PDA

View Full Version : Off to Wyoming to get my new Toy

Romer
10-17-2009, 09:16 AM
2005 Adventure Trailer Horizon model. Much better for just me. The baja with the king and queen bed made me feel like the lonley guy.

I will be selling the overland RTT as There is a different RTT I want. Little rust on top of one of the storage boxes, but other than that looks great.

Lowered the price to the Jayco Baja

MDH33
10-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Awesome Ken! ~jealous~

What kind of RTT are you going with?

I assume you're going to stop by and test it out on the Outlaws Run since you'll be in Wyoming, right?? ;)

Caribou Sandstorm
10-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Man I am sooooo jealous....I really want the chaser and even stripped down they are 5K....How did you hear about this Ken? Mud?

Romer
10-17-2009, 09:39 AM
The Baja is just to big for me and it sits outside. I wanted something smaller and more versitale and one I could keep in the grage in front of the BMW. I have been searching for about 6 weeks and narrowed down what I wanted between the AT Horizon and The conqueror Compact imported from South Africa. These came in 2002 and the dealer had a warehouse full. He wasn’t able to sell them very fast.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq61/agavelvr/bagdad%20bound/expo007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/billpearlman/100_3051-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcSbOOU7wss

They were priced in the same range as the Adventure Trailer. The advantage for this one is the tent changing room is big enough that you can put two cots in there so you can sleep four altogether if need be. Comes with electricity, a water tank, pump and kitchen. The only thing is it doesn’t have is brakes. The only other drawback is you can’t put 35” tires on it like you can the Adventure Trailer.

So last year, the dealer who had these owns a Car dealership and business went to hell and so he decided to move these. He first discounted them to $9000 and then sold the last few for $5500.

I really wanted the Horizon but they were $15K so I wrote it off. I have been talking to a guy in Phoenix about buying his Conqueror Compact Off road Trailer and was searching forums and found a post by a guy several months agao that said he had an AT trailer and may want to sell it. I sent him an e-mail yesterday and we talked and came to a deal. Leaving in 15 minutes to drive to Wyoming and pick it up

Hulk
10-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Wow, sweet deal!

FJ_Mark
10-17-2009, 11:09 AM
When you get it back would you mind if I take a close look at it? I want to build something similar with my 416 frame.

Inukshuk
10-17-2009, 05:32 PM
You know, we going on the Outlaws Run (rig loaded and ready to go) could have gotten it for you and field tested it for a week.....

CardinalFJ60
10-17-2009, 09:08 PM
that is all....SO COOL!!!

:cheers::thumb::beer:

Romer
10-17-2009, 10:37 PM
When you get it back would you mind if I take a close look at it? I want to build something similar with my 416 frame.

That would be fine

Much easier to tow than the Baja, but it was empty of course. The owner forgot the front wheel and just had the plate on the end of the jack stand. Any one know where I can get a wheel on a Sunday? It's removable so you can swap between the plate.

Has electric brakes, need to get a controller and swap out the Jeep hubs for Toyotas or at least get adapters. I'll run the same tires all around so will only need one spare.

Need to sand down the one panel thats rusty and repaint it.

nakman
10-17-2009, 10:43 PM
That's neat Ken, look forward to checking it out. You can get a flip-down wheel at Harbor Freight.

wesintl
10-17-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm actually kinda surprised this is the first AT trailer in the club. Congrats it looks cool.

Make me a deal on the jayco :D

Romer
10-17-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm actually kinda surprised this is the first AT trailer in the club. Congrats it looks cool.

Make me a deal on the jayco :D

If your serious, call me

Uncle Ben
10-18-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm actually kinda surprised this is the first mass produced AT trailer in the club. Congrats it looks cool.

:D

Fixed it for you!

Talk with Drew if you think otherwise! ;)

Romer
10-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Fixed it for you!

Talk with Drew if you think otherwise! ;)

Drews is a thing of Beauty. I wish I had his skills to make something like that.

Uncle Ben
10-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Drews is a thing of Beauty. I wish I had his skills to make something like that.

I hear ya! I got the skilz but as for time....I would still be working on the frame! Romo....thats a really cool snag!

Mendocino
10-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Drews is a thing of Beauty. [snip].

His trailer is great too!:D:lmao:

Romer
10-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Here is an interesting home built one. He must want to take it with him

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33673&d=1255847908

rover67
10-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice setup man!!!!

Romer
10-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Striped down the part where there was rust and painted it and tucked the trailer in the garage. If I had a bigger car then the BMW, I still had a few feet to work with if I moved the stuff from the back wall. This is one of the reasons I wanted one of these so I could store it in the garage and not have to worry about weather

farnhamstj
10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
1985 called and they want their mountainbike back. Looking good Romer

Romer
10-18-2009, 10:11 PM
1985 called and they want their mountainbike back. Looking good Romer

Hey, I bought those Bikes in 1990. They are Trek's. I don't think I have gone for a ride on it in about 7 years. However, it was getting weathered so a few months ago I tore them down, lubed it and cleaned it up. Replaced the tires and tubes . . . . In case I wanted to go for a ride:o

Nice bikes, but I still miss my old stingray with the banana seat

Mendocino
10-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Striped down the part where there was rust and painted it and tucked the trailer in the garage. If I had a bigger car then the BMW, I still had a few feet to work with if I moved the stuff from the back wall. This is one of the reasons I wanted one of these so I could store it in the garage and not have to worry about weather

This looks great! Congratulations.:)

TIMZTOY
10-19-2009, 12:54 AM
I to would love to get a close up of the trailer and it's inner workings. I'd also love to check out frazers blue trailer.
I love how short it is.

Jacket
10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
That guy with the green D90 and the Conqueror was at the Expo Trophy in 2008. I really like that setup, but not as much as I like the AT! I think you made the right choice, and the folks at AT are top notch guys. I'm envious!

Ron Helmuth
10-19-2009, 02:45 PM
good looking tow unit-wow you keep that garage clean

FJBRADY
10-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Very cool, Ken.....I have been contemplating a RTT for the FJC, but this is way better. :thumb:

Corbet
10-20-2009, 11:39 AM
cool trailer, congrats.

Do you plan to switch out the hubs so you can run matching lugged wheels?