PDA

View Full Version : 9 News .... information that you can count on

Tch2fly
12-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Wow I know it FELT cold this morning but I had no idea.

If that is only a "near-record" how cold did it get??

:lmao::lmao:

and yes that is a real screen shot not a chop

FJBRADY
12-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I can't believe I am alive right now -498 :eek:

DaveInDenver
12-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Awesome! Considering absolute zero is -459F, that would be a record.

jettaglxdriver
12-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Yeah what is absolute zero again? I think were pretty close to a true record low. lol

Tch2fly
12-09-2009, 08:03 AM
It's dropping :eek:

Wasn't there a movie ... "Less than zero" ? :lmao:

theboomboom
12-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Yeah what is absolute zero again? I think were pretty close to a true record low. lol

As cold as it can theoretically get before all matter stops moving completely :thumb:

Red_Chili
12-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I see the farmer was jailed for stealing well water.

Well. Water is easier to steal when it is solid and you can get a handle on it. Seems like your arm would stop working at -547* though.

DaveInDenver
12-09-2009, 10:19 AM
It's dropping
Thinking their thermometer drops the zero or something when it goes sub zero. We are about a mile or two south of the 9Snooze building and our temp was about -3.5F.
Wasn't there a movie ... "Less than zero" ? :lmao:
Decent movie. Andrew McCarthy, Robert Downey, Jr., James Spader, Jami Gertz, Bangles' remake of the Hazy Shade of Winter. I remember going to see it at the $1 theater in high school. We got it recently on Netflix as part of our my trying to remember my youth. It wasn't as good as I thought I remembered it was.

Red_Chili
12-09-2009, 11:47 AM
I had the same experience ordering Blade Runner, in both the theater and director cuts. I preferred the theater, 'Sam Spade' style narration, slight '30s-'40s detective film noir atmosphere.

My boys, raised on more modern, somewhat less nihilistic (though plenty more violent) sci-fi, were unimpressed.

Oh well, I liked it.

My how threads turn. Oh look... a squirrel!

DaveInDenver
12-09-2009, 01:05 PM
I had the same experience ordering Blade Runner, in both the theater and director cuts. I preferred the theater, 'Sam Spade' style narration, slight '30s-'40s detective film noir atmosphere.
I like the real version (no voice over, the ambiguous ending) is much better than the released version. The problem is that knowing Deckard's a replicant sorta makes the original ending not work as well.

Yeah, distractions. I'm told there's a wrecked car in this photo. Danged if I can see it.

http://www.driveandstayalive.com/images/distraction01.jpg

Hulk
12-09-2009, 01:06 PM
We had a friend who swore Saturday Night Fever was her favorite movie. So we rented it as a surprise when she and her husband were coming over for dinner. I hadn't seen it since 1977. Gawd, what a bore.