PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Denver

ScottsFJ40
04-15-2006, 01:20 PM
My wife and I will be moving to Denver from Tucson this fall.

Over the next few months, I would like to get to know some of the Colorado Cruiser folks and possible pick your brains about where to live and what the job market is for my wife. My offices are in Aurora.

I have a 1968 FJ40 which I sold the top for a long time ago, never really needed it in Southern Arizona, guess I will have to shop for a new one. :-)

Scott

nuclearlemon
04-15-2006, 01:23 PM
i hated aurora and wouldn't live there again, but that may just be me.

as for a top, just get a softtop...there's enough nice days that you won't want to deal with a hardtop.

Shark Bait
04-15-2006, 05:03 PM
I live in Parker which is just south of Aurora. We like it. Commute shouldn't be too bad depending on where your office is. ;)

Romer
04-15-2006, 10:22 PM
What part of Aurora? Tuscon huh, you don't work for Raytheon do you?

If you are going to live in Aurora, Live in the southern part that uses the Cheery Creek School System and not the Aurora schools which suck. Piney Creek, Woodgate, housing is cheaper in south East aurora near smokey hill and 470, but then you are way out there.

treerootCO
04-16-2006, 04:27 AM
I hear Highlands Ranch is nice :lmao:

nuclearlemon
04-16-2006, 08:58 AM
I hear Highlands Ranch is nice :lmao:
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!! MY EYES :brick: !!!!!

Romer
04-16-2006, 09:52 AM
He doesn't want to live in Highlands Ranch if he works in Aurora. The Traffic on 470 that direction is horrible both ways.

I know you were kidding Mike, but he might not.

Rzeppa
04-16-2006, 03:15 PM
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!! MY EYES :brick: !!!!!Actually, that looks like so much of the flatlands, not just Highlands Ranch.

wesintl
04-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Actually, that looks like so much of the flatlands, not just Highlands Ranch.

Exactly... biking up mt falcon today I thought the same thing looking at lakewood.

I do like the 4 free rec centers we have among other things

Rzeppa
04-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Yes, especially Green Mountain. Hey Wes, you should have stopped in; OTOH I might have handed you a paint brush or a rake :-) I was painting and doing yard work today, it was a beautiful day wasn't it? I really didn't want to be inside.

Linda and I toyed with the idea of going to Mt. Falcon to watch the sunrise this morning. I like to play my guitar for the rising sun. We didn't quite make it, but we've gone up there a number of times for sunrise. One of the nice things about sunrise from Mt. Falcon is that you can't make out the urban sprawl as much as later in the day.

Happy cruisin'!

ScottsFJ40
04-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the responses. I plan on making a couple different trips to Denver over the summer to check stuff out and do some house hunting.

I really don't know that much about Denver, but suspect that I will be learning alot very soon. :-)

IanB
04-17-2006, 10:35 AM
It might be worth checking out the area on 470 north of 70. West of the airport. They are building subdivisions out there ("Reunion" one was called) but its not very crowded yet and judging by the billboards I see the houses are very reasonable.

Of course, Boulder is still the best :thumb: (can't wait for the flames on that one :lmao: ) but the commute would be a bear. Good luck. :bowdown: :beer: :flamingo:

2badfjs
04-18-2006, 11:05 AM
check out castle rock ;)

i work in aurora off 225 and parker road and it only takes me 35-40 in either direction
ecept whem it snows :thumb: