PDA

View Full Version : I'm Confused

Bruiser
12-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Wouldn't be the first time I was confused and there is probably a really simple answer to this. I started installing a new master clutch cylinder in my 78 FJ 40 today. After pulling everything off and putting the new one on, I put some fluid in the reservoir to bleed it and all the fluid I put in started draining out this hole in the front of the cylinder. My stock cylinder does not have the hole so I am not sure what it is there for. It does not have any threads. Should the part have come with a plug for it? Did Checker give me the wrong part? Any ideas?

Justin

RicardoJM
12-13-2009, 02:14 PM
The front of the master cylinder that I am looking at has in indent at the front, but it is definitely not a hole all the way through. Is sounds like you have a defective part. Bummer:(

treerootCO
12-13-2009, 02:42 PM
December 12th, 1978 Fj40. Has a hole, but fluid should not come out of it. I am only guessing but you need to take it back...probably a check ball or something missing. I blew in mine as stuck a needle in the hole and nothing moved.

Bruiser
12-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks Mike. The hole in mine looks like the one in your except fluid pours out of it when I fill the reservoir. I will run back to Checker and see what they say.

Rzeppa
12-14-2009, 07:44 PM
I would suggest OEM Toyota next time. Checker is good for motor oil and such, but for real Toyota parts the dealer is the surest way to genuine Toyota Quality.