PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still need camping for CM06?

El Flaco
04-03-2006, 05:31 PM
If anyone still needs camping, you are welcome to tent camp with us at the KOA in Moab. It is a nice facility w/ showers (and a pool :D ) Right now we have a group site reserved for 14. This is a tenative number and is more than the number of people we have confirmed in our group. Did this b/c i know there is someone that still needs a place and I can always reduce the # after the fact. So far it is:

Myself (+1)
Kipper (+2 or 3)
TJ (+1)
Uncle Ben (+1 ?) Fri and Sat

Fees are $5 per person per night. I am booking Monday thru Sunday so plan on paying around $40 per person(+ tax etc.). They will allow up to (3) vehicles at the group site. Beyond (3) vehicles there is a one time fee of $5 per extra vehicle. I figure we can just split this among the group. There is ample parking to accomodate 6 or 7 vehicles at our sight however. PM me or add to the thread if you need a place to camp. Laters.

nuclearlemon
04-03-2006, 09:18 PM
i'm in...monday through sunday works for me.

wesintl
04-03-2006, 09:46 PM
I am too... I need something..

Snorkel 1
04-04-2006, 12:41 AM
If you have room for 1-2 more people I am interested. If you don't have room do you know of anyone else that might. Thank you. :thumb:

El Flaco
04-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Seth, there IS room for you(+1). I will add you, Wes, and Ige to the roster. We are at around 11-13 people. Still have room for a couple more. Not sure about parking situaton past 7 vehicles, but Id bet we can creatively squeeze a couple more in if neccesary. Anyone else?

Rezarf
04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
I am at the KOA too, and still have room, we only have 2 vehicles there as well, so you guys could come park one where we are at.

Tent site only but we are in the shade! We have three bachlors right now, plenty room for more.

Let me know.

Drew <><

Kipper
04-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Thanks for doing that Chris! I'm looking forward to it.

Uncle Ben
04-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Thanks for doing that Chris! I'm looking forward to it.

Major Ditto! Thanks you very much! :thumb: :bowdown:

Snorkel 1
04-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Seth, there IS room for you(+1).
Thanks El Flaco! :thumb: That takes one thing off the long list of preparations I seem to have. There will be two of us with one vehicle and probably a small tent. We will probably not get there until Wed but we will pay for the whole week ($40 per person?) if they require that. If your site is getting packed we could try to go with Rezarf. I will check here for more info of you can reach me at sethanddeb@yahoo.com. Thanks again. :cheers:

Uncle Ben
04-19-2006, 10:55 AM
:bump: Soooo trying to figure out details of the KOA campout where all the cool folks are staying! ;) Recap from those in the know please... :thumb:

gcmandrake
04-19-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm glad someone else is staying at the KOA. I booked a remote tent site (hopefully).

Matt

Kipper
04-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Here's the link to the KOA - http://www.koa.com/where/ut/44105/

The res is in Chris Patrick's name. I think he'll be there Monday. From what I understand, the KOA is being very cool and giving us the group site, but only charging per person per night for each person that actually shows up. $5/per night per person + $5 for parking for the week.

I plan on getting there Monday or Tuesday night. I'll know for sure by tomorrow.

I am definately Kipper +3
It will be me, one friend from Denver (he's coming to mtb and will be there Wednesday) and 2 from Las Vegas.

Chris Patrick + 1

TJ + 1 (and a half?)

Kevin + 1 on Fri & Sat

Ige

Wes

Seth + 1

Zachanutely also pm'd me looking for a place

So, Looks like we'll have 15 people on fri&sat and 13 the rest of the time and 9, maybe 10 vehicles (depending on wether or not O'Neill can built a 40 from the frame up in 10 days). The group site should be able to handle that pretty well. I may sleep in truck to keep the tent count down.

11 days and counting!

ps-Let me know if I missed anyone!

wesintl
04-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Ian and I are going to swap... I'm going to take his place at spanish trail and he's going to show you all some good manners at KOA :D

Thanks Kipper and Chris..

Uncle Ben
04-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks Kipper! Jerry and I are considering getting there on Thursday night....the jury's still out at this time...

Off Topic but I've been asked by several friends about when trail assignments are getting sent out. Folks trying to plan things are getting frustrated....any news?

Note: if this posts it will be amazing as the first 4 times have locked up the comp solid! :(

Rzeppa
04-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks Kipper! Jerry and I are considering getting there on Thursday night....the jury's still out at this time...

Off Topic but I've been asked by several friends about when trail assignments are getting sent out. Folks trying to plan things are getting frustrated....any news?Reportedly, Neil and Matt (Lewis) were sending out trail assignments via email and snail mail as of last weekend. I have been fielding real-time inquiries on boards and lists. If anyone wants to know their trail assignments, I can reply direct.

I still have some tweaking to do, leader/gunner-wise, and have been waiting to hear back from Neil about my post on the committee section of the forum. I left him a phone message and sent an email. Anyone heard from him?

Jerry, as in Jerry Nichols?

Uncle Ben
04-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Reportedly, Neil and Matt (Lewis) were sending out trail assignments via email and snail mail as of last weekend. I have been fielding real-time inquiries on boards and lists. If anyone wants to know their trail assignments, I can reply direct.

I still have some tweaking to do, leader/gunner-wise, and have been waiting to hear back from Neil about my post on the committee section of the forum. I left him a phone message and sent an email. Anyone heard from him?

Jerry, as in Jerry Nichols?

