PDA

View Full Version : "Freeze Your Tail Off Overnighter" Utah: 19-20 Dec 2009

Mendocino
10-27-2009, 10:01 PM
December 19th-20th: Winter Solstice "Freeze Your Tail Off" Overnighter - December 19th-20th. We will be joining groups from ExpeditionUtah for a trip to the Lucin Sun Tunnels to celebrate the Winter Solstice. We'll plan on leaving SLC Friday evening, camping at the Sun Tunnels that evening and then waking up early in the morning to watch the sunrise through the Tunnels. Following the Solstice celebrations we will travel back towards SLC in the dirt, with optional exit points for those that need to return home earlier. Potential stops include the Lucin ghost town, the Transcontinental Railroad system, the Hogup, Newfoundland and Lakeside Mountains. Trail Difficulty: 3/10. More details as we get closer.

Anyone interested in making this journey with me to meet up with Kurt and Co? This is in NW Utah. I would expect we would leave Denver Late Thursday (12/17/09) or early Friday (12/18/09) morning and return the 21st. I will have a free hotel room on either end that I will be happy to share for at least on other person in another vehicle (the 217,000 miles worth of travel this year has some benefit:rolleyes:)

I will be in the 40.:eek:

cruiseroutfit
10-28-2009, 10:04 PM
It would be great to have you guys along! :cool:

The only caveat I have to mention... if there is cloud cover there is a good chance we will not be able to see the solctice proper. We'll camp regardless and if there is some serious interest from those coming into town I would be glad to arrange for a bit of an extended trip showing you around the area, LMK.

TIMZTOY
10-29-2009, 12:08 AM
I'd love to go. But shooooweeee. I'd have alot of prep to do. Recovery equip. Spare parts. New tires. Cruise controle. Lol jk Expendable cash

Mendocino
10-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Tim,

You need to add CB to your list.:D I would say HAM but I know you have a lot of things to get accomplished.;)

MDH33
11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
I might be up for this. Some winter camping sounds like fun. :) :beer:

Corbet
11-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Interested

Mendocino
11-23-2009, 08:18 AM
I am glad to see that there is some additional interest. I am not going now since the club holiday party is on the 19th and I am hosting it.:o

Have fun fellas!

Corbet
11-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Now that I see where the Sun Tunnels are I'm probably out. For some reason I just assumed the trip was to the swell somewhere. Need to look at work schedule and most of all approval from the boss:Princess:

MDH33
12-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Since I haven't sold the other rigs yet, I haven't been able to get any of the mods done to the Taco for this trip. :( won't be going I guess.