PDA

View Full Version : '93 80 Series in SoCal

LARGEONE
11-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Does anyone know of a knowledgeable 80 series mechanic/owner in south Los Angelas? Near the south bay area (Manhattan Bch)? A good friend, and neighbor, of mine found a really nice truck out there, but wants to get it checked out before driving it back to Colorado. It appears super-clean, but that doesn't tell what's on the inside!!!

BTW...if he buys it, we're looking at another member.

Thanks.

TIMZTOY
11-10-2009, 12:12 AM
:woot::woot::woot:

buy it drive it back then check it out. Either way he'll love the truck. And would regret not buying it. Offer 500 less because ya don't know the condition of the motor.

LARGEONE
11-10-2009, 11:53 AM
I think he's gonna buy it either way, but he's a little apprehensive about driving it that distance immediately after buying it.

Mendocino
11-10-2009, 11:59 AM
I think he's gonna buy it either way, but he's a little apprehensive about driving it that distance immediately after buying it.

Sissy!:eek:

LARGEONE
11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
I think I'm gonna call him and explain a few things to look for. I mean...it is a land cruiser after all!!!

Mendocino
11-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I think I'm gonna call him and explain a few things to look for. I mean...it is a land cruiser after all!!!

Have him read the sections on buying an 80 at Slee.

corsair23
11-10-2009, 01:40 PM
I imagine someone with NorCal cruisers could dig up a name of someone that would be willing to check it out...I'm just not familiar with any of the names and I can't remember any of the names of the people I met on the Rubithon trip :doh: