PDA

View Full Version : look what the wife did..

TIMZTOY
12-22-2009, 09:28 PM
just kidding.. i told her i was going to blame here, but its not her fault.. im sure its the onslot of car swallowing potholes ..

ive never seen a tire blow out this bad in my life and ive been working on cars and tires for about 15 years...

she said she didnt even know that it blew out, she just thought that the road was really rough.. lol:lmao:

Romer
12-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Holy Crap. I am assuming Cindi and the truck are fine

RockRunner
12-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Just put a tube in it.............should last you a while longer:rolleyes:

Hope all are well.

corsair23
12-22-2009, 10:55 PM
:eek:

x2 on the holy crap and hoping that Cindi, and the truck, are ok

Hey, if you need 4 of those tires in stock 80 series OEM size let me know...They're still on the 80 but that could be resolved easily enough I'm sure...

nakman
12-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Holy moly! :eek: yeah glad everyone's alright!

Is that an old tire? what's the "born-on" date? I'm having flashbacks of the bulges of death thread..

DaveInDenver
12-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Holy moly! :eek: yeah glad everyone's alright!

Is that an old tire? what's the "born-on" date? I'm having flashbacks of the bulges of death thread..
That does look like it was caused by a more basic problem than just a pot hole. That is complete carcass failure!

60wag
12-23-2009, 09:35 AM
If she didn't notice the blowout, its possible that there are several miles of run flat on what's left of the tire. If it blew out and she stopped immediately, then yea, that's one ugly tire failure.

Corbet
12-23-2009, 10:08 AM
she said she didnt even know that it blew out, she just thought that the road was really rough.. lol:lmao:

Oh, I've heard that from the:Princess: before. Required a 4 tire purchase for the Subaru :banghead:

treerootCO
12-23-2009, 10:09 AM
You have to pull over when a tire goes flat.

rockcrawlincandi
12-24-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm going to defend myself. I just hoped onto highway 36 leaving Broomfield. The highway was bumpy at first. Road construction signs everywhere. At first the bumpyness was minor and intermittined. It soon grew worse. When you get a flat in a car, you automaticly know it. When you get a flat in a truck, it's hard to tell. I did drive for about a half a mile before I pulled over. I knew now that the tire was flat and just had to find a good spot to pull over. But I do admit that I have also NEVER seen a tire look like that. Thank god I got a flat in a toyota. If it were any other vehicle I would have flipped twenty times, the gas tank would have errupted and burst to flames. Also a possible engine failure just for good measure. :rolleyes: I just want to say as nice as everyone is in this state, no one told me I had a flat. No honking, no yelling, not even a glare or this face :eek: Which is what I did when I saw it.
I should send that picture to the govenor with a demand to fix the roads. :lmao:

farnhamstj
12-24-2009, 05:41 PM
WOW!! I won't be buying that brand of tire. Never did before either. Glad you are ok

TIMZTOY
12-24-2009, 07:34 PM
:eek:

x2 on the holy crap and hoping that Cindi, and the truck, are ok

Hey, if you need 4 of those tires in stock 80 series OEM size let me know...They're still on the 80 but that could be resolved easily enough I'm sure...

i defentlly need new tires.. i was hoping to hold out till i either lifted it or sold it.. because i hate buying tires twice.. as you can tell shes fine :rant:.. darnet..lol :lmao: what are you wanting for the 80 tires ? and the odd thing is that not 15 hours befor the blow out. i just checked all 4 tire pressures and set to 32, and greased all my drive shafts zerks.. so :dunno:

corsair23
12-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Tim, I sent you a PM :)