PDA

View Full Version : Need an "Expert" in BJ40's

BruiserCruiser
12-10-2009, 10:43 PM
I just brought up a BJ40 Land Cruiser from Costa Rica and need to know if anyone on this site knows a Land Cruiser "Expert" that would be able to let my insurance guy know what the value of such a vehicle might be. If you have a name and phone number please send it my way. I appreciate your help.

Wendell

Chris
12-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Ask them who they recommend otherwise they can argue your 'experts' valuation.

wesintl
12-11-2009, 10:59 AM
what year?

IMHO it's worth the same as the same year fj40 in similar condition. Maybe, maybe slightly higher in that it's harder to find a bj40 but internet prices (IMHO) don't really reflect that. It depends on overall condition imho.

BruiserCruiser
12-11-2009, 07:49 PM
The insurance company doesn't have an "Expert" for Land Cruisers. Especially one that was never originally imported into the US. They asked me to try to find one. They are also looking for one, on their end. They basically just need and independent third party to verify what the value of something like this would be. I was hoping that your guys would know of someone who works or restores these vehicles that would be willing to be this independent third party.

Thanks,

Wendell

EWheeler
12-12-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm thinking;

Classic Cruisers in Salida
Rocky Mountain Cruisers in Denver area
Coyote Cruisers up in Fort Collins
Proffits Cruisers in Delta

TIMZTOY
12-12-2009, 01:36 AM
id say rocky mountain cruisers

Chris
12-12-2009, 08:17 AM
I had to do this for my stated value policy and made the insurance company tell me who they wanted me to use. If you use their recommendation you're able to toss that back at them if the need arises. If you make your own choice they may decide to challenge your valuation. FYI, none of the stated suggestions were what my company told me to use. No, I won't say who they did tell me to use because it amused me as well as the 'expert' they chose. ;)

Oh yeah, take lots & lots of pics and attach to the valuation.