PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Club Holiday Party

Mendocino
11-14-2009, 11:28 PM
2009 Rising Sun Holiday Party
Saturday, Dec. 19 3:00 p.m. - 8 p.m. or later
This is a family event, so bring your whole family.

All are invited: if you've been to a meeting or a trail run this year, feel free to show up. You need not be a member.

Dress code: Dress is casual.

Food: We usually do a potluck, with the club buying the main course. Most likely the main course will be BBQ (it was a crowd pleaser in 2008) , Post up what you'll bring and if your coming and how many so we can get a count for the BBQ!

Sides: We currently have commitments to bring: potato salad and slaw; green beans; yam casserole; baked beans; cookies; pasta salad; rolls and cranberry relish; 4-speed tranny:); beer cheese dip; "Mexican style concoction"; peanut-free dessert; chips; two pumpkin pies; an apple pie; cookies and beer; green salad; "special salad";

Needed sides: We are good here.

I have two large coolers for drinks.

Gift Exchange: Bring a wrapped gift. Value of gift should be no more than $15. If you bring a gift, you'll get a gift. If you don't, you won't. As in the past we will do a White Elephant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant_gift_exchange) gift exchange.

Current attendees:

Forum Name Name Wife
Mendocino
TimzToy Tim Wife
Hulk Matt Karie
80lolux4x4 John Wife
Bh4rnnr Perry
SRT08Bus (regrets)
Squishy Justin Wife
Romer Ken Bonni
Largeone Paul Cary
Bruiser Justin Wife
Old40Dog Dave Idelle
Lars
Squishy Justin Ashley
Rezarf Drew Stacy (regrets)
AxleIke Issac
Hants Hants Caroline
Air Randy Randy Dee
Mtn Goat Dan Jolene
Nakman Tim Michelle
Red Creeper Kenny Lynnette
Red Chili Bill
Corsair23 Jeff Heather
DaveinDenver Dave Kirsten
Jacket Matt Becky
Inukshuk Daniel
Convert Dan
bvb
Nakman Tim Michelle
Cbone Carlton Christa

My apologies for those of you I don't have first names for:o

As of 18 Dec we have 51 adults and 18 kids.:)

Romer
11-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks Jeff for volunteering

TIMZTOY
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
:woot::woot::happyhour: I'm in. And I should problly include the wife.:lmao::gaah::lmao:

Mendocino
11-15-2009, 09:28 PM
:woot::woot::happyhour: I'm in. And I should problly include the wife.:lmao::gaah::lmao:

Cool Tim! I am glad you are going to bring the wife; we were starting to wonder if she was going to make it out here.:rolleyes::thumb: You guys are always welcome here.:cheers:

TIMZTOY
11-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Yea she's only here till Thursday then she's stealing my daily driver taco and going back to key west to tow up the 240sx and dog and some box's. Leaving me to fend for myself in my extreamlly UN reliable Gas guzzling 40. To get back and forth to work for a week or two. :gaah:

Hulk
11-16-2009, 10:20 AM
We'll bring the kids. Charlie will be excited to hang out with Jake again!

jettaglxdriver
11-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Yea she's only here till Thursday then she's stealing my daily driver taco and going back to key west to tow up the 240sx and dog and some box's. Leaving me to fend for myself in my extreamlly UN reliable Gas guzzling 40. To get back and forth to work for a week or two. :gaah:

Sounds like you need to get the water pump back in it. LOL

jacdaw
11-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Jeff, I'll be there with the :Princess: and we'll bring drinks. Do you have a plastic tub for icing cans/bottles or should I bring something for that?:drink:

Mendocino
11-16-2009, 03:51 PM
John,

We will have something. Depending on the number of attendees we may need additional capacity. As we get closer I will post up what we need.
:cheers:

Jeff, I'll be there with the :Princess: and we'll bring drinks. Do you have a plastic tub for icing cans/bottles or should I bring something for that?:drink:

bh4rnnr
11-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Gonna put this on the calendar, thanks for hosting this Jeff:cool::beer2:

SRT08BUS
11-16-2009, 06:56 PM
I would love to bring a batch of my ladies sour cream cookies, trust me

jacdaw
11-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Man, if someone would just invent some sort of portable fridge...I didn't take you for a mall-rated partier, Dave.:rolleyes:

Uncle Ben
11-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Ha! I'm pretty sure I would drive a Chevy LUV running on 3 cylinders if it had a WilderNest and an Engel.

