PDA

View Full Version : damn thieves

Beater
09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
ok - so I follow a policy of not leaving anything visible in my vehicles, but, last night it didn't work. No truck damage, but they took:

3 outlet power strip (was velcro mounted for their convenience)
ash tray which had a whopping 1.25 in meter money
usb/110 adapter

From my center console:

ipod power cord
and my uber rare k40 cb mike
two lighters (one a survival type water proof butane)
and my fj cruiser multi-tool

They left me the dollar that had accidentally fallen into the center cup holder, and was in plain sight. All in all, about a 200.00 retail hit that I didn't need right now. If anyone has an extra fjcruiser multi tool they'll sell me, I'd appreciate it. It was Calvin's.

Also, since I have the full k40 cb set-up already mounted in dash, if anyone has a lead on a microphone, that would be nice.

j

Uncle Ben
09-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Bummer! I might have an extra FJC Multitool you can have. Can't help on the mic....mine are all Uniden or Cobra. Unless the mic has controls in it you can go to a CB shop and get a upgrade noise canceling mic pretty cheap and they should have the plug too!

PabloCruise
09-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Aw man, that is abummer!

I do not have FJC multi-tool or CB mike, but I sympathize...

If anyone else has FJC multi-tool, I would like to pick one up! I didn't know they existed until now!

Beater
09-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Well, after a few minutes on the interweb, k40 mikes are still around, but not the uber-cool magnetic mount style that I had. controls aren't specific, but the processor is to K40.

The multi-tools were a give away from the fj trail teams, which calvin got on a cruise moab and has some sentimental value for him. UB - I'd appreciate the hook-up if you have it.

Waiting for yota jim to open up so I can get an ashtray... what a pain.

powderpig
09-22-2009, 09:46 AM
I have a couple of the folding multi tools(left over) I can replace that for Calvin:thumb:
Sorry to hear about the break in, I :campfire: the B-tard if I caught him.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MDH33
09-22-2009, 10:01 AM
The guy at Radio Service Center has piles of old mics, I bet he has a match for your set-up. Sorry to hear about the thievery.

PabloCruise
09-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Who steals the entire ash tray? What is with people...

It sounds like you can get your multi-tool replaced.

Have you walked the neighborhood (or at least the nearby houses) to see if anyone may have pitched your mike and ashtray into a shrubbery?

Beater
09-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Who steals the entire ash tray? What is with people...

It sounds like you can get your multi-tool replaced.

Have you walked the neighborhood (or at least the nearby houses) to see if anyone may have pitched your mike and ashtray into a shrubbery?

nope - had to get to work.. will do that tonight after practice

rover67
09-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Bummer man... Those K40 Mics I think are specific to the radios and hard to find...

and......

I threw an old one away a few months ago in our move.

Hulk
09-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Did they smash your window? What a bummer. :(

Beater
09-22-2009, 11:52 AM
nope - either I didn't lock it, or they popped the passenger door.

bh4rnnr
09-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Thieves broke into my old Ford, stoll the 400(+)$ stereo, wasnt so upset about that, was more upset that they took my Lord Groovy and the Psychodelic Zombiez cd. The band broke up a few years before and thus unable to replace the cd:mad:

Yeah, thieves suck big time:mad::rant:

Beater
09-23-2009, 07:44 AM
found my ashtray, it was wedged under the drivers seat. I couldn't figure out what else was missing, but I knew something was. then the lightbulb went off. They had taken my nifty thule trash bag...

oh, and the crackheads left a 5 D-cell maglite, and the removable antenna that was in the back seat too.

idjiots

jacdaw
09-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Can you get finger prints off the maglite?

Beater
09-24-2009, 08:35 AM
they didn't even touch it. laying between the seat and the console. These guys weren't that smart, or realllly tweaking..

think about it, how much are you gonna get for a trash bag, a couple of usb cables and power outlet/converter?

Uncle Ben
09-24-2009, 09:04 AM
they didn't even touch it. laying between the seat and the console. These guys weren't that smart, or realllly tweaking..

think about it, how much are you gonna get for a trash bag, a couple of usb cables and power outlet/converter?

I'm sure the trash bag was used to carry the rest of the stuff....it only had value to you.

jacdaw
09-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Thieves like this are opportunists for sure. And it looks like this one got scared off before he could figure out what was valuable.

Back in the 80s I left the manual sunroof open in my GTI when I got home from band rehearsal. My prized vintage Rickenbacker was on the back seat. It was worth about $1,500 at the time. Thief ripped my dash apart for a $50 stereo and left the guitar alone. Whew! Either it was too big for him to walk off with, or he's really just stupid.

nuclearlemon
09-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Can you get finger prints off the maglite?

won't matter. police won't do squat for a minimal offense like this. btdt. :(

nuclearlemon
09-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Thief ripped my dash apart for a $50 stereo and left the guitar alone. Whew! Either it was too big for him to walk off with, or he's really just stupid.

i'll vote for stupid. when thieves broke into my 60 and stole a $40 boombox, they cut the wires for it....right at the giant rca plug.:rolleyes:

Beater
10-07-2009, 07:54 AM
cal's soccer schedule has changed, and I have wednesdays free now. I am going to try to make it to the meeting - ub/robbie let me know what you would like in exchange for the multi-tool for cal.

j

powderpig
10-07-2009, 08:12 AM
I will bring the tool(am I the tool or UB?) to tonights meeting.
Robbie

Uncle Ben
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I will bring the tool(am I the tool or UB?) to tonights meeting.
Robbie

Ouch! :brick: :rolleyes:

Beater
10-07-2009, 10:58 AM
thanks guys - robbie I need to solicit your help for obtaining a saab project also