View Full Version : Careful with those antennas

10-13-2009, 10:59 AM

Police in Florida said a mother, father and 15-year-old son died after being electrocuted while putting up a ham radio antenna in their Palm Bay home.



10-13-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm pretty sure there are specific rules about how close those antenna can be to a power line. Sad ending for that family.

Bruce Miller
10-13-2009, 01:43 PM
None of the three were radio amateurs and the accident took place after dark, at 8:40PM. Overhead power lines and towers never mix well.