PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

jettaglxdriver
11-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't know how many gamers we got here but this game looks so amazing it might make a few out of non gamers.

I am glad I got my new PS3.

http://www.modernwarfare2.com/games.php#/videos?id=7

Mountain Drew
11-08-2009, 12:07 PM
OH YA! Two more days! I pre-ordered the prestige edition for 360 a while back.

jettaglxdriver
11-08-2009, 03:03 PM
sweet

theboomboom
11-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I've yet to pay $60 for a PC game, this one isn't gonna do it for me either unfortunately... maybe sometime when the price drops I'll pick it up.

hoisingp
11-08-2009, 11:10 PM
I got it about a week ago and have been playing pretty much non stop, its like crack my friends joke. It's I believe the best game out this year.

TIMZTOY
11-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Bowed you get it a week ago ? It not released till tommorw. Unless you work at the radio station or game stop

Mountain Drew
11-09-2009, 08:49 AM
The prestige edition comes with some night vision goggles, so we will see if they actually work or are more just for show.... but I will for sure be at Game Stop picking it up at midnight!

jettaglxdriver
11-09-2009, 10:35 AM
It says they are working goggles. I bet they do since that technology has gotten cheap. It won't be military quality though.

Tch2fly
11-09-2009, 10:35 AM
The prestige edition comes with some night vision goggles, so we will see if they actually work or are more just for show.... but I will for sure be at Game Stop picking it up at midnight!

You forgot the part about " .... after making sure all my homework is done" :D

FJBRADY
11-09-2009, 10:47 AM
You forgot the part about " .... after making sure all my homework is done" :D

:lmao:

I am going out on the limb here. I have played video games for years, remember pong, attari, ect. I find it as a release plain and simple. PS1, PS2, PS3 I have them all.

COD 4 modern warfare is the best online shooter game there is. I will be at Target 8am tomorrow morning to pick up a copy of COD 6 MW2 and yes I will be turning 43 next week. So I am a big kid. My ex-wife used to say she had 3 kids at home :hill:

Tch2fly
11-09-2009, 11:14 AM
:lmao:

I am going out on the limb here. I have played video games for years, remember pong, attari, ect. I find it as a release plain and simple. PS1, PS2, PS3 I have them all.

COD 4 modern warfare is the best online shooter game there is. I will be at Target 8am tomorrow morning to pick up a copy of COD 6 MW2 and yes I will be turning 43 next week. So I am a big kid. My ex-wife used to say she had 3 kids at home :hill:

for shear fun, nothing will ever match the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 ... NOTHING :D

jettaglxdriver
11-09-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't know the abilty to now customize your special abilities on kill streaks on this game will rock.

I think Desert Combat was one of the best ever as far as multiplayer. COD MW 1 was the best story mode I have ever played.

TIMZTOY
11-09-2009, 12:36 PM
COD MW 1 was the best story mode I have ever played.

Diddo, but "black" is still my favorite game so far and it for old xbox

corsair23
11-09-2009, 12:45 PM

My :Princess: still says that :hill: - I also find it to be a nice release just like playing Wii with the girls...I've been playing the Medal of Honor series since they first came out and play online against my friend from time to time using MSN Messenger to chat...Good relief of stress to pick him off with a sniper rifle and scare the bejeezers out of him :lmao:

Jacket
11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
My ex-wife used to say she had 3 kids at home :hill:

Hmmmm.....

FJBRADY
11-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Hmmmm.....

Sounds like you have heard that too

jettaglxdriver
11-09-2009, 01:23 PM
I could go on all day about the old desert combat. I used to love flying the mig in that game. I'd use my flight stick. I'd afterburn over a base to look for targets at high speed then go vertical and climb until the ground was no longer visible due to the haze, flip back over and start a vertical fall straight down on the base using the radar to line up on the middle while throwing hte jet into reverse. I'd fall down over the base so slow I could identify and fire at multiple targets in one pass and just lite the place use and as I got closer to the ground I just go full throttle and shoot away. Most AA gunners never knew to look straight up for me. Your exposure to AA was so limited doing that.

