PDA

View Full Version : FJ60 parts

Air Randy
10-10-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm pulling the entire front axle housing on an FJ60 and the rear axle shafts on it. It looks like both of the drive shafts are still in place. Are there any parts anyone else wants me to grab while I'm there?

PabloCruise
10-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Does anyone know if 60 self-adjusting rear drums will bolt on 40/55 rear housing?

Uncle Ben
10-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Does anyone know if 60 self-adjusting rear drums will bolt on 40/55 rear housing?

Patterns are different I do believe. Go discs and never look back!

thugmusk
10-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Are there any parts anyone else wants me to grab while I'm there?

High Altitude Compensation Valve.

Getting my ass kicked at emissions with my new to me 60.

Air Randy
10-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I have no idea what that is or where it is located on the engine, plus I pulled my stuff out today.

This was a CFC vehicle so the engine is seized and painted green but I guess that wouldnt matter on that valve.

The vehicle is at Colorado Auto Salvage 2200 Radcliff in Englewood. Let me know if you need directions.

thugmusk
10-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Let me know if you need directions.

Found the yard np. Couldn't find the 60 and no one there could help.

I'm 4 miles away from that yard so maybe I can try to find it again with your help over cell call, unless it's easy to describe where it is.

Rich

Air Randy
10-12-2009, 06:38 PM
When you go into the yard there is a wall made of large cement blocks on your left. Follow that until it turn on a 45 degree angle. The FJ60 is silver and is sitting in either the 2nd or 3rd row from the cement wall and it's only 2 or 3 vehicles from the end of the row.

I may go back to it myself to pull the rear axles out. Let me know when you're going to go and maybe we can meet up at the same time. My cell is 303-319-8976. Thanks-Randy

thugmusk
10-12-2009, 09:35 PM
pm

Air Randy
10-13-2009, 06:21 PM
I grabbed the long side axle I needed today. If anyone wants the short side axle or 2 brake drums that looked really nice, I stuck them in the rear cargo area and covered them with an old piece of vinyl.

The backing plates were bent on the bottoms where they set the rig on the ground with no tires, but the rest of the drum brake components looked to be in pretty good shape. The front disk stuff was already gone.

Its too bad they CFC'd this thing, according to the sticker on the windshield the last oil change was 8/09 and theres 164K on the clock. Other than a small dent in the drivers side rear door the body was cherry with virtually no rust. Still lots of good external parts on the 2F, the carb and intake were still there too.