PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Install Help

Loki
01-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Hey all, just got back from my first meeting tonight and got delivered my new 4x4 Labs rear bumper :) So my first question would be if anyone had a garage, cutting tool and grinder available to help me install? I can provide the manual labor and drinks of your choice :beer:

Second if that's not available, any recommendations on places to have it done at? I'm living in an apartment building right now so no garage and no sawzall right now.

It was good getting to meet some of you tonight, look forward to some runs in the future and more meetings to come!

EDIT: So my signature didn't show up, but my name is Paul, I live in Boulder, but I'm down in Denver often (around Downtown) and I have a 1997 FZJ80... thanks!

Air Randy
01-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I've never done work on 80's before but if the bumper has instructions I'm sure we can handle it. I have a heated garage and all of the required tools but I am located in Franktown which is about 15 minutes South of Parker. If any of the other 80 guys wants to come along and assist thats fine too.

TIMZTOY
01-07-2010, 01:04 AM
i dont have much time off, but im always up for helping out..

Loki
01-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Hey thanks guys, I'll send you a PM

nuclearlemon
01-07-2010, 12:57 PM
no garage space, but have tools and folks are always welcome to use my driveway.

Air Randy
01-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Tim,

When is your next day off? How does Sunday look for you? If you're open and if Sunday works for Loki you guys can come down to my place and we should be able to knock this out.

Loki you may want to pick up a pak of high quality sawzall blades if we have to do frame cutting. I should have everything else needed including a welder in case we cut too much off.........:hill:

Loki
01-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I sent a couple of PM's and Stephen (leiniesred) also offered to help. I'm free anytime, and can pick up whatever we need. Plus I can probably drag some of my friends along for some extra labor.

Big John
01-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm off tomorrow and the weekend actually. I've got plenty of fab tools. Shoot me a pm if you haven't already found help.

wesintl
01-07-2010, 05:46 PM
I can fix that, my dad is a TV repairman and has a bitchin' set of tools.

:lol::lol::lol:

Air Randy
01-07-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm available tomorrow (Friday) after 2 PM and then any time on Sat/Sun. Let me know what works for you.

If Windsor is a lot closer for you and you want to go to BigJohn's place, no problem either way. Let me know. Randy

TIMZTOY
01-08-2010, 12:47 AM
Tim,

When is your next day off? How does Sunday look for you? If you're open and if Sunday works for Loki you guys can come down to my place and we should be able to knock this out.

Loki you may want to pick up a pak of high quality sawzall blades if we have to do frame cutting. I should have everything else needed including a welder in case we cut too much off.........:hill:

i think that im working sunday.. for me to get any particular day off i need at liest 7 days notice.. but we do close at like 6 or 7 or 8

Loki
01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm available tomorrow (Friday) after 2 PM and then any time on Sat/Sun. Let me know what works for you.

If Windsor is a lot closer for you and you want to go to BigJohn's place, no problem either way. Let me know. Randy

I'm thinking Sunday if that works. And Windsor looks to be about the same distance either way but it doesn't matter, whatever is good for everyone.Thanks!

Air Randy
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Paul,

Sunday is fine, do you want to shoot for a 9 AM start? Bring your pals and whatever type of beer you like. My cell is 303-319-8976. My address is 1376 Columbine Drive, Franktown, CO. Let me know if you need directions. Once you pull in the paved driveway you will see another drive that heads off to the left. Follow that around behind the house to where the shop is, then just come on in. Randy

Loki
01-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Sounds good, I'll be there. Thanks again!