PDA

View Full Version : Tundra/2UZ-FE oil leaking

subzali
01-01-2010, 06:46 PM
So I went to do an oil change and replace the spark plugs on the (2000) Tundra today, and when I popped the hood I found this oil leak. It looks like it's coming from these hoses, which appear to be some sort of breather possibly. But I wondered why now they would do this (it's not like I was running anything hot). Anybody know or seen these? They are on the driver's side of the engine bay, just behind the dipstick. Farnham? Christo?

subzali
01-01-2010, 06:59 PM
well, I found this thread, and it appears they are breathers and I probably overfilled my t-case and for some reason today it decided to go puking...
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/161950-oil-leak-from-odd-place/

It seems that the Tundras are setup different than the 100 series Cruisers, and since I think I have the only Tundra in the club, move along, nothing to see here...

wesintl
01-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I was going to say breather.. that 1st pic on the right you can see the standard crimp top on the top of the breather tube.

DaveInDenver
01-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Our 4th gen 4Runner had breathers like that in the engine bay for the drivetrain.