PDA

View Full Version : Axles & steering from 12/79 40

EWheeler
11-06-2009, 12:40 PM
I have a set of axles that came out from under my 12/79 40 (assuming 3.73 gears, have not checked). Front axle has 500 miles on new knuckle rebuild w/ Koyo bearings (borrowed Subzali's knuckle centering tool), new Koyo wheel bearings, Marlin HD axle seals, martacked the inner axle shafts (stock shafts & birfs), brand new Napa rotors (surface rust from weather) and FJ60 calipers w/ good pads. Rear has drums and I didn't do any maintenance to anything on the rear. Front is setup for spring under, rear has heavy duty spring over perches.

Also comes with all steering linkage including the center arm. 500 miles on new 555 tie rod ends and new tie-rod from Napa. Tie rod ends are a little rusty as I did not get around to shooting them with any paint. I have receipts from Cruiser Outfitters for knuckle rebuild kit and tie rod ends, also have receipts for tie-rod & rotor$. Axles do not come with any brake lines. Ask if you have any questions.

Firm at $500 right now, axles need to be picked up in Edwards or I could meet somewhere along I-70 for a fee. Pictures will follow tonight or in the morning, but they pretty much look like all the other 40 axles you have seen:D

Thanks,

Evan

girraffe
11-06-2009, 01:01 PM
as you know already dibbs on the front

EWheeler
11-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Matt,

As stated in my PM, I am looking to sell these as a pair at this time. I need them both gone. If you can find someone looking for a rear or just want to buy the pair and try to sell the rear that is possible. Otherwise, right now they will go to the first person with the money that takes the pair.

Evan

girraffe
11-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Any takers on the rear axle??

wesintl
11-09-2009, 03:18 PM
you should just take the pair. Your 62 has coarse spline rear shafts. Might as well be fine spline like the front... and who know's if your putting a diesel in there you may twist off the coarse splines anyway. You would want fine if you put in a rear locker. so....

EWheeler
11-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Axles are off the market pending sale to Girraffe. Timmbuck2 second in line if deal falls through. Thanks.

Evan