PDA

View Full Version : FJ62 Blower/Heater not working

mattskiboo
12-01-2009, 05:51 PM
So crazy thing, one minute the fan is working fine, the next, just like a sound but no air. Seems like it might be stuck but the problem im facing is I cant figure out without tearing the car apart, where the blower is. Can anyone give me a clue.. Im sure once i know where and what screws, I can get it, other than that, im lost. Please let me know asap. Going to try to work on it tonight.

60wag
12-01-2009, 06:06 PM
On FJ60s there was a circuit breaker for the blower motor. It was mounted near the fuse panel to the left of the steering column. It is a small round device with a hole in it. To reset the breaker, you have to stick a nail in the hole. You might see if you have something similar. If you can reset it and it continues to pop, you might want to pull the blower motor for a clean and lube.

The blower motor can be pulled from inside at the pass side footwell - 3 bolts if I remember correctly.

rover67
12-01-2009, 06:16 PM
brushes in the blower motor might be worn also. mine gave up the ghost last year when we were halfway across kansas in a blizzard. I got a replacement at autozone.

but yeah, like bruce says, pass. side footwell.