PDA

View Full Version : Thursday night net

nakman
11-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Anyone ever catch the weekly net on the Colorado Connection? 8:00 pm

I have heard a few in the past, even checked in a couple times. But I've never heard any of you other dorkisis.. http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/smileys/tinfoilhat1.gif

jacdaw
11-12-2009, 09:13 PM
I catch the BCARES net on Mondays at 20:00 sometimes. That's a hard one for me to remember. What's the COConn net like, Tim? Are there topics or questions? Is it directed or round robin?

nakman
11-12-2009, 09:24 PM
It's usually a discussion of the repeater net in general, like which ones are working, which aren't. then there's a general call-in by repeater, they usually have a question you can answer, that's about it. Another excuse to transmit if you needed one.

corsair23
11-12-2009, 09:37 PM
...never heard any of you other dorkisis.. http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/smileys/tinfoilhat1.gif

Is it "dorkisis" or "dorki" :confused: :hill:

But nope...I've never checked in and rarely remember the Monday night thing either :o

MDH33
11-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Funny you should bring this up. I was working in the garage tonight getting ready for the AZ/UT road trip and I turned on the ham. I was listening to CCR Denver and the RS simplex. The Denver CCR was really busy and I was wondering what was up. Sounded "formal" almost. I almost threw my call sign out there, but my geek speak is not worthy yet. :o

nakman
11-13-2009, 10:30 AM
If I'd a known you were on simplex I would have talked to ya, I'll shout out next time I'm in the basement monitoring...

BTW that mega huge group 31 battery seems to be doing quite well, I've monitored for about 6 hours now and I'm still showing 12.7 when I flip on the battery. At this rate I suspect I can go all winter before I need to figure out how to charge this thing... :hill:

jacdaw
11-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Get a Battery Tender from Batteries Plus or wherever. I've tried junk brands before. Never again. The motorcycle loves it. They have a $30 version that's fully intelligent - just plug it in when not transmitting.