PDA

View Full Version : old wood burning furnaces

nuclearlemon
10-03-2009, 02:58 PM
anybody know anything about them? like almost antique? i've got one from the united states stove co out of south pittsburg, tn, that i can't find any info on. i've got an email to the company also, but waiting on a response. the model is a cast iron "hot blast heater", model 16-fb.

Bruce Miller
10-03-2009, 03:22 PM
What do you want to know about stoves? Is it a pot bellied stove? Contact Chuck Penrod in Idaho Springs. His info comes up with a Google search. Can't find his business card at the moment. Chuck sells antique stoves, I think he refurbishes them, too. We have one of his stoves here. Fired it up this morning to take the chill out of the house. My guess is, the 16 in the model number is the diameter of the firebox. Get ahold of Chuck, he'll know. His shop is on the west side of the big parking lot we park in to go to Beau Jos Pizza. Chuck does most of his business on weekends, going after travelers on I-70. Wood stoves are fun but don't let your insurance company know about it. Whoever you contact, find out if it was built to burn coal. That will keep the house warm overnight. Keep us posted.

Bruce Miller
10-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Chuck's Antique Stoves, 303-567-9300. Tell him we sent you, we're the people from New Mexico. We've bought 3 stoves from him over the years. Tell him we're the ones who bought the German Heaters from him. I'll bet he will help.

nuclearlemon
10-03-2009, 03:32 PM
great! thanks bruce, i'll get ahold of him