PDA

View Full Version : Sprinkler Blowout? Febco 765 Bonnet Assembly

PabloCruise
10-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Anyone suffer any sprinkler system damage?

The bonnet assembly blew off my backflow prevention device about an hour ago - nothing like dealing with your lawn irrigation in the dark and cold.

Guess I should have blown out today!

Uncle Ben
10-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Anyone suffer any sprinkler system damage?

The bonnet assembly blew off my backflow prevention device about an hour ago - nothing like dealing with your lawn irrigation in the dark and cold.

Guess I should have blown out today!

Should have dealt with it last week when they said temps were headed down! Bummer man!

Red_Chili
10-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Surprised it froze really, upper 20s don't seem to have done that in years past... but just in case I drained everything back the night before. No air blowout yet (I don't usually at the home place, I do at the rental place because there is no proper drain in the valve box).

Whew.

Uncle Ben
10-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Surprised it froze really, upper 20s don't seem to have done that in years past... but just in case I drained everything back the night before. No air blowout yet (I don't usually at the home place, I do at the rental place because there is no proper drain in the valve box).

Whew.

It was 15 here this morning around 9am! 18 right now!

Jacket
10-11-2009, 08:54 AM
I blew out my sprinklers about 5pm on Friday, knowing that the Arctic blast was coming. Bummer that yours didn't hold.

corsair23
10-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Didn't get to mine either but it seems ok...I shut off the water and this morning I drained at the back flow and the valves until I can blow the system out later this week. I did put my cover and a blanket over the above ground stuff on Friday though to keep it comfy warm :hill:

But it was cold enough down here, the water in the hoses was all frozen

PabloCruise
10-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Should have dealt with it last week when they said temps were headed down! Bummer man!

Yep, shoulda, coulda, woulda...

I am finding I am not as good at multi-tasking as I once thought!

It looks like the Febco design is pretty cool though, let the plastic bits blow before the brass body cracks.

I am convinced though that we have at least one more week of temps in hte 70's left in the Fall!

wesintl
10-11-2009, 07:33 PM
yeah.. except they want like $40 friggin dollars for those 2 GD plastic pieces. Bend over
It should be something like $12.

Uncle Ben
10-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Yep, shoulda, coulda, woulda...

I am finding I am not as good at multi-tasking as I once thought!

It looks like the Febco design is pretty cool though, let the plastic bits blow before the brass body cracks.

I am convinced though that we have at least one more week of temps in hte 70's left in the Fall!

I have a commercial account at CPS so if you or anyone needs the replacement kit I can pick them up this week.

Uncle Ben
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
yeah.. except they want like $40 friggin dollars for those 2 GD plastic pieces. Bend over
It should be something like $12.

$40 is still a bunch cheaper than the brass part!

treerootCO
10-12-2009, 12:00 PM
I took the furnace out of the house last week. Waiting for the thaw to see if I suffered any damage. I opened the sprinkler but nothing came out so I know it was frozen solid.

PabloCruise
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I have a commercial account at CPS so if you or anyone needs the replacement kit I can pick them up this week.

Very cool - thank you for the offer. If I were heading down that way I would take you up on this for sure...

I am going to have to pay local simply to manage my time.

PabloCruise
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I took the furnace out of the house last week. Waiting for the thaw to see if I suffered any damage. I opened the sprinkler but nothing came out so I know it was frozen solid.

That does not sound good...

wesintl
10-12-2009, 02:21 PM
$40 is still a bunch cheaper than the brass part!

not after you sell it to some crackhead so he can.. I mean once you recycle it :eek: :hill:

LETSROLL
10-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Mine blew out too. I noticed is said made in China. Go figure!

Red_Chili
10-13-2009, 07:30 AM
That's not why it failed! :lmao:
US of A woulda too.

leiniesred
10-13-2009, 08:14 AM
I blew mine out Sunday. No damage. Mine self drains except the two lowest heads on the system. The first winter, I didn't blow it out and those 2 heads broke.

My "uninvolved?" neighbor's anti-backwash valve is leaking (again.) Last winter we had 4 foot ice sculptures between the houses until spring when he finally got around to turning it off.

PabloCruise
10-13-2009, 08:32 AM
That's not why it failed! :lmao:
US of A woulda too.

You mean the laws of physics apply to us too? :eek:

Dang!!! :rant: