PDA

View Full Version : Ask Uncle Nakdude

Red_Chili
01-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Our club has its own Ouija-board toting, descended-from-gypsies soothsayer. Post up here to have your near future predicted for 2010!

I am sure Uncle Nakdude Worek will swing by, swirl some tea leaves, and reveal all for you.

jacdaw
01-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Oh Mighty UNW, I kinda want to go back to school and start on a second career. The program's deadline for registration is Jan 15th. I'm afraid that my kidney might come during one of the the two mandatory residential intensives in June and July. I have to pay up front. Should I go ahead and register/pay?:bowdown:

Red_Chili
01-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh Mighty UNW-
Should I sell my house at likely market lows or try to keep it?

:bowdown:

:lmao:

nakman
01-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Oh Mighty UNW-

:bowdown:

I'm only a cousin to UNW... but in the spirit of chat I say if you're staying within the same market then go ahead and sell it- as you're buying back into the same market, so sell low, buy low. Your only bad move would be to sell in a depressed market and buy into an inflated one, meaning sell low buy high. The best move obviously is sell high buy low, but I don't see you moving to Detroit.. :D

Uncle Nakdude
01-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Oh Mighty UNW-

Keepest thy abode, especially thy garage. Take not a loss now when the future holds higher returns.

Also: remember to breathe.

Uncle Nakdude
01-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Oh Mighty UNW, I kinda want to go back to school and start on a second career. The program's deadline for registration is Jan 15th. I'm afraid that my kidney might come during one of the the two mandatory residential intensives in June and July. I have to pay up front. Should I go ahead and register/pay?:bowdown:

This question strains my powers of space and time. The Ancient One advises: speakest to the program administrators (not the flunkies, but the leaders) and explain your predicament. You will be able to gauge their wisdom based on their response, and evaluate the situation mo' better.

In my inventory, I have a half dozen spare livers but no kidneys. My apologies. My best wishes for your full recovery and health.

jacdaw
01-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Fair enough. Can you tell me where I left my 10mm flare nut wrench?:rant:

DaveInDenver
01-04-2010, 10:28 AM
I would enroll because sitting out for the what-ifs in life will eventually leave you on the sidelines all the time. Sure there's a risk of missing the term but so what? If that happens it's because you are getting a new kidney and that's more than reason enough to be positive. What if the kidney does not come through? Then you are still waiting for it AND another semester behind on the future.

Red_Chili
01-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Hey go find your own soothsayer thread! We got a live one here.

Cool shades, UN! I want some.

Uncle Nakdude
01-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I would enroll because sitting out for the what-ifs in life will eventually leave you on the sidelines all the time. Sure there's a risk of missing the term but so what? If that happens it's because you are getting a new kidney and that's more than reason enough to be positive. What if the kidney does not come through? Then you are still waiting for it AND another semester behind on the future.

Thou speakest with wisdom, David-In-Denver. Didst thou study in the wind caves of Shalomar with the Druids of Sorrow?

jacdaw
01-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Hey go find your own soothsayer thread! We got a live one here. Wait, Tim chimed in on your predicament with no complaint, but then Dave chimes in with another vote of "don't be stupid" for me and you're chasing him off??!!??! I protest...:lmao:

I hope the soothsayer my soothsayer is not a jealous soothsayer.

Uncle Ben
01-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Wait, Tim chimed in on your predicament with no complaint, but then Dave chimes in with another vote of "don't be stupid" for me and you're chasing him off??!!??! I protest...:lmao:

I hope the soothsayer my soothsayer is not a jealous soothsayer.

WHINER ALERT!!! I have not seen any Tim post....go away non believers :rant::rant: :p:!

jacdaw
01-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Okay, Matt, whatever.WHINER ALERT!!! I have not seen any Tim post....go away non believers :rant::rant: :p:!

Red_Chili
01-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Yeah! It was a Don't Call Me Matt post.

No worries O John LoLux d00d. Our Uncle Nakdude is not a frail sooth. sayer. whatever.

Uncle Nakdude
01-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Your in-house forecaster of the future holds no favorites or grudges: all are welcome, be they whiners, Isuzu lovers or slandered with the opprobrium "Matt."

Please do not look behind the curtain. There is nothing to see there, and the curtains are dusty and may cause sneezing.

DaveInDenver
01-04-2010, 03:52 PM
http://blog.ableandhow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/behind-the-curtain.gif

Corbet
01-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Although I've search all the threads on MUD and here and I've read the answer countless times what I really need to know Uncle Nakdude... what's the largest tire I can put on my 80 series without a lift?

Convert
01-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Uncle Nakdude will Texas beat Alabama?

jacdaw
01-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Although I've search all the threads on MUD and here and I've read the answer countless times what I really need to know Uncle Nakdude... what's the largest tire I can put on my 80 series without a lift?Holy cow, I thought that was an early bronco thing. Yes I'm a Toyota nube, but that question is as old as dirt in my circles. "how big without cutting the rear fenders for flares...":rolleyes:

Uncle Nakdude
02-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Although I've search all the threads on MUD and here and I've read the answer countless times what I really need to know Uncle Nakdude... what's the largest tire I can put on my 80 series without a lift?

It depends whether you value being able to turn the tires more than a few degrees. I recommend 35s to all.

Corbet
02-05-2010, 04:20 PM
It depends whether you value being able to turn the tires more than a few degrees. I recommend 35s to all.

Thank you Uncle Nakdude, I thought you had forgotten about me.

Red_Chili
02-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Oh Uncle Nakdude-
Dr. Toyoda called me and asked if I would ask you...

What can Toyota do to rein in their serious quality issues? Not just the PR. He says they have wandered from the path and he is ready to do seppuku. :eek:

Uncle Nakdude
02-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Solid front axles. But Dr. Toyoda is not willing to listen.