PDA

View Full Version : Snow and more snow!!

powderpig
10-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Well we have already gotten what they thought was the least amount of snow out of this storm. I measured 18 inch of accumulated snow so far. :eek:
We also lost power for 7 hrs last night(Excel said it was a fuze, man I wonder how many men/women it took to stand around while one guy changed the fuze moving at the speed of a glacier).
So how are others fairing?:D
Wonder how many inches we will get total?:confused:

sleeoffroad
10-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Already plowed twice today :D

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/forum_pics/snow_plow.jpg

MDH33
10-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Close to two feet up here in Evergreen. :beer:

Looks like you got a new plow truck, Christo. Very nice. I was going to ask if you were interested in my FJ60, but I guess you're covered. :thumb:

sleeoffroad
10-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Yup, upgraded from the 76 Suburban. However should have gone with a 100. They have heated seats and mirrors :D

Was looking at the 60, or 62, but this 80 ended up less money than I could have gotten a 60 or 62 for.

Mendocino
10-28-2009, 05:55 PM
We closed the office today around noon and sent everyone home. I made it to the house in time to get the 40 out and meet the kids at the school bus. we then did donuts and the kids gleefully flipped the ARB into and out of lock as I "swapped ends." Woohoo!:D

Uncle Ben
10-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Still plowing! Headed out again. Here at the house there is 22" on the kids trampoline! It's now getting cold so it's no longer reducing as I plow and I'm running out of places to put it. I would really be loving this if I could play in it rather than burn diesel, although burning diesel is putting money back into the depleted Toy (pun intended) fund. Somehow I don't think I'll be headed up Elk hunting Friday.....I'll be dealing with broken trees instead!

Jacket
10-28-2009, 06:08 PM
15" at our house. Kathy Sabine says 5-10 more inches around the city; a foot or more in the foothills. Get the fire going, make some comfort food, and grab a nice Stout.:drink:

rover67
10-28-2009, 06:12 PM
14 Inches in boulder as of just now. No plowing for us.

Allison took the 60 to work in golden, and I got to drive the 40 (who's wipers decided to quit working on the way to work :eek:) . I think we both had fun.

Beater
10-28-2009, 06:18 PM
I only got 8 inches

wesintl
10-28-2009, 06:31 PM
I only got 8 inches

:lmao::lmao: :eek::eek:

DaveInDenver
10-28-2009, 06:35 PM
i Only Got 8 Inches
Omg, Tmi!

MountainGoat
10-28-2009, 07:04 PM
I only got 8 inches

That's gonna go great with:

I have a small unit

In Kevin's sig line.

:lmao:

nuclearlemon
10-28-2009, 07:55 PM
I only got 8 inches

a true 8"s or a man's measurement?;)

Inukshuk
10-28-2009, 08:50 PM
True.

Caribou Sandstorm
10-28-2009, 08:58 PM
I think we are over 12 inches here at home..

I had to drive to CO Spgs today and after Castle Rock is was just wet roads no accumulation on the highway..

I do love driving my Fj in the snow...feels big and safe..

Saw you Dave heading west on Evans in front of the Safeway, I was headed east..

Cheeseman
10-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Got about 14" or so. Boy, Jill sure loves the 62 in the snow. My neighbor got home early and fired up his snowblower. All of them are the same except for his has the multi-directional cup holder custom mounted to hold a can of beer in a coozy. Just what the docter ordered.
________
Kitchen Measures (http://kitchenmeasures.com/)

DaveInDenver
10-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Saw you Dave heading west on Evans in front of the Safeway, I was headed east..
Missed ya. Whoops! Drive home was no where near as bad as I expected. Tomorrow morning, that will suck I think. Problem isn't that it's bad, it's that the roads are full of bad drivers just like me.

RockRunner
10-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Roxborough has 22" so far and still snowing although it has slowed down for now. Was driving down Wadsworth earlier tonight and with the wind the lanes were covered completely with about 4" of snow. slow going but only one car that was stuck on the side and that was from earlier judging by the orange tag.

Hoping for many more inches tonight so Sharon can stay home with me tomorrow in front of the fireplace.

jettaglxdriver
10-28-2009, 11:22 PM
I was on Quebec tonight at about 10pm about to turn onto I25 when people started braking harder than I expected and their ABS stops faster than my 60. I came close to totally a H3 (would have hit him at about 5mph I think that is all one of those could take). I did stop but my passenger rear was sticking out in the lane to my left. I just started to try and adjust and get back over when a Jeep Grand Cherokee went flying past me within inches.

It was my fault for not slowing down sooner but man was that a close one.

TIMZTOY
10-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Just about the same thing happened to me. I was headed home on north on 25 and I'm Doing 40mph inthe 40 :D i got er running. And some bit** was driving 5mph and cut me off. I had to lockthem up. The ass end slid sideways. And I'm stomping on the floor with my left foot flashin my lights at her. She did t even see me even while I'm 2" from her ass. Lights In her back window.

Some how stomping on the floor flashing my Highbeems dosesent quite have the same gradisfaction as a horn and highs from a stick.

Shark Bait
10-28-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm missing it all. Light rain here in Minneapolis. :D

jettaglxdriver
10-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Thats ok I'll take the snow.. ;)

jettaglxdriver
10-29-2009, 08:08 AM
DPS offices are closed. No work for me today. I have tomorrow scheduled to be off work for a Dental appt so I now have a 4 day weekend.