Hmmmmm.....thats a shot as you wont drive a 80 with a RTT and fridge... :brick:

rover67
11-17-2009, 09:36 AM
I'll be leaving for my annual trek cross country in the 60 the night before. Ya'll have fun.. I know you will....

Thanks Jeff for putting it together!

:beer::beer:

Squishy!
11-17-2009, 09:42 AM
The wife and I would love to come hang! Thanks Jeff! Looking forward to it! :cheers:

ElliottB
11-17-2009, 10:43 AM
I'll be leaving for my annual trek cross country in the 60 the night before. Ya'll have fun.. I know you will....

Going back to TN? Have fun, I was there last week... not much has changed. :D

Romer
11-17-2009, 08:06 PM
The wife and I would love to come hang! Thanks Jeff! Looking forward to it! :cheers:

Yah , before it was Ashley and I, now I am hearing, "the wife and I"

Bonni and I will be there. Not sue what the wife is making :D Dooh, Not sure what my lovely bride of 23 years has in mind.

Mendocino
11-17-2009, 11:00 PM

Have a good time Marco. I;m sorry we will miss you, Allison and Mead.

rover67
11-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Going back to TN? Have fun, I was there last week... not much has changed. :D

Yep, headed back to big orange.

Being there is nice, but spending 32 hours in the 60 going there and back is even better :D

We get to know one another better on those trips.

rover67
11-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Have a good time Marco. I;m sorry we will miss you, Allison and Mead.

Just read Allison the post and she smiled, thanks! We'll miss all the folks in the club!

LARGEONE
11-17-2009, 11:44 PM
I guess this in my opportunity to attend the holiday event in my neighborhood?!!! Thanks, Jeff...Cary and I will be there. And if things get really crazy, we'll just walk home!!!

Mendocino
11-18-2009, 01:19 PM
I guess this in my opportunity to attend the holiday event in my neighborhood?!!! Thanks, Jeff...Cary and I will be there. And if things get really crazy, we'll just walk home!!!

Great Paul. We're glad you and Cary can make it.:)

Bruiser
11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
My wife and I are in. I did not see too many posts on what people are bringing so we will just volunteer pasta salad of some sort.

Justin

Old40Dog
11-18-2009, 09:49 PM
If you're planning on BBQ, just wanna know if it's beef or pork? Want to bring a side dish to compliment:D

Besides, we're partial to PIG around here! Planning on Idelle, Zach and myself to be there!

Mendocino
11-18-2009, 10:19 PM
If you're planning on BBQ, just wanna know if it's beef or pork? Want to bring a side dish to compliment:D

Besides, we're partial to PIG around here! Planning on Idelle, Zach and myself to be there!

Dave,

I think we will have a mix of beef, pork and chicken. When we get a little closer and have some general idea of head count I will post the menu items, who is coming and what they are bringing in Post #1 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=126113&postcount=1).
Jeff

Lars
11-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Definantly be there.

Squishy!
11-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Yah , before it was Ashley and I, now I am hearing, "the wife and I"

Bonni and I will be there. Not sue what the wife is making :D Dooh, Not sure what my lovely bride of 23 years has in mind.

Ya It's a little too easy to fall in to. :rolleyes:

When we get a little closer and have some general idea of head count I will post the menu items, who is coming and what they are bringing in Post #1 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=126113&postcount=1).
Jeff

The Wife... I mean Ashley and I will bring some of her AWESOME rolls and Cranberry relish... mmmm... Gonna go eat a bunch right now! :drool: :thumb:

Rezarf
11-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Gonna talk it over with Stacy, but I bet we are a go... or me at least! :D

Mendocino
11-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Excellent!:thumb:

AxleIke
11-30-2009, 12:06 PM
I will likely make it alone.

Hants
11-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Caroline & I will be there. The kidlettes are a maybe.

TIMZTOY
11-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Let me know what type of side ye'all like so I can have the wife start thinking about it. I've also got a huge cooler we can bring

Air Randy
11-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Dee and I are planning on coming. Maybe the side dish I'll bring is a 4 spd tranny!

