame with the cool vent flap in front.

1965-12/74 40 Series had the wiper assembly above the windshield with a small change in 1968 with the newer wiper motors. 1958-67 all used the same wiper motors. These are the ones like Wes has.

1/75-1984 40 Series had the wiper assembly below the windshield

The difference between 1/75-9/77 and 9/77-1984 is the physical size of the wiper motor and the cover. For 1/75-9/77 Cruisers the new motor is an updated part that requires #192-15B cover & #192-16B cover gasket. For 1/75-9/77 Cruisers the new motor requires drilling 4 new holes for updated cover to fit, the cover is larger.

The one in the picture is a 1/75-9/77 as the windshield nozzle is missing....9/77-1984 40 Series have the washer nozzle in the middle top of the windshield. It was the 9/71-9/77 40s that had the washers in the hood. ( 1968-9/71 and then 9/71-9/77 depending on style)

FJBRADY
09-24-2009, 11:08 AM

1965-12/74 40 Series had the wiper assembly above the windshield with a small change in 1968 with the newer wiper motors. 1958-67 all used the same wiper motors. These are the ones like Wes has.

The difference between 1/75-9/77 and 9/77-1984 is the physical size of the wiper motor and the cover. For 1/75-9/77 Cruisers the new motor is an updated part that requires #192-15B cover & #192-16B cover gasket. For 1/75-9/77 Cruisers the new motor requires drilling 4 new holes for updated cover to fit, the cover is larger.

The one in the picture is a 1/75-9/77 as the windshield nozzle is missing....

Man, there is a lot of smart people on this site....and then there is me. :D

rover67
09-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Wow, thanks for the info Mike.

Martin, it used to be that darker color, and got painted. Also he said it was from a '77.

So it sounds like there are several visible differences. I guess it wouldn't be too PC to throw it on there with a bigger cover to make it look like the later model.

Need to keep looking or decide if I want to get this one and convert it I guess. This one is relatively cheap (300 complete with glass wiper stuff and hinges) so it's tempting. Thanks a ton for the info guys!

treerootCO
09-24-2009, 11:20 AM
The color is Olive T637 available in 72-77 and not the Olive T653 used from 78-82. Both are respectively called baby s**t brown but the '6' designates green. Someone slapped some white on it but the s**t is shiny underneath :D

Yours is T681 - Green (80-83)

The Chart below is from an '82 brochure

Uncle Ben
09-24-2009, 11:52 AM

The one in the picture is a 1/75-9/77 as the windshield nozzle is missing....9/77-1984 40 Series have the washer nozzle in the middle top of the windshield. It was the 9/71-9/77 40s that had the washers in the hood. ( 1968-9/71 and then 9/71-9/77 depending on style)

Bzzzzzzzt. Not sure what year of the change but the early wipers were individual motors above the frame and they were changed to a single motor cable assembly above the frame that used the same holes

rover67
09-24-2009, 11:57 AM
I know it's not the right year, just trying to decide if I should hold out for one that it the right year or just get this one. I'd repaint it the factory color, since that's the ultimate plan for the truck also.

treerootCO
09-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Bzzzzzzzt. Not sure what year of the change but the early wipers were individual motors above the frame and they were changed to a single motor cable assembly above the frame that used the same holes

I know you are just messing with me because that info is in the text above. :boozer::drool:

You can't fit an early hard top on a later windshield frame without the little metal piece but the frame is the same.

MDH33
09-24-2009, 02:04 PM

I know you are just messing with me because that info is in the text above. :boozer::drool:

You can't fit an early hard top on a later windshield frame without the little metal piece but the frame is the same.

The holes of individual motor vs single motor are in different locations though, correct?

Here's a pic of a '66 windshield and slightly later (probably 67-71ish) hardtop. The wipers don't align with the cutouts in the hardtop.

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/656457394_jAJgP-S.jpg

treerootCO
09-24-2009, 02:10 PM
1957-1965 and 1966-1984 was the difference in hard tops I thought...Is your pic the early windshield with the big vent under the glass? Yours looks like the 1958-1964 frame. The wipers were the same from 1958-67 so 64 through 67 used the singles in the same holes. 68 did too but they were weird. Keep in mind that the production date doesn't always match the year of the truck.

rover67
09-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks again for the wealth of info, I am gonna pass on the windshield and try and find a 9/77-84 one.

So far I have no hard top, so fit with it is irrelevant.

MDH33
09-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks again for the wealth of info, I am gonna pass on the windshield and try and find a 9/77-84 one.

So far I have no hard top, so fit with it is irrelevant.

sorry for the hijack. ;)

rover67
09-24-2009, 05:48 PM
no problem, all good info.

'cept the guy I was looking to get it from says there is no difference between those years. He claims it is the same windshield frame as is on his 78..

jettaglxdriver
09-24-2009, 05:50 PM
man I wish I was able to buy me a 40. Oh well I have a 60 that I really like also that is going to get lots of love yet.

nuclearlemon
09-24-2009, 07:22 PM
1957-1965 and 1966-1984 was the difference in hard tops I thought...Is your pic the early windshield with the big vent under the glass? Yours looks like the 1958-1964 frame. The wipers were the same from 1958-67 so 64 through 67 used the singles in the same holes. 68 did too but they were weird. Keep in mind that the production date doesn't always match the year of the truck.

early corrugated tops are completely different, then 66-74 tops had notches for the wipers and 75 and up did not have wiper notches. 58-64, did not have the big lip to bolt to the w/s frame, it just sat there, also it's not the same dimensions as the 66 and up tops.

nuclearlemon
09-24-2009, 07:24 PM
The holes of individual motor vs single motor are in different locations though, correct?

Here's a pic of a '66 windshield and slightly later (probably 67-71ish) hardtop. The wipers don't align with the cutouts in the hardtop.

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/656457394_jAJgP-S.jpg

that is a post 66 top, but interesting to note that the wiper cutouts are in the wrong place. is the w/s a 66 w/s or is it an earlier w/s with the individual wiper motors as opposed to one wiper motor and a cable transmission.

MDH33
09-24-2009, 07:47 PM
that is a post 66 top, but interesting to note that the wiper cutouts are in the wrong place. is the w/s a 66 w/s or is it an earlier w/s with the individual wiper motors as opposed to one wiper motor and a cable transmission.

The rig is either a 65 or 66. No vent on the windshield, but it has the individual motors.

subzali
09-28-2009, 02:50 PM
are the 9/77-1984 windshield frames thinner as well? My hardtop doesn't quite line up fore/aft with my windshield frame - adding to the jet takeoff noise I hear when inside driving down the highway...

...but I guess I don't have the nozzle hole for the high sprayer, so I must have the right windshield and I'm pretty sure the fiberglass cap is original. Hmmmm maybe something just got bent up over the years...

BTW nice looking truck Marco! :thumb:

Jacket
10-08-2009, 09:47 AM
You wanna drive to Wisconsin?

'79 hardtop (http://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/322353-hard-top-southern-wi.html)

rover67
10-08-2009, 09:55 AM
I saw that somewhere else and emailed him back and forth.. I think that's why he specified no shipping this time :)

dangit.