01-05-2010, 01:03 PM
And cool!

Saw this on another forum. Liked it!

w_F7QrR4Ur8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_F7QrR4Ur8&feature=player_embedded#ws

Tch2fly
01-05-2010, 01:45 PM
That is awesome!!

I take it there is nothing on the build-up?

corsair23
01-05-2010, 03:29 PM
That is awesome!!

I take it there is nothing on the build-up?

From the video description:

Cams hydraulic Chain-drive 4x4, about 7 feet of up OR down motion on each tire: specs below Engine is a fuel injected Ford 5.0 V8 out of a '93 cobra mustang, c4 transmission and t-case out of an early bronco. 9" w/ 5.38 gears and ARB air locker mounted in the center (below driver) running chain gears on the ends where the swing arms pivot. Swing arms are hydraulically controlled individually or together, and there is coil spring and shock suspension as well. large chains running inside the swing arms turn hummer gear reduction (2:1) hubs at each wheel. tires are 39.5". The steering is linked through the swing arms as well and the steering box is mounted just infront of the axle below the driver. body construction is steel tubing (mostly DOM) and the total weight is 5900 LB.

That thing would be a lot of fun :D

TIMZTOY
01-05-2010, 08:50 PM
cool as all heck.. but looks like a pain inthe arz to drive. because all 4 cororns are controled indivdually.. now if there was a self leveling valve that woulod be cool.. because you could just drive up to a cliff and drive off.. and it would self level..

RockRunner
01-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Holly cow that is cool. I can't believe the things people can design and come up with.

farnhamstj
01-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I told you IFS was cool.

daisydog34
01-05-2010, 10:05 PM
I told you IFS was cool.

Thinkin we might need to drop the F in IFS for this ... um.... thing.

Always thought something like this would show up, Ill agree that it needs to be self leveling or something like that with a manual override. Otherwise it has to be such a pain in the ass to drive you would almost need two people!

Cool though give the guy props for trying something new!