PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Exhaust (catback) for 994Runner

Big-J
12-04-2009, 04:09 PM
My exhaust is fine except for one thing, the O2 censor is bad and the heat from the exhaust pretty much welded it to the pipe! Anyone have an OEM exhaust collecting dust or know of a local junk yard?

99 SR5/v6/4wd/auto

Thanks!

J

Big-J
12-08-2009, 09:36 AM
interesting, I would have thought some of you guys would have an OEM exhaust lieing around. I guess I'll have to do some calling around.

MDH33
12-08-2009, 09:47 AM
I was able to get a cat-back for my FJ60 from the dealer fairly cheap with the correct hangers, etc. Might be worth calling Stevinson. Can't imagine you will find something used since it's kind of a disposable/consumable part.

Red_Chili
12-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Yota Jim is a good source. You can also just take the bung off of a trashed exhaust, cut out the old one, and weld it on. Or even Midas et.al. can do that.

I would run a new O2 if I were in your shoes. Even if they don't throw a code, a used one is less efficient and accurate and the fuel control is only as good as the info the computer gets.
Sparkplugs.com, Nippon-Denso or NGK OEM O2 only!!

SRT08BUS
12-08-2009, 09:58 AM
I have the the exhaust off my FJC if that would help? It would really make my lady happy getting it out off the house.

Big-J
12-08-2009, 10:04 AM
MDH33,
Im sure I can find one at a local salvage yard, I just haven't had the time to call around and find one. I don't really want to spend money on a new one, I would just go aftermarket if I did.

Red_Chili,
I think just getting another exhaust would be a lot easier than doing any cutting and welding like that. I already have a new O2 sensor, I just can't put it on, thats why i need another catback.

SRT08BUS,

I don't think it will fit a 99Runner, will it?

rover67
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
MDH33,
Im sure I can find one at a local salvage yard, I just haven't had the time to call around and find one. I don't really want to spend money on a new one, I would just go aftermarket if I did.

Red_Chili,
I think just getting another exhaust would be a lot easier than doing any cutting and welding like that. I already have a new O2 sensor, I just can't put it on, thats why i need another catback.

SRT08BUS,

I don't think it will fit a 99Runner, will it?

man, honestly I think if that's your only issue, drop it off at a muffler shop and let them cut the old one out and weld a new bung in. probably be like 30 bucks and a lunch break i'd bet....

Big-J
12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
man, honestly I think if that's your only issue, drop it off at a muffler shop and let them cut the old one out and weld a new bung in. probably be like 30 bucks and a lunch break i'd bet....

Really? Wow, I thought that would be more of a hassle! I'll give some places a call and see what they will cost me!

Thanks for all the helps everyone, my day just got better, but not much....I have finals tonight! :(

rover67
12-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Really? Wow, I thought that would be more of a hassle! I'll give some places a call and see what they will cost me!

Thanks for all the helps everyone, my day just got better, but not much....I have finals tonight! :(

pretty sure man, it's at least worth dropping by somewhere and letting them quote it... hopefully it's relatively easy to get to.

Big-J
12-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Hey thanks again for the advise, I made an appointment with a place already, will have it done tomorrow!
Now all I have to do is wait for my rotor's and pads and get those put on this weekend!