PDA

View Full Version : t100 tranny service - or how I wasted a day

Beater
09-19-2009, 02:19 PM
just venting, but I have now found a vehicle as bad as a rover to do a tranny service on. I didn't have to spread the frame with a porta-power like a rover, BUT, you do have to drop the sway bar, unbolt the dip stick, do over half of the bolts by hand, then rotate the drive shaft as you remove the pan.

4 flippin hours on my back (well, I did change the oil and attempt to do the crossover pipe) but still.. jeez.

Shark Bait
09-19-2009, 09:52 PM
just venting, but I have now found a vehicle as bad as a rover to do a tranny service on. I didn't have to spread the frame with a porta-power like a rover, BUT, you do have to drop the sway bar, unbolt the dip stick, do over half of the bolts by hand, then rotate the drive shaft as you remove the pan.

4 flippin hours on my back (well, I did change the oil and attempt to do the crossover pipe) but still.. jeez.

You never did a PHH then. :lmao:

corsair23
09-19-2009, 10:12 PM
You never did a PHH then. :lmao:

Werd! :hill:

On the plus side John, at least it doesn't take you 4 hours to do JUST the oil change :o :)

nakman
09-19-2009, 10:59 PM
so what all did you do? this sounds more than your standard 4 quart drop & swap...

Beater
09-20-2009, 07:34 AM
I have done a phh, and several other jobs that I don't ever want to see again in my life. try a first gen taurus heater core. THAT is nasty.

Anyway, it was a drop and swap, it's just that the front driveshaft is in the way of the tranny pan. The tranny pan actualy is curved/angled for the shaft. 10 or so of the bolts are un-reachable by socket, even flex sockets, and the sway bar prevents you from dropping the pan.

I also refreshed the gunk in the driveshafts and tried to get the cross over out. the down-pipe nuts are frozen, but I didn't use an impact as I should have. oh well - a couple more days of soaking should help.

powderpig
09-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Sound like he cleaned or replaced the screen and cleaned the magnets.