PDA

View Full Version : TLCA Raffle Truck

timmbuck2
10-05-2009, 02:14 PM
In case you had not heard, TLCA is going to raffle off a truck this year to help with our budget issues. I would like to find a day on a weekend sometime soon to get a Rising Sun group to go down and help on a workday. Anyone interested?

Here is more info:

"Folks,

It's time to start digging in on this project. I'm looking for folks to assist with the background organization of this. As Mark outlined intially, we have a few "teams" that we need to organize and have folks take some ownership of.

BUILD: We are planning a few work "weekends"/"weeks" depending on the interest to have TLCA members visit the RedLine Land Cruisers shop to work on the rig.
PARTS: Calling vendors to ask for part donations, we have a good list of what is needed.
DISPLAY: Getting the truck to and from events. This is going to be a logistics thing and take some coordination.
RAFFLE/MARKETING: Selling the tickets, accounting for the funds and marketing the truck where we can.

If you or any member of your chapters has any interest in being part of this project, please have them contact me directly. I will be working with Gehn/Matt to get a raffle truck mailing list setup as a communication channel. This is open to ALL TLCA members to participate in, so if you know folks that are not affiliated with any chapter, please pass this information along to them if they are interested in participating.

Attached is the Ad that will be in Toyota Trails Nov/Dec issue. A huge thanks to Todd and Charlie for making it work! All information about the truck from this point forward will be at TLCA.org Exclusively.

Thanks,
Art
packman73@gmail.com
515-988-9261 (Cell/Home/Work)"

-Timm

treerootCO
10-05-2009, 02:30 PM
What kind of truck is it? Knowing that my help others to decide what experience they can bring to the table.

timmbuck2
10-05-2009, 02:43 PM
ooops. Thought it was in his email.

It is an FJ40. :cool: :thumb:

Hulk
10-05-2009, 05:14 PM
I would like to find a day on a weekend sometime soon to get a Rising Sun group to go down and help on a workday. Anyone interested?

Isn't the truck in California? That's a long way to go to turn some wrenches.

timmbuck2
10-05-2009, 05:20 PM
"Redline Land Cruisers has graciously agreed to hosting the build at their shop in Colorado."

C'mon, gimme *some* credit...