PDA

View Full Version : Fsb Lc

Mendocino
09-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Today I offer this humble shot of a LC as part of a Federal Security Service (aka FSB) detail in Russia. I tried to get a shot of the lead vehicle with a host of radio antennas but missed. Generally these guys travel in convoy of three to six. They also travel extremely close to each other (~ 3 feet) at very high rates of speed (up to 90 MPH or more depending on where they are). They also have blue lights that denote the federal government and everyone gets out of their way; even in the incredibly dense Moscow traffic.

The training for these drivers is six years I am told and only a very select number of students actually graduate. I was in a horrendous rainstorm in NW Russia a few weeks ago and could barely see through the windshield with the wipers on high. We were suddenly overtaken by an FSB detial of two LCs and a 7 series BMW all about three feet apart going at least double our speed. This really gets your attention!:eek:

Anyway, this is my meager LC offering for the day. I have also posted the *.kmz so you can see where these guys were on Google Earth. They were moving pretty slowly and not in formation so I suspect they just dropped someone off at the Kremlin.

chtucker
09-19-2009, 03:23 PM
I always forget to ask... What are you doing over there? My brother and his family have been in Moscow since 1992. I have been over about 6 times...

He works for BBDO advertising...

Mendocino
09-19-2009, 03:53 PM
I always forget to ask... What are you doing over there?...

I'm a Capitalist Tool.

chtucker
09-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Like everyone else...

That place is crazy... and fun place to be... After 16 years my brother is looking to come back...

My brother's quote "The Porsche Cayenne is like a the Chevy Tahoe to a Russian"