MountainGoat
11-30-2009, 08:26 PM
We will be coming. Might be a bit late depending on when the kid's dance recital ends. It'll be me :homer:, my wife JoLene :Princess: and our daughter (3 1/2) Jaeden :cheer:.

We will be bringing beer cheese dip. Oh yeah.

SRT08BUS
11-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Would this help at all? ......It'll be just me.

Mendocino
11-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Would this help at all? ......It'll be just me.

Thanks for offer! I think we will be fine without it.:)

Mendocino
12-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Dee and I are planning on coming. Maybe the side dish I'll bring is a 4 spd tranny!

Glad you guys can make it. I really like your side dish creativity.:D

Mendocino
12-05-2009, 05:48 PM
BTT-Please post up if you plan on attending.:)

Red_Chili
12-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I will take the second listing of Squishy Justin and Ashley!!

No idea if I will be solo or with wife. Well duh. Just me, you lucky devils!

I might work up a Mexican-style concoction.

SRT08BUS
12-05-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm still a go, and got some really good sour cream cookies, but I will most likely have to cut out early so please don't count me for food. Plus I have a jacked up diet so my options for eating are few.

Mendocino
12-05-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm still a go, and got some really good sour cream cookies, but I will most likely have to cut out early so please don't count me for food. Plus I have a jacked up diet so my options for eating are few.

Roger roger.:thumb:

corsair23
12-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Jeff,

The family (4 of us) should be there :thumb: - We'll probably bring a "peanut free" desert of some sort :)

Bruiser
12-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Just to update the list at the front, it will be me and my wife Kari.

Justin

Mendocino
12-06-2009, 07:21 PM
As of this evening we have about 40 confirmed adults and 13 kids. This should be quite a party.:D

I will endeavor to have the main dish sorted by Wednesday and make some recommendations for sides. This was we will have things reasonably coordinated.

More to follow...:)

Jacket
12-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Hey Jeff - thanks for putting all the work into this, and giving up your house for the event. Becky and I should be able to attend, probably with kids, but maybe not.

Inukshuk
12-07-2009, 01:42 PM
BTT-Please post up if you plan on attending.:)

I'm in. It will be best if whatever I bring is off-the-shelf from the store!

(I did pick up a really cool gift for the exchange too....)

SRT08BUS
12-08-2009, 10:49 AM
It look's like a no go, or a very late start, for me and the holiday party:( I'd still be willing to send the cookies if some one from the Evergreen or JeffCo area wouldn't mind taking them down for me. I could have them done and meet anywhere by Sunday and would be very thankful:bowdown: I wish I could go and meet everyone, and I hope everyone has a good time!

RedCreeper
12-13-2009, 04:24 PM
We are planning to attend. 2 adults 1 child.

Is there a limit on the gift exchange? are we doing anything for the kids? Like a gift exchange for them?

will be bringing old fashioned green beans.

Mendocino
12-13-2009, 04:32 PM
The gift exchange will be only for adults that bring a gift. The gifts should generally have a value of not more than $15 and ideally have a Toyota 4x4 theme. In Post 1 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=126113&postcount=1) I added a link to the Wikipedia White Elephant gift exchange. The green beans sound great. I will post up more direction on sides and desserts by Monday night.

Ann (:Princess:) and I will make a potato salad. slaw to go with the club provided BBQ (chicken and pork). We will also provide drinks for the kids.

HotLips
12-14-2009, 11:29 PM
We're planning on attending. 2 adults (possibly 3) and 3 children. We'll bring a dessert and a side dish. Please let me know what you recommend for a side dish. I make some really yummy baked beans and also a yam casserole. We have a prior commitment so we'll be arriving between 4 and 5pm. :cheers:

Caroline and Hants White

DaveInDenver
12-15-2009, 06:27 AM
BTW, I will give him a call today, but you might assume Dean and Natalie for the food count.

Mendocino
12-15-2009, 02:58 PM
We're planning on attending. 2 adults (possibly 3) and 3 children. We'll bring a dessert and a side dish. Please let me know what you recommend for a side dish. I make some really yummy baked beans and also a yam casserole. We have a prior commitment so we'll be arriving between 4 and 5pm. :cheers:

Caroline and Hants White

Caroline, the beans and Yam casserole sounds great!