FJBRADY
10-29-2009, 09:24 AM
2' plus here in the ranch. All the shoveling I did yesterday, twice, you can't even notice. Fortunately the schools and work are closed so we can sit back and enjoy.....except for shoveling that is :(

Been here 8 years and have never seen snow this deep in Oct.. I am thinking about purchasing a snow blower, big snow blower, but my luck as soon as I do it won't snow like this for a long time :cheers:

MDH33
10-29-2009, 09:27 AM
It's hard to say how much we have up here in Evergreen as it's compacting on itself, but it's a lot. :o Glad I got the snowblower out and running on Monday just in case. I'm waiting until it stops so I only have to do it once.

farnhamstj
10-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Only about 2" fell in Vail, WTF? I was planning on skiping work to hit up Loveland or the Basin. Only reported 3". I can't ride my motorcycle, can't ski, can't even snowshoe we got so little snow here. Thermostat showed 4degrees this morning. Wish I was still in Cancun. Maybe I'll put the seat heaters on hi and just sit in my truck for a while today.

nakman
10-29-2009, 09:34 AM
It's hard to say how much we have up here in Evergreen as it's compacting on itself, but it's a lot. :o Glad I got the snowblower out and running on Monday just in case. I'm waiting until it stops so I only have to do it once.

Martin if you get out today drive over the hill and see of that Scout is running... I'm wondering if they either can't start it, or they did and it died on them, or maybe they drove it off the side of the driveway and are cursing its name at this very minute... in either case they'd probably pay you to take it away. :D

Of course, when I looked out the window this morning Michele said "aren't you glad we don't have to shovel all day?" and I immediately said "yeah but I miss the Scout..." :o

FJBRADY
10-29-2009, 09:37 AM
I had dream last night that I devised this aluminum scoop like thingy that I could drag behind the 40 on days like this to clear my drive way.

waggoner5
10-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Working on 40" here in Genesee. Kubota is working hard.

subzali
10-29-2009, 10:57 AM
16" at Arapahoe and I-25:

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/photopost/data/557/IMG_1144.jpg
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/photopost/data/557/IMG_1146.jpg
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/photopost/data/557/IMG_1147.jpg

Mendocino
10-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Here is a shot of my place this morning:
My weather station says about 42" (I'm not sure I believe this; i would believe 36"). We shoveled the driveway last night and there is another 10-12" on it this morning.

RedCreeper
10-29-2009, 01:52 PM
We have as of this morning from what Fritz told me 17in here in Firestone. My uncle texted me yesterday that he was in a wreck. He drives a tanker. this time he was haulin Helium. Was up north near Cheyenne and he avoided one wreck to have all heck break loose behind him. Threw him out of the sleeper. Here is a PIC he sent me. The green and white tanker i think is his. 21 trucks are still up there with only 6 wreckers in Cheyenne. HP tagged his truck as a survivor. Thank god he is ok. On a lighter side i have a new way to go bird hunting..... take the FJ down some of the dirt roads by the house and they burrow down in the ruts from vehichles. I went flying down it and birds started going in all directions. That was a different experience.

chtucker
10-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Holy Crap!

wesintl
10-29-2009, 10:03 PM
man, it's still snowing...

love the ptarmigan in the snow :guapo:

MDH33
10-29-2009, 10:50 PM
So I procrastinated clearing the snow from my rigs and driveway... The weight of the snow snapped off a windshield wiper on my 60 and turned a tiny bullseye into a giant crack... Then my snowblower ran out of gas and I didn't have any extra. By the time I got back from the gas station it was dark and the snow blower cooled enough to freeze solid... and my ice scraper broke trying to clear the windshield on the truck... :doh:

time to call it a night I guess. :drink:

EWheeler
10-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Wow, I am amazed at this. We have no snow up here in Edwards. It has been cold, and minor flurries here and there, but nothing like you Front Rangers are experiencing. I am jealous! (I don't have a driveway to shovel)

RockRunner
10-30-2009, 01:00 AM
So I procrastinated clearing the snow from my rigs and driveway... The weight of the snow snapped off a windshield wiper on my 60 and turned a tiny bullseye into a giant crack... Then my snowblower ran out of gas and I didn't have any extra. By the time I got back from the gas station it was dark and the snow blower cooled enough to freeze solid... and my ice scraper broke trying to clear the windshield on the truck... :doh:

time to call it a night I guess. :drink:

Sounds like you had a crappy night, here is one on me :drink: Stick the snow blower in the sun and or a warm place so it will melt and you can finish the sn ow blowing tomorrow;) Good luck:thumb:

You can always swing by and get mine but it needs gas:D

MDH33
10-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Sounds like you had a crappy night, here is one on me :drink: Stick the snow blower in the sun and or a warm place so it will melt and you can finish the sn ow blowing tomorrow;) Good luck:thumb:

You can always swing by and get mine but it needs gas:D

Thanks Tom. :) A beer or two sitting by the fire last night and I didn't feel so defeated.

TIMZTOY
10-30-2009, 11:03 AM
I had dream last night that I devised this aluminum scoop like thingy that I could drag behind the 40 on days like this to clear my drive way.

I'm pretty sure someone already invented somthing simmilar to that. I belive it's called a snow plow. But I'm not sure. And I think it mounts on the front not the back :D

seriouslly though. What would be the advantage of a rear mounted unit ?

FJBRADY
10-30-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm pretty sure someone already invented somthing simmilar to that. I belive it's called a snow plow. But I'm not sure. And I think it mounts on the front not the back :D

seriouslly though. What would be the advantage of a rear mounted unit ?

Those plow thingies....I have seen those. I don't want to install anything....my thought was to simply drag some sort of scoop the width of the truck and deposit the snow in the middle of the street or over into the middle of the cul-de-sac. This thing would have to be light enough to carry, two people, and strong enough to scoop a bunch of snow.

SteveH
10-30-2009, 01:30 PM
You're getting very close to describing a Yooper Scooper.

http://www.silverbear.biz/silverbearabout/snow_scoop_testimonials.html

You'd need a wider, 2-man edition!