PDA

View Full Version : speakers and speaker stands

Beater
10-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Vintage c40 kef's. Walnut look veneer. These are a wonderful jazz speaker, phenomenal classical speaker and good rock speaker. about 30 high, you can google or do audio karma for the rest.

60.00 for the pair. Just thinning the herd.

2 sets of speaker stands:

cheap set: partical board with removable spikes. not audiophile quality, but a basic non-resonant design. about 20" high, and will accomadate most bookshelf style. 12 pack of brown ale

Good set: Made by me, 3/16" steel base and top, with 2" 10ga supports (non-sand filled - I guess you could drill them and fill them, but I never had the need). Finished in black crinkle coat. will support any know speaker except theater size acoustic research horns. 24" tall, 10" base/top. Case of brown ale or 30.00

Please come get them today! lol

john tree o tree 906 eight 693

Hulk
10-19-2009, 08:19 PM
John, those are some nice speakers. Just trying to figure out where I could put them... and I can't think of anything. :(

Someone should jump on those!

nakman
10-19-2009, 08:24 PM
John I'll take them, but can't make it to your neck of the woods anytime soon... you going on the Spooky Night Run?

DaveInDenver
10-19-2009, 08:30 PM
I could grab them for you Nak, I might make the spooky run. Might. I need to get up to Groucho's sometime soon, too. The C40 was probably a $400~$450 back in the late 1980s. They can still go for ~$100 or more in the good shape that John keeps his stuff.

Beater
10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
I was going to go on the night run, but I am now going to canon city on saturday for soccer. 2 hours there, 2 hours for game, and 2 hours back is enough driving time for me in one day for my old butt.

just let me know when you kids get it straightened out.

nakman
10-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Dave if you want to snag them that's great, then you'll have to come on the SNR, right? Or else I may be able to get to Denver this Sunday.. I leave town for work tomorrow so I may be a little out of touch next couple days..

corsair23
10-19-2009, 11:54 PM
If Dave can't make it over I might be able to sometime before the November meeting and bring them with me to the meeting...All depends on when I get the LX back together :hill:

DaveInDenver
10-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Dave if you want to snag them that's great, then you'll have to come on the SNR, right? Or else I may be able to get to Denver this Sunday.. I leave town for work tomorrow so I may be a little out of touch next couple days..
I will call John and swing by his place. As far as SNR, I will do my best but depends on how much work I can get done Saturday. I'd put it at better than even odds I will be tag along.

Beater
10-27-2009, 06:43 AM
speakers sold - stands still available.