Convert
12-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Looks like dad and I will swing by for a few.

Mendocino
12-15-2009, 05:57 PM
I have updated Post #1 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=126113&postcount=1) with the items that people have committed to bring and some suggestions on what is still needed. Please take a look and post up what you will bring.

RedCreeper
12-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Sorry i did not post up names, it will be me, my wife Lynnette and our daughter Alexis.

I see there is a tranny involved do we need shop rags for napkins? hehe

bvb
12-15-2009, 07:31 PM
I'll be there for a short visit early. Have some commitments a little later. :beer:

Bruiser
12-15-2009, 08:17 PM
SRT08BUS (sorry I forgot your first name:confused:), I work in Evergreen (across from Elk Meadows in Bergen Park) and live in Golden if you want me to take the sour cream cookies for you. Just shoot me a PM.

SRT08BUS
12-15-2009, 08:37 PM
SRT08BUS (sorry I forgot your first name:confused:), I work in Evergreen (across from Elk Meadows in Bergen Park) and live in Golden if you want me to take the sour cream cookies for you. Just shoot me a PM.

For some reason I was thinking it was tonight, and that it was weird that there were so many people online a hour ago that where planning on going. The Chef has left and will not be back in time and she will never give out the directions, I've tried. I would still try and make it but feel it would not be fare 2 my dogs, but thank you very much for the offer!

Old40Dog
12-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Jeff,

We'll bring some chips! :drumsticks:

We we're in an auto accident this weekend (not too serious) and Idelle is not up to her usual ("chef") self. So put us down for some plain and flavored potato chips.

Zach will be with us too and we're planning on bringin' the Pig. :) Yes, that's with a capital "P"!:lmao:

Happy Chanukah! Merry Christmas! Joyous Kwanzaa! To All! :cheers:

I have updated Post #1 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=126113&postcount=1) with the items that people have committed to bring and some suggestions on what is still needed. Please take a look and post up what you will bring.

Mendocino
12-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Jeff,

We'll bring some chips! :drumsticks:

We we're in an auto accident this weekend (not too serious) and Idelle is not up to her usual ("chef") self. So put us down for some plain and flavored potato chips.

Zach will be with us too and we're planning on bringin' the Pig. :) Yes, that's with a capital "P"!:lmao:

Happy Chanukah! Merry Christmas! Joyous Kwanzaa! To All! :cheers:

Thanks Dave, I'll put you down for chips.

nakman
12-15-2009, 11:02 PM
we're planning on being there, and will help out the dessert table.

bh4rnnr
12-16-2009, 09:21 AM
So any of you mid or south siders have a open seat for this single dude to and fro the x-mas party? Have yet to get those darn tags:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TIA:beer::beer:

TIMZTOY
12-16-2009, 10:24 PM
the wife said that shes is going to make 2 pumpkin pie's.. anda apple pie..

Hulk
12-17-2009, 12:30 AM
We'll be bringing a bunch of cookies and beer. Mmmm. Cookies and beer.

Romer
12-17-2009, 09:41 AM
We will bring a green salad. Not sure if we are 2,3 or 4. Grown daughters said they will decide on Saturday. Not like I can pick them up and toss them in the car anymore

SRT08BUS
12-17-2009, 12:11 PM
We will bring a green salad. Not sure if we are 2,3 or 4. Grown daughters said they will decide on Saturday. Not like I can pick them up and toss them in the car anymore

no, but in situations like this is where my parents used the good old guilt trip. One way or another, me not wanting them to be mad and/or me not wanting to deal with them being mad (there is a difference), I would end up going, doing or helping with whatever. No regrets except for the home and garden shows and looking at house when we had no plans to move.

Red_Chili
12-17-2009, 12:48 PM
You are/were much more malleable than my boys!!
There would always be heck to pay if I tried. Not necessarily from them...
:lmao:

Romer
12-17-2009, 12:59 PM
no, but in situations like this is where my parents used the good old guilt trip. One way or another, me not wanting them to be mad and/or me not wanting to deal with them being mad (there is a difference), I would end up going, doing or helping with whatever. No regrets except for the home and garden shows and looking at house when we had no plans to move.

we are already doing the guilt trip for a family get together on Sunday. I wouldn't use a guilt trip on a club party. I don't care one way or the other if they come. They are both adults and wheeling members of the club.

