PDA

View Full Version : WTB: V6 minitruck diff, 4.10

Red_Chili
12-05-2009, 06:00 PM
The 4Runner I got my wife has what sound to be pinion bearing issues (is there a rash of this, or what?!?). Not terrible yet... but obviously that can change fast.

Anybody got a stock 8" V6 style 4.10 diff in good serviceable condition for a straight-in swap? Then she is up and running with a minimum of fuss.

Most boneyards are not too careful about leaving the diffs open to weather, etc. since most wheelers rebuild them anyway. I would rather not.

Imagine the pleasure I felt when I crawled under, and realized it was only the second most common minitruck diff out there... an I-4 diff in 4.10 being the most.

Air Randy
12-05-2009, 07:16 PM
I've got the diff thats in this 1990 IFS axle housing, it's came out of either a V6 or turbo, I think that makes them the same. Swing by and look at it tomorrow

DaveInDenver
12-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Imagine the pleasure I felt when I crawled under, and realized it was only the second most common minitruck diff out there... an I-4 diff in 4.10 being the most.
Did you verify the ratio? I seem to recall something about 4.30 gears in 3rd gen 4Runner, although I might be half drunkenly 'membering auto tranny ones.