PDA

View Full Version : Castle Gulch Bridge

subzali
11-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Fyi

hi Everyone!

Since We’re Not Having A Meeting Until January, I Wanted To Fill You In On Something That Has Just Come Up That We Would Have Talked About. One Of Our Employees In The Abandon Mines Program Has Noticed That The Wooden Bridge Crossing In Castle Gulch Is No Longer Safe. We Are Closing The Bridge For Now And Will Come Up With An Interim Plan As Soon As Everyone Is Back From Thanksgiving Break. Hopefully The Engineers Can Get To It Quickly. If Not, We’ll Hopefully Have A Plan Next Week That Will Still Provide Access In The Meantime.

Vernon – This Isn’t That Far From Your Property – So If You Have Any Questions – Give A Holler.

Thanks And I Hope Everyone Has A Terrific Thanksgiving.

Cat Luna
Rec. Planner
Boulder Ranger District
2140 Yarmouth Ave.
Boulder, Co 80301
303-541-2508
cluna@fs.fed.us

RockRunner
11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Matt, forgive my ignorance but what area or trail system does this affect? Is there a way for us to help? Would be a cool project to rebuild the old bridge.

subzali
11-24-2009, 11:57 AM
It's Castle Gulch, which is a trail off of Left Hand Canyon. IIRC it's a little above the Carnage part of LHC. Boulder Ranger District. AFAIK there's only one way in and one way out of that particular trail, so the bridge being closed keeps everybody off of the upper section of the trail. I think. I've only been there once, almost 5 years ago.