PDA

View Full Version : Tire Chains

Crash
12-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Two sets of two of these: http://www.tirechain.com/VBAR.htm with spring tensioners for all four chains: http://www.tirechain.com/adjusters-light-truck.htm
Sized for 33x10.50 and will fit 295/75/16 with the addition of a couple of links to each side chain.
Been on the ground at three Rising Sun Pizza Runs. Great shape - $120
PM if interested.

MDH33
12-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Did these fit your 34x10.50 LTB's? If so I'm interested!

Crash
12-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Did these fit your 34x10.50 LTB's? If so I'm interested!

Damn, Martin, I knew I should have checked on the fit with 34x10.50s too! I'll try them out either right now or tomorrow and get back to you.

Crash
12-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Okay, I checked them out on a Swamper LTB 34x10.50 with lots of tread left and the chain fit but very tightly - no need to tighten the camlocks and I'm not sure that is a good thing. I never tried them on the LTBs before as clearance would be an issue on the 62. It would make a great pairing if you had the clearance, though. LTBs by themselves in the snow are awesome, nearly as good as BFG ATs with these chains. Chains and LTBs would be something.

MDH33
12-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Okay, I checked them out on a Swamper LTB 34x10.50 with lots of tread left and the chain fit but very tightly - no need to tighten the camlocks and I'm not sure that is a good thing. I never tried them on the LTBs before as clearance would be an issue on the 62. It would make a great pairing if you had the clearance, though. LTBs by themselves in the snow are awesome, nearly as good as BFG ATs with these chains. Chains and LTBs would be something.

Could you close the cam if you really reefed on it, or if the tires were aired down?

Crash
12-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Could you close the cam if you really reefed on it, or if the tires were aired down?

Really reefed on it? No comprende, senor! ;) I installed the chains on an LTB aired to about 32 lbs psi independent of a truck. I'm sure that driving a tire with chains on it a quarter mile or so would loosen/realign the chains up a bit and then, perhaps, further tightening would be possible. I have the chained tire out back and you can take a look at it if you like.

subzali
12-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Only problem would be getting it on while the tire is attached to the truck. If it's tight enough that Steve doesn't have to tighten the cams then you might not be able to latch it when you're trying to put it on out in the woods...just my :twocents:

Everything can be modified (read:lengthened) though :thumb:

MDH33
12-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys. I'll pass on them I guess. I'm sure there's someone here that has 33's that can use them.

$120 is a good deal for big VBar chains and tensioners.

I have one set of 33x12.50 chains that fit the LTB's pretty well (a little big, needs a few links removed). So I'll probably just pick up another set of those.

:beer:

calphi27
12-17-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm your huckleberry. PM Sent.

Crash
12-17-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm your huckleberry. PM Sent.

PM returned.
Steve

Crash
12-18-2009, 08:57 PM
SOLD. Thanks Matt!!! Don't get stuck now unless there is at least one other 60 series, or maybe an 80, along with you. A mini-truck won't get you unstuck by itself. BTDT

nuclearlemon
12-18-2009, 09:31 PM
SOLD. Thanks Matt!!! Don't get stuck now unless there is at least one other 60 series, or maybe an 80, along with you. A mini-truck won't get you unstuck by itself. BTDT

a mini can get an 80 unstuck...i have video proof of it. just ask dean.:lmao:

Crash
12-18-2009, 09:42 PM
a mini can get an 80 unstuck...i have video proof of it. just ask dean.:lmao:

True dat! I saw it live. :lmao: You don't have video of both Dean and Dave trying to get Bart unstuck from the snow though. Fortunately for them and me too, it was a downhill pull and after a few tries they finally got the job done.

DaveInDenver
12-18-2009, 09:53 PM
True dat! I saw it live. :lmao: You don't have video of both Dean and Dave trying to get Bart unstuck from the snow though. Fortunately for them and me too, it was a downhill pull and after a few tries they finally got the job done.
It takes 8 cylinders one way or the other to unstuck a Cruiser wagon, eh?