PDA

View Full Version : hotels in Moab?

Kenon698
01-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Wife wants to go this year and does not want to camp. Any suggestions on hotels in Moab? Where are You staying if not at BFE?

pmccumber
01-16-2010, 09:08 AM
There was just a thread about this a couple weeks ago:

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=11821

Shark Bait
01-16-2010, 09:24 AM
No to dissuade anyone from camping, but I am looking into renting a condo on the south side and would be happy to share the space. Please PM me if you are interested.

gahi
01-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Red Stone Inn is nice, right in town, and cheap. Doesn't have that sterile feel (some like that though). My Dad stayed at the Gonzo Inn last summer, they have an awesome chlorine free pool and every room has a porch, its also right in town so you can walk to restaurants. But it costs quite a bit more.
Those are the only two I have any experience with.

corsair23
01-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Ken,

There are also some threads in the CM section...I know I have started at least one in there last year or the year before that people offered up a lot of suggestions.

I still think a "Where to stay in Moab" sticky thread at the top of the CM section would be a good idea :)

Bighead
01-17-2010, 05:51 AM
Wife wants to go this year and does not want to camp. Any suggestions on hotels in Moab? Where are You staying if not at BFE?

I'm in the same boat so I made reservations at the Holiday Inn Express until I can find something I like better.

MDH33
01-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Kim and I stopped in Moab on our way back from AZ in November. I recalled that TLCA members got a 15% discount at Motel 6 so we stopped there. They had never heard of the TLCA, but they still gave me a room for 15% off. It was also 30% smaller than the other rooms... :hill: Mary and Chris stayed there too. maybe some others.

wesintl
01-17-2010, 11:15 AM
I stayed at the Ramada inn last year. It was fine. They just renovated all the rooms. It was clean and comfortable and we could walk to pasta jays and most places downtown. That's why I chose it vs holiday inn or motel 6 on the north end. It was pretty much smack dab downtown.

ScaldedDog
01-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Has anyone tried the La Quinta?

Mark

Shark Bait
01-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Kim and I stopped in Moab on our way back from AZ in November. I recalled that TLCA members got a 15% discount at Motel 6 so we stopped there. They had never heard of the TLCA, but they still gave me a room for 15% off. It was also 30% smaller than the other rooms... :hill: Mary and Chris stayed there too. maybe some others.

Martin, the TLCA discount code is in the members section of tlca.org.

Crash
01-17-2010, 02:17 PM
http://www.visitmoab.com/
We've worked with these folks a few times and have been happy with their listings of available housing. If you contact them, be sure to ask for Jean and tell her you are with the Rising Sun for the Cruise Moab event. I'm going to ask Jean if it would be possible to change the picture on their website of a j**p to a Cruiser or at least add a Toyota.

treerootCO
01-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Best hotel in Moab :D:

wesintl
01-17-2010, 06:17 PM
yeah I thought your dad had a 5th house. a hotel would be a step back..

Corbet
01-17-2010, 06:47 PM
The only place I've stayed at in Moab other than my tent, is the Sunflower Hill B&B.

http://sunflowerhill.com/

It was very nice and I'd go back anytime. Breakfast was very good. Service was friendly and always around but almost invisible when not needed. Great place for a couple to relax. Its tucked away about 3 blocks off main.

But no kids under 10 or :puppykisses:. Definitely don't expect to turn a wrench on your rig in the parking lot.

If you and our significant other stay here you won't be disappointed.

Bighead
01-18-2010, 06:27 AM
In the past we've stayed at the Silver Sage Inn on the south side of town. Nice owner and he lets us wrench on our vehicles in the parking lot as long as we clean up after ourselves. Not the fanciest place but cheap and clean...the wife never liked it and would like to stay someplace a little nicer.

Cheeseman
01-18-2010, 10:38 PM
last time I hoteled it on the southside I stayed at the place that has the storage units. The rooms are huge and on the backside away from the highway so very quiet. Can't remember the name though. You'd have to do some digging and find it. I would stay at this place again.
________
VAPORIZER AFFILIATE (http://vaporizeraffiliateprogram.com)