PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads/Rotors?

Big-J
12-04-2009, 10:06 AM
I have a 994Runner/4wd/auto/sr5/16'' that needs brakes something terrible and I know I need new rotors. I know I can get them turned, but its easier for me to just replace them. I have replaced the pads before, and not that difficult, but have never done the rotors on this before. Should I expect anything that is going to cause me some trouble?
Im not really looking forward to doing this, for one I don't have the time, but I have to make time because I need my wheels, unless I can find a deal. Anyone know someone who can get this done for me on the cheap? I don't wanna spend $300 to get this done, I would rather do myself, but time isn't on my side.

corsair23
12-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Im not really looking forward to doing this, for one I don't have the time, but I have to make time because I need my wheels, unless I can find a deal. Anyone know someone who can get this done for me on the cheap? I don't wanna spend $300 to get this done, I would rather do myself, but time isn't on my side.

Call Robbie @ Adventure Offroad (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=10843)

If nothing else you'll get an idea of what it will cost to have someone outside of a dealership do this for you...There are other options but I would start with Robbie first.