Tch2fly
11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Mountian Drew and I used to play online computer game a LOT:D (I was in a competitive league for a while) and the comment :Princess: always was made was "at least he isn't out a bar ... I know right where to find him" :hill:

Never been much of a console player but I recently got a Wii so at least I get some sort of exercise. ;)

hoisingp
11-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Bowed you get it a week ago ? It not released till tommorw. Unless you work at the radio station or game stop

Have a friend who works at Activison

Tch2fly
11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
I could go on all day about the old desert combat. I used to love flying the mig in that game. I'd use my flight stick. I'd afterburn over a base to look for targets at high speed then go vertical and climb until the ground was no longer visible due to the haze, flip back over and start a vertical fall straight down on the base using the radar to line up on the middle while throwing hte jet into reverse. I'd fall down over the base so slow I could identify and fire at multiple targets in one pass and just lite the place use and as I got closer to the ground I just go full throttle and shoot away. Most AA gunners never knew to look straight up for me. Your exposure to AA was so limited doing that.
Yeah .. lots of good stories from those days.:thumb:

You would have been good as long as I wasn't in the SA-3 :D

I prefer the Mirage ... the cannons packed a punch.

I still have all the files on disc but just recently removed them from the computer. I also stay in touch with some of the guys in my old clan, we moved on to BF2 and that was where we playing in Tournaments and Leagues but just wasn't the same for me. The quest for "realism" killed the game play IMO.

theboomboom
11-09-2009, 06:10 PM
for shear fun, nothing will ever match the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 ... NOTHING :D

The old man speaks the truth, I used to play DC all the time back in middle school...

TIMZTOY
11-09-2009, 06:24 PM
I've never herd of desert combat !!! I still play counter strike all the time in actually desent now. Lol.

Tch2fly
11-09-2009, 07:32 PM
I've never herd of desert combat !!! I still play counter strike all the time in actually desent now. Lol.

Can't find any of my videos but watch the Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nd4KqDt4Uc&feature=related) it will give you a taste. Pretty poor graphics by today's standards but not bad in their day. The gameplay was outstanding. Planes and helicopters were a blast to fly. Fun maps ... man I miss that game:(

jettaglxdriver
11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah it was awesome. I need to get my hands on MW2 tomorrow. I have wed off for Veterans day and cannot think of a better way to spend the day.

theboomboom
11-09-2009, 10:04 PM

1.6 or source?

TIMZTOY
11-09-2009, 10:34 PM
1.6 or source?

Both. Played 1.6 for years then up graded to source. I've got source now but prefer 1.6
my fav maps are dust2, dust. And office. And whatever server gives you Insant spawn and no money limit to guns and you pick your arseonal befor you spawn. And you can pick same as last. To save spawn time And have to type /guns to pick new guns

jettaglxdriver
11-09-2009, 11:34 PM
I never liked Cheater Strike and when it comes to PC FPS games I am not as bad as I am at console FPS.

Mountain Drew
11-10-2009, 12:49 AM
The Night Vision Goggles that come with MW2 actually work fairly well! Its pretty sweet!

jettaglxdriver
11-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Those coming out for the next night run?

Tch2fly
11-10-2009, 07:46 AM

Sorry man this is all I can think about when I hear somebody plays CS
;) Boom Headshot! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7xC-gBMY) NSFW - language
:lmao::lmao:

jettaglxdriver
11-10-2009, 08:22 AM
So How Is The Game?

TIMZTOY
11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Sorry man this is all I can think about when I hear somebody plays CS
;) Boom Headshot! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olm7xC-gBMY) NSFW - language
:lmao::lmao:

Freaking haliarious !!!!! :lmao:BOOM HEADSHOT. Lol

farnhamstj
11-10-2009, 02:11 PM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/57938/saturday-night-live-wii-guys

Mountain Drew
11-10-2009, 10:22 PM
YA! they will totally be on the next night run! The games is amazing top 10 of my life. It's a blast!

jettaglxdriver
11-10-2009, 11:06 PM
OMG Yes.

I just finished it in 7 hours 11 minutes.

If you ask me this experience is better than any movie I have seen this year. WOW

Hulk
11-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Um, New Super Mario Bros. comes out on the Wii this weekend. :o That is all.

Old40Dog
11-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Matt...What channel can I find that Mario bros thang this weekend...2,4,7 or 9? I can't get 6 or 12. We're still on antenna up here in the hills...:hill:

Hulk
11-11-2009, 12:16 AM
It's a video game for the Nintendo Wii. You'll have to buy it at the store. :)

jettaglxdriver
11-11-2009, 07:56 AM
I just now watched that video that is great.

He aint got nothing on this kid. NSFW I imagine if translated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0gG5_YkM9c

theboomboom
11-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Hehe, Modern Warefare 3-
http://kotaku.com/540128/the-onion-reveals-modern-warfare-3

Tim, if you're ever on steam anymore add me (theboombom)