Mendocino
12-17-2009, 01:26 PM
As of today we have 49 adults and 17 kids planning to attend.:) I have updated the list in Post #1.

MDH33
12-17-2009, 01:45 PM
As of today we have 49 adults and 17 kids planning to attend.:) I have updated the list in Post #1.

Wow, that's going to be a party. :eek: :D :party:

I don't think my house could hold that many people elbow to elbow. Have fun :thumb: :beer:

Convert
12-17-2009, 01:59 PM

Make it 50 Jack(Dad) will be in town and is excited to see the guys from the Rubicon trip

Mendocino
12-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Make it 50 Jack(Dad) will be in town and is excited to see the guys from the Rubicon trip

Dad is already in the count Dan. If you have pictures on a thumb drive please bring them. We can run this on the TV in slide show mode.

Inukshuk
12-17-2009, 09:26 PM
So any of you mid or south siders have a open seat for this single dude to and fro the x-mas party? Have yet to get those darn tags:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TIA:beer::beer:

You can be my designated driver! Ha, ha. But seriously, I should be able to get you.

bh4rnnr
12-17-2009, 09:49 PM
You can be my designated driver! Ha, ha. But seriously, I should be able to get you.

Thanks for the offer on the ride:cool:

CBone
12-17-2009, 09:56 PM
hi Jeff, the Bonilla's will be coming. Me, Christa and little Madeline--we'll be part of the earlier crew. Thanks for hosting and looking forward to it.

LARGEONE
12-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Cary and I will probably get there closer to 5 and plan to bring a large "special" salid. It is usually a big hit, due to the carmelized almond shavings on top. What a party!

Mendocino
12-18-2009, 11:59 AM
hi Jeff, the Bonilla's will be coming. Me, Christa and little Madeline--we'll be part of the earlier crew. Thanks for hosting and looking forward to it.

Great Carlton!

Cary and I will probably get there closer to 5 and plan to bring a large "special" salid. It is usually a big hit, due to the carmelized almond shavings on top. What a party!

Great Paul; bring your walking shoes.:cool:

The count is now 51 adults and 18 kids.:eek:

Caribou Sandstorm
12-18-2009, 12:30 PM
We will try to make it but our neighborhood sleigh ride and Santa night was bumped from the arctic weekend we had to this Saturday night. So we start out at Observatory Park and then hopefully will venture up your way.

Mendocino
12-18-2009, 12:39 PM
We will try to make it but our neighborhood sleigh ride and Santa night was bumped from the arctic weekend we had to this Saturday night. So we start out at Observatory Park and then hopefully will venture up your way.

We hope you and yours can make it Chris.:thumb:

RedCreeper
12-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Mendocino, I wont let LyNNette see how you spelled her name. hehe

Mendocino
12-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Mendocino, I wont let LyNNette see how you spelled her name. hehe

Watcha talkin' 'bout "Wallace?": it looks like it is spelled properly here (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=126113&postcount=1).:cool:

Mendocino
12-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Today is the day! BBQ is cooking and preparations are being completed. We'll see you all soon.:)

bigbluefj
12-19-2009, 12:10 PM
I hope everyone has a good time, wish i was there ...

Kevin

Rock Dog
12-19-2009, 12:10 PM
I was just paroled from the pager, so i may try to stop by for the gift exchange!! Also want to see Converts Dad again. He was a hoot on the Rubicon!

Mendocino
12-19-2009, 12:19 PM
I was just paroled from the pager, so i may try to stop by for the gift exchange!! Also want to see Converts Dad again. He was a hoot on the Rubicon!

My intention is to do the gift exchange about 6 pm.

SRT08BUS
12-19-2009, 02:28 PM
I hope everyone has fun, and please play safely!...And I hope someone gets a TOY congested street shot!:photo:

Squishy!
12-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Sorry we missed it. Ashley ended up not feeling well so we stayed home. :( :bawl: oh well.

Hope y'all had fun!

Rock Dog
12-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Sorry Gents, parol was revoked... gotta go do some DATA fire fighting... will still drop by if finished before 6:30 .....

jacdaw
12-19-2009, 10:15 PM
That was a great party Jeff! Thanks for hosting us. Happy holiday everyone...:cheers: