PDA

View Full Version : Important! (Warning, YOUR trail access may be affected!)

subzali
11-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Read this!

http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=126726&postcount=6

I need people more familiar than me with the following trails:
-Yankee Hill
-Red Elephant Hill
-Bill Moore Lake
-Saxon Mtn./Lamartine
-Kingston Peak
-Jones Pass

Please look at the MVUM map (linked in that post) and make your comments before Monday, Nov. 30! It will only take a 1/2 hour maximum, and you may save yourself from getting a ticket later because a trail that will be legally "closed" by this map may be kept open with your comments!

Thanks! :cheers:

Red_Chili
11-20-2009, 12:55 PM
-Yankee Hill
looks to be there
-Red Elephant Hill
looks to be MISSING! Not sure about exact placement though. Anyone?
-Bill Moore Lake
Looks good, I did not know it bordered on the James Peak Wilderness for such a length though! That may be new?
-Saxon Mtn./Lamartine
Looks to be there. In fact, same numbering as Spring Creek, and much of them on private land. Hmmm.
-Kingston Peak
Looks correct.
-Jones Pass
Seems accurate but all the spurs are gone. Nakman may know.

subzali
11-20-2009, 01:38 PM
REH looks to be there from my eye. Also Brant mentioned it last night and pointed at it, so look again.

Jones Pass - it only shows one road up, and I think there are two and some spurs like you said...thanks for looking Bill! :bill::thumb:

DaveInDenver
11-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Jones Pass - it only shows one road up, and I think there are two and some spurs like you said...thanks for looking Bill!
A year or two ago the spur that heads south towards Butler Gulch got a gate didn't it? Jones Pass is a contentious area IMO more because of winter motorized traffic. Seems to attract more than it's fair share of the jackass-type snowmobiles operators whenever I'm back there. The Henderson Mine people one winter stopped plowing the short road up from their driveway to the parking lot at the TH because of this, IIRC.

rover67
11-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow, thanks for heading up there and doing this!!!

I looked at the roads between Ned and Jenny creek. I have driven all around there and they look to be there, as a matter of fact it's the first map I saw that has them laid out nicely. I probably just didn't have a good map.

nakman
11-20-2009, 03:18 PM
I'll look at Jones closer this weekend. But yes all the fun spurs of Spooky Night Runs of yesteryear are now closed, it's down to just one main road now from just a few years ago. Butler Gulch has been closed to motorized vehicles for at least 10 years, I've never known it to be open to vehicles in my experience and it's written up in all the snowshoe books as such.

corsair23
11-20-2009, 03:21 PM
:thumb:

Great job Matt!

I've only been on Kingston Peak and like Bill says it looks good. Funny, I was completely off on where I thought Bill Moore Lake was though :doh: - for some reason I thought it was up the Jones pass road :confused: - Good thing you guys lead trail runs and not me :hill:

SRT08BUS
11-20-2009, 03:45 PM
what about Barbour Fork...anything said about that?

SRT08BUS
11-20-2009, 03:50 PM
and , sorry my brain takes awhile too remember, what about Old Squaw Pass Trail and it's small little trails hook to it and Devils Canyon.

subzali
11-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Barbour Fork was on there and looked correct to me...

Devil's Canyon was on there, not sure about any connections from Old Squaw Pass? Hopefully the guys from Front Range 4x4 are looking at this, these two roads are their Adopt-a-Roads with CCRD...

Jacket
11-20-2009, 04:18 PM
I think REH is 171.3a, which exits I70 just east of the US40/Empire turnoff on the map. Looks good to me. That other loop marked as 171.1 (can't recall the name) up at the top of REH is also shown as open on the map.