PDA

View Full Version : so - mill guys...

Beater
11-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Anyone feel like making me a triple tree set?

need to retain my stem, and bore out .5" billet to my specs.

pm please

john

SROR/AKA 2BAD
11-03-2009, 09:02 AM
A What?

MDH33
11-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Anyone feel like making me a triple tree set?

need to retain my stem, and bore out .5" billet to my specs.

pm please

john

What did you end up getting John? CL360?

TIMZTOY
11-03-2009, 09:06 AM
I work with a guy who used to build and fab his own motorcycles. I'll talk to him today. I'll need some more specs !

Beater
11-03-2009, 11:19 AM
kz400 - has single disc, and I want to move to more modern dual disc. I will need to press out my old stem and fit to new, (I have no machine shop access) or create new triple to match my old geometry with a different bore for the tubes

I

Red_Chili
11-03-2009, 11:41 AM
It might be less pricey to scope out aftermarket tripleclamps. Mucho dinero either way.

I adapted Honda XR500 forks to a BMW R80 G/S by using the Honda clamps, and adapting at the stem, using press-fit/slip fit spacers. Used the Honda longer stem, then spacers/adapters, then the larger Beemer tapered roller steering head bearings. A chopper guy did the work. Did very well. I am sure he is not around any more. The trail wasn't quite right but the Beemer needed quicker steering anyway. Still handled well. Suspension went from blech to AWESOME because the forks had been 'massaged' prior. Spring rate was perfect, damping was excellent; the prior rider seems to have run an XL waist or something.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Adapting the brake parts was a trip. Got it working though.

So you *could* pick up the trees with the forks/wheel/brakes, and adapt it at the stem. Or just turn a new stem, to fit both the tree and head!

Beater
11-03-2009, 11:45 AM
So you *could* pick up the trees with the forks/wheel/brakes, and adapt it at the stem.

I can also just bore out my existing triples to 35mm and swap in a gold wing front in. At least it will be sprung firmer!!!! lol

just hard to find.