PDA

View Full Version : Needles this Weekend

pmccumber
10-20-2009, 11:41 AM
A friend of mine and I will be leaving Thursday afternoon and driving back Monday. We will be camping at Squaw Flat. I'll have my Moonglow Pearl 80 with Rising Sun sticker in the back window. We'll do Elephant Hill almost certainly and maybe Salt Creek or Beef Basin or Lavender. One of those days will simply be hiking.

But, if anybody is down there and wants to join us, feel free.

Paul

bh4rnnr
10-28-2009, 06:07 PM
A friend of mine and I will be leaving Thursday afternoon and driving back Monday. We will be camping at Squaw Flat. I'll have my Moonglow Pearl 80 with Rising Sun sticker in the back window. We'll do Elephant Hill almost certainly and maybe Salt Creek or Beef Basin or Lavender. One of those days will simply be hiking.

But, if anybody is down there and wants to join us, feel free.

Paul

Keep an eye on weather if you go into Beef Basin. Most access points put you above 8kft, unless you plan on going in through Boby's Hole. Don't know how there fall/winter has been to date,

Corbet
10-28-2009, 10:05 PM
We have been getting snow here in Durango all day. When I checked the weather yesterday it looked like the storm tracked through Moab as well. Be prepared for some snow on the ground. Weekend is looking nice again however.

Enjoy, I wish I could buzz over quick to join you.