PDA

View Full Version : Carnage Canyon (Boulder) Saturday April 7th.

Rezarf
04-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Howdy folks,

I am running Carnage with a few guys from Yota Tech as a shake down run from my winter mods, before going out to CM06.

Anyone who would like is welcome to run. 2 4runners and my 40 so far, just for a casual fun on the rocks.

We are meeting at 10:30am at the Starbucks at 30th and Arapahoe in Boulder. We will roll on channel 4 on the CB. The trail should last about a half day or so.

I am a newbie to rocks, so this should be quite the baptism by fire. :eek: But I am itching to push my newly installed PS.

Let me know if you want to come out.

Drew

Red_Chili
04-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Hey Drew, yeah, that would be quite the intro to rocks. Spring Creek would be another! I would join you but I will be at the Nat'l Western complex for the OHV show.

2badfjs
04-07-2006, 05:02 PM
sounds good but got plans

pssssssst drew.......saturday is the 8th :D

Rezarf
04-07-2006, 08:07 PM
sounds good but got plans

pssssssst drew.......saturday is the 8th :D

Jim... someone stole a whole day from me somewhere!

Drew

IanB
04-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Jim... someone stole a whole day from me somewhere!

Drew

Kevin did it! :D :lmao: :bowdown: :beer: :hill: :flamingo:

bh4rnnr
04-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Kevin did it! :D :lmao: :bowdown: :beer: :hill: :flamingo:

One of his "Bad Habits" :hill: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

bustanutley
04-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Were you guys up there drew? My buddy and I ran carnage on sat, but I guess we ran it in like half an hour. My buddy broke his d44 haha d44 + 40s = :boom: Then broke his steering getting it back on the trailer.

And oh, cruiser walks gardian now that I take the right line :yeahdude:

Rezarf
04-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah, we went up there on Saturday we were aired down and moving by around 10:45am.

Honestly, I had a blast! I was like this most of the time :eek: :Princess: :eek: but all in all I made it. I was the only one of 5 total rigs to escape without damage. I had a great spotter and my 40 really out shined me!

My first trail with some real rocks and it was a LOT of fun, but I still think I prefer to see some nice views and scenery instead of just banging into rocks all day long.

I can see why sliders are such a good idea now... no damage but I had to watch it... A LOT!

Here is a few...

Rezarf
04-10-2006, 11:12 PM
My girlfriend also got some great video of our trip... especially when you are almost at the top and you have that set of HUGE rocks and you need to make a hard right and then an immediate left to slide through, do you know where I am talking about? We got some fun footage of that area and my short wheelbase 40 just walked through.

The other trucks:

One broken slider (4runner)
One dented and creased 1/4 panel (Taco)
One smoked clutch (Taco)
One broken washer bottle pump (smashed it on a rock)... each a different truck.

Guess I got lucky.

Drew

bustanutley
04-11-2006, 07:50 AM
yeah you are talking about the waterfall, I normally go right there, somtimes I make it, others I don't. Didn't make it on sat, destroyed my parking break instead, got to make a skid.

me giving the devil horns

http://home.comcast.net/~utleyz/devilhorns.JPG

Macks ride

http://home.comcast.net/~utleyz/macksride.JPG

JadeRunner
04-11-2006, 09:42 AM
So Ric broke his slider? I understand he was leading the run.

Ric
04-11-2006, 06:51 PM
So Ric broke his slider? I understand he was leading the run.
nope, on saturday, i did snap the washer fliud, bumped a rock and the thing just poured water like crazy, lol. oh, no i didnt lead on saturday.
Then on Sunday, a rock did remove my fender flare on the drivers side. that trail would be a blast if it was always packed, lol
heres about the only pic of the fender flare i got.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/Ric4rnr/Carnage%20Creek/IMG_0183.jpg

Rezarf
04-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Ric-

Man, that was a fun time, Ric can attest to my :Princess: tendencies on the trail.

Zach, that thing is looking awesome! I dig your rig, your no longer using it as a DD are you?

Rezarf <><

bustanutley
04-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Yeah drew, it is getting there. Works awsome. Ordered some new seats on monday, hope they get here tomarrow so I can get them tied in. 21 road and billings next weekend :)

Nah I don't dd it anymore, just work on it. Way to spendy to drive anyway. mazdog takes driving duties

Rezarf
04-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah drew, it is getting there. Works awsome. Ordered some new seats on monday, hope they get here tomarrow so I can get them tied in. 21 road and billings next weekend :)

Nah I don't dd it anymore, just work on it. Way to spendy to drive anyway. mazdog takes driving duties

21 Road, I have read about that one in an offroad magazine, where is that one exactly? I have heard it is pretty burly, let me know how it compares to Carnage once you have run it. Carnage is my new difficulty gauge.

Thanks Zach!

Drew

AxleIke
04-20-2006, 11:20 PM
21 and billings are going to be a bit above carnage drew...pics look good guys, and drew is lying, he likes the rocks a whole lot more than he likes the flowers.