PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Tank Usage

pmccumber
12-29-2009, 10:16 PM
What are the two gauges for? I haven't seen any instructions on Mud, Ultimate Air, or PowerTank that say how what they indicate and considerations to made with respect to ...

Paul

RockRunner
12-29-2009, 10:38 PM
One shows the pressure in the tank, usually 3-4K and the other the pressure coming out of the hose. I usually set mine to 125#s and get quick refills and very little freezing.

Hants
12-29-2009, 10:58 PM
I have the cheapie version -- no gauges at all. Fixed regulator and quick-disconnect is all.

We don't need no stink'n gauges! :hill:

rover67
12-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Like Tom says, ones for the tank pressure, the other is the line pressure.

Pay attention to the tank pressure, when it drops from where it sits, you don't have long before it's emtpy. It'll sit at a certian pressure for a long time since the liquid CO2 has a certain head pressure, but when the liquid is gone it starts to drop and it acts like an air tank.

I usually got one tire (set) refill when it moved from steady, so it was pretty predictable and got me out of the woods..

pmccumber
12-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks guys. I needed to know what I'm looking at. This is perfect.

Paul

Rzeppa
12-30-2009, 10:33 PM
i Have The Cheapie Version -- No Gauges At All. Fixed Regulator And Quick-disconnect Is All.

We Don't Need No Stink'n Gauges! :hill:

X2!

rover67
12-31-2009, 09:09 AM
that's what I did for a while, but it's nice to knwo when you are almost out.. also, the line pressure guage can be riged to show tire pressure if you put a valve in front of it to isolate it and the tire. you leave it filling, then shut it off at that valve to see tire press, then keep going if you need to. then you can stay near the mounted tank and chat while you're filling.