PDA

View Full Version : 2F cam and lifters

jettaglxdriver
12-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I am looking for a good 2F cam and lifters for my rebuild. The engine is at Gunn and they just called me. My motor is rebuidable and looks pretty good. Going to beed to be bored 40 over and have the crank ground some but the cam and lifters are kinda rusted and worn. He highly recommends I replace the cam and lifters. His price for a cam and the lifters is $500 more and that is about what I am seeing online. If I can find something quickly that is not that expensive I will be all over it. Any thoughts?:beer:

jettaglxdriver
12-08-2009, 11:47 AM
I found the Man-A-Fre RV cam kit 13511-RV KIT

with lifters, springs, and cam for $235. That is a lot cheaper than 500 that the shop can get and I can find online.

Thoughts?

60wag
12-08-2009, 01:05 PM
When I did my 2F, I put a new cam, timing gears and lifters in it. I don't know where the cam came from other than it was a stock grind and the guy who runs The Engine Shop in Longmont sourced it for me. It was some years ago but was way less than 500$ for the parts. I did go with the Toyota timing gears as it has the rubber joint to knock down the noise.

Rzeppa
12-09-2009, 09:58 PM
I have several machinable F cams that would have to be cross drilled in the #3 journal for the 2F application. Fs are drilled in the #2 journal for the copper hose oiling to the rockers, 2Fs have a gallery in the block at #3 for oiling the rockers through the rocker tower.

I also have a couple bags of grindable lifters - grinding is normally a lot cheaper than new.

All free to good home ;)

jettaglxdriver
12-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Once again Jeff. PM sent. ;)