PDA

View Full Version : New Locker

pmccumber
09-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Robbie just put a new rear locker (ARB) in for me. I'm pretty damn happy. :)

Paul

jettaglxdriver
09-26-2009, 08:53 PM
sweet

rock_wagon
09-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Your going to really enjoy that Paul! :cool:

TIMZTOY
09-27-2009, 12:00 AM
since were on the topic. I thought I'd bring it up. Might be better set for it's own thread but hell.

What combo of lockers front and rear do most of you use or reccomend ? Because I was thinking that the lockright on the street in slick conditions could possibly become dangeroous how it bucks. And a arb in the from could be bad too because your either locked or in 2wd if it's off. And locked In The snow could deem hazerodus in ghe snow on pavement. Detroits I would this k would be best forthe fronts but don't know how they drive but do know that there normally open unless slippage occurs. WhaT combo do y'all reccomend.

FJBRADY
09-27-2009, 09:44 AM
since were on the topic. I thought I'd bring it up. Might be better set for it's own thread but hell.

What combo of lockers front and rear do most of you use or reccomend ? Because I was thinking that the lockright on the street in slick conditions could possibly become dangeroous how it bucks. And a arb in the from could be bad too because your either locked or in 2wd if it's off. And locked In The snow could deem hazerodus in ghe snow on pavement. Detroits I would this k would be best forthe fronts but don't know how they drive but do know that there normally open unless slippage occurs. WhaT combo do y'all reccomend.

I have ARB's on the 40 and a elocker on the fjc. I like the part time lockers on my rigs so I have control.

I prefer the ARB set up simply because they engage quick and disengage even quicker.

I hope this helped!

TIMZTOY
09-27-2009, 11:52 AM
you don't find being locked 100% with no slipabe gets squarlly in the snow ? Or do you just disengage around turns ? That's my major consern is daily drivi g in 4wheel drive. I know how they handle offroad

FJBRADY
09-27-2009, 01:27 PM
We have officially hijacked this thread.....btw Robbie does do great work!!

I use my lockers only when needed...in fact I have gotten into trouble using my rear locker when I shouldn't have.

Yesterday I did not use a locker at all....in fact during the snow run last January I was in 4 wheel high second or third gear the whole time and did not get stuck unless I lost momentum.

I drive snow like you would go muddin in the south. IMHO it is all about momentum and rpm's.