PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary sure thing...

Mendocino
10-07-2009, 07:42 PM
My wife has accused me of being insensitive, not thoughtful enough and generally not engaged in the small things that wifes' so happy. I reply that if you normalize my thougthfulness it is actually quite good.:rolleyes:

Anyway, this year I wanted to do something special for her. I surprised her tonight with a manilla envelope. In the envelope was a nice card and in the card was cash. I explained that the cash was to buy some nice outfits because I was taking her to NYC for the holidays (she has never been). I had the entire thing totally planned out:

Arrive in NYC in 20 November and go ice skating at Rockeffler center
Staying in Times Square in the Crowne Plaza
Dinner at an outstanding restaurant
Rockettes Christmas show
Horse drawn carriage ride in Central Park
Dinner at a spectacular Italian restaurant.

I figure I am good for five years.;)

TIMZTOY
10-08-2009, 12:55 AM
way to go man. Props. Now all you need is to repropose to her. With a fat neckless and your good for another 10 years :bowdown::thumb:

Hulk
10-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Anyway, this year I wanted to do something special for her. I surprised her tonight with a manilla envelope. In the envelope was a nice card and in the card was cash. I explained that the cash was to buy some nice outfits because I was taking her to NYC for the holidays (she has never been).

Sounds like a great, romantic trip. :thumb: Who will watch the kids?

Mendocino
10-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Sounds like a great, romantic trip. :thumb: Who will watch the kids?

A nanny.:)

Uncle Ben
10-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Nice! Sounds like you're typical male scum incapable of showing compasion! :rolleyes: Welcome to the scum club! I'm a slow learner but having three daughters that are quickly becoming mom clones I can offer a little bit of advice to make your most awesome of gifts more special to her. This is going to be absolute torture for you but that seems to make women the happest......go with her when she shops for the clothes! If your like me then going shopping with the wife finds you at the gadget stores or people watching....suck it up and only pay attention to the wife as she shops. I know you would probably rather stick a rusty rail road spike in your good eye but I'm telling you that will be the gift she remembers more than anything! These women things seem to really enjoy torturing the male species so let her! That will double your 5 year brownie points!

wesintl
10-08-2009, 08:48 AM
I figure I am good for five years.;)

just have to top that in 5 years :eek::eek:

congrats! the ladies deserve it.:cheers:

MDH33
10-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Ever see that Seinfeld episode where Jerry and Elaine are "dating" again and Jerry gives her cash for her birthday? ;)

Happy Anniversary. :D

Uncle Ben
10-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Ever see that Seinfeld episode where Jerry and Elaine are "dating" again and Jerry gives her cash for her birthday? ;)

Happy Anniversary. :D

Great call! :lmao::lmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tq-RE_6yVo

farnhamstj
10-08-2009, 10:03 AM
You were doing great until the, "I think I'm good for the next 5 years comment" I'll translate into wife talk, "That was a thoughtful gift, Now empty the dishwasher, don't leave your underwear on the floor, and stay on your side of the bed"

Happy Anniversary.
Mine is this Monday. My wife is scrapbooking with her friends, I am leaving town for 3 days for work.

I figure, I'm not good for the next five years.:o
We are going to Cancun 10/21 but somehow I don't think that counts.

jettaglxdriver
10-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Have you been qualifying this trip as the anniversary trip?

Mendocino
10-08-2009, 11:07 AM
You were doing great until the, "I think I'm good for the next 5 years comment" ...

I think I am good. I am truly trying to bridge the gap between Mars and Venus. I took her to the Capital Grille last night and had a very nice dinner. The Grille did a great job and had a special table all set up.

Also, I think I might have qualified Cancun as an anniversary trip...:D

RockRunner
10-08-2009, 07:30 PM
If your wife decides not to go I will buy a dress and go with you.................but keep your hands to yourself on the carriage ride.

All kidding aside, that is a rocking gift. Sharon would love a gift like that, good luck and enjoy your time there.

Mendocino
10-08-2009, 08:05 PM
If your wife decides not to go I will buy a dress and go with you.................but keep your hands to yourself on the carriage ride.

All kidding aside, that is a rocking gift. Sharon would love a gift like that, good luck and enjoy your time there.

BTW-I have Ann (:Princess:) has emailed all the RS wife's her itinerary and asked what you guys are giving them for their anniversary.:D

Uncle Ben
10-08-2009, 08:13 PM
BTW-I have Ann (:Princess:) has emailed all the RS wife's her itinerary and asked what you guys are giving them for their anniversary.:D

That could cause you some serious (note expensive) ramifications! :eek: :bowdown::Princess:

wesintl
10-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Just like your Cinderella trip this thread will vanish shortly!

Mendocino
10-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Just like your Cinderella trip this thread will vanish shortly!

LOL!:lmao:

Inukshuk
10-08-2009, 11:52 PM
A great itinerary, heavy on the tourist attractions, but still great.
Do you have the restaurants selected?

Maybe also, time permitting:
Walk from your hotel to Central Park for the carriage ride, stop at
FAO Schwartz (near where you get the carriage) to show her your fun kid side, get a hot pretzel with mustard from a street cart.
Sweets at Veniro's bakery http://www.venierospastry.com/ (1st Avenue & 11th) (off the beaten path but oh my god so good!)
See the view from Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Plaza).
Cellar Bar off Bryant Park is pretty cool for a drink and I hear the sushi upstairs there is really good (but I have not had it). 40th btw 5th & 6th (and while there take a picture with the Lions at the NY Public Library, around the corner on 5th)
Any time to hit a museum?

I'm from Queens.