Jerry "as in major Cruise Moab sponsor Boulder Toyota" Ekberg! Good thought though on Nichols....I think I'll give him a call right now and offer him a seat....my bad.

Kipper
04-20-2006, 04:40 PM

We'll see you Thursday. You know that after watching the yet-to-be-posted "Live From Cruise Moab 2006" thread on 'Mud for 3 days, you'll be trying to sneak out on Wednesday.

Note: if this posts it will be amazing as the first 4 times have locked up the comp solid! :(

Has the forum been slow for you too?

nuclearlemon
04-20-2006, 07:19 PM
tj said leanne won't make it, so it'll just be him.

bh4rnnr
04-20-2006, 07:21 PM
We'll see you Thursday. You know that after watching the yet-to-be-posted "Live From Cruise Moab 2006" thread on 'Mud for 3 days, you'll be trying to sneak out on Wednesday.

Has the forum been slow for you too?

I'll try and post up something when I get there Friday :D

Rezarf
04-24-2006, 12:45 PM
I still have a few spots if anyone needs something, just let me know :D

Drew

IanB
04-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Ian and I are going to swap... I'm going to take his place at spanish trail and he's going to show you all some good manners at KOA :D

Thanks Kipper and Chris..

Yeah you're stuck with me. Ill be rollin in Thursday night or Friday afternoon, most likely Friday afternoon. One truck and I will probably just sleep in the back of it. I need to find some :flamingo: 's

Uncle Ben
04-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah you're stuck with me. Ill be rollin in Thursday night or Friday afternoon, most likely Friday afternoon. One truck and I will probably just sleep in the back of it. I need to find some :flamingo: 's

What Thursday Friday? Of the event or the weekend before? :confused:

IanB
04-24-2006, 03:13 PM
What Thursday Friday? Of the event or the weekend before? :confused:

Of the event. Thursday 4/4 if I work from home that week or Friday 4/5 if I travel.

You can all breath a collective sigh of relief too, I found a :flamingo: !

Kipper
04-24-2006, 06:41 PM
I found a :flamingo: !

Kickass :hill:

bh4rnnr
04-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Of the event. Thursday 4/4 if I work from home that week or Friday 4/5 if I travel.

Why would you bring a Flamingo to Moab :confused: :confused: :hill:

wesintl
04-24-2006, 07:08 PM

When I was working at AOL they had a summer beach type party on the lawn. There was probably 50-100 plastic flamingos. My house mates and I got wasted and managed to get at least 5-10. Of course some got broken on the way home. They were our pride and joy til my roomates frat boys crashed our place and took em when we weren't lookin. Ahh the life of a white trasher :headbang:

Uncle Ben
04-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Why would you bring a Flamingo to Moab :confused: :confused: :hill:

You sir need to be edgikated (http://forum.ih8mud.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47) :flamingo: :flamingo: :hill:

Inukshuk
04-26-2006, 08:05 PM
I guess its time for me to figure out where to stay. Just me, no dogs this time. Anyone have a spot to split? :bowdown:

Uncle Ben
04-26-2006, 09:12 PM
I guess its time for me to figure out where to stay. Just me, no dogs this time. Anyone have a spot to split? :bowdown:

I believe there is still spots available in the group site at KOA were a few of us are resisiding. read up this thread a page or two.

IanB
04-27-2006, 07:20 AM

Bring :beer:

Rzeppa
04-27-2006, 08:35 AM
I guess its time for me to figure out where to stay. Just me, no dogs this time. Anyone have a spot to split? :bowdown:Daniel, I *supposedly* have an entire RV spot reserved in the committee row; as long as it's okay with Gena, you're welcome to share it with me.

Inukshuk
04-27-2006, 09:20 AM
That I can do, bring :beer: . :thumb:

Where :confused: shall I bring this beer? Any of those $5.00 per night plus parking spots open for Wed - Sun?

Uncle Ben
04-27-2006, 09:34 AM
That I can do, bring :beer: . :thumb:

Where :confused: shall I bring this beer? Any of those $5.00 per night plus parking spots open for Wed - Sun?

From what I understand that is in the group(ie) area of KOA. Thats where we plan on staying. Drop the :beer: off anywhere....lots of trained personel that will take care of it! :hill:

Inukshuk
04-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks! I'll plan on it. If I'm too excited to sleep I may roll in Tuesday night but most likely it will be Wednesday AM.

Should I bring any lights? Full sized gas grill?

Daniel

Uncle Ben
04-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Thanks! I'll plan on it. If I'm too excited to sleep I may roll in Tuesday night but most likely it will be Wednesday AM.

Should I bring any lights? Full sized gas grill?

Daniel

Just :beer: and expresso machine. :Princess: :thumb:

ginericLC
04-27-2006, 10:59 AM
I just made reservations there. If it was good enough for your motley crew it was good enough for us. We will arrive late Tuesday night. Until last night we had planned on roughing it. But going a couple of days without a hot water heater and showering in the garage with the camp shower made me think otherwise. Plus I don't have to drag water jugs and the shower etc... now. This must be fairly close to Spanish Trail?

Kipper
04-27-2006, 11:30 AM
It's very close to spanish trail. They should be able to hear us from there.

IanB
04-27-2006, 12:05 PM
It's very close to spanish trail. They should be able to hear us from there.

If they can't then we just haven't had enough :beer:

...and it just so happens I know a way to fix that! :hill: :bowdown: :beer: :flamingo: