PDA

View Full Version : Overnight run registration???

Mendocino
01-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Where during the registration process do I select the overnight run? I can't find it anywhere.:mad:

Hulk
01-18-2010, 04:35 PM
I think it's full. :( We can add you to the waiting list.

Air Randy
01-18-2010, 05:23 PM
If it is full, give him my spot as we have changed our mind on the overnight trip.

Mendocino
01-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Cool. Thanks Randy and Dee. I had to get a colleague (http://www.trimble.com/mharrington.shtml) to go to Siberia (literally) for me so I could attend CM. I guess my sales skills are still pretty good.:D

Hulk
01-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Jeff, please ping Hants with this information. You should register now if you haven't already.

DaveInDenver
01-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Is there a list of who got in on the overnight? I went through the registration for CM10 and listed only the overnight run, left the other days as 'No Trail Picked'. But got interrupted at work and never finished nor did the Paypal obligation assuming when I had to cancel the process that it killed my registration.

Rock Dog
01-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Is there a list of who got in on the overnight? I went through the registration for CM10 and listed only the overnight run, left the other days as 'No Trail Picked'. But got interrupted at work and never finished nor did the Paypal obligation assuming when I had to cancel the process that it killed my registration.

Yes, i believe Hants can check the "tentative" list for the overnight run on the database (in his copious spare time)...... and see if you are one of the lucky 20. Just send him a PM...
I say tentative because last year when we contacted several people that signed up, and they dropped out when they found it was up north, and they would miss the thursday runs in Moab....

MDH33
01-19-2010, 08:59 AM

I would be interested to see who's (possibly) going as well. :beer:

rover67
01-19-2010, 09:09 AM
im'a goin'

MDH33
01-19-2010, 09:22 AM
im'a goin'

Right on. Myself, you, I believe Perry, Jeff, we know Kurt is leading... Should be a good time. :beer::beer::beer: :thumb:

Who else signed up?

Jacket
01-19-2010, 09:33 AM
:thumb:

MDH33
01-19-2010, 10:27 AM
:thumb:

Ok. Myself, The Other Matt, Marco, Perry, Jeff, Kurt is leading. ;)

bh4rnnr
01-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Ok. Myself, The Other Matt, Marco, Perry, Jeff, Kurt is leading. ;)

Looking to be a good run:cool:

Rock Dog
01-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Rock Dog will be Squeaking along as well..... Finally get to do the overnight run!!!!

Caribou Sandstorm
01-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Its about time Rock Dog! Hope you have a great Cruise Moab this year!!!

Skidoo
01-23-2010, 09:48 AM
I am signed up for this run. Wanted to check my assumption that the camping will be primitive.
About what time do we leave on Wed, get back on Thurs? Do I need to be there Tues for pre meeting?
Thanks

MDH33
01-23-2010, 10:44 AM
I am signed up for this run. Wanted to check my assumption that the camping will be primitive.
About what time do we leave on Wed, get back on Thurs? Do I need to be there Tues for pre meeting?
Thanks

Good questions. Yes, primitive camping. Bring enough food/fuel/water for several days. We would also recommend you bring some sort of crapper such as a pett toilet or wag bags. I'm pretty sure most of us are going to meet up with Kurt on Tuesday afternoon out in the Swell, but I'll get the details and post them here. :thumb:

Skidoo
01-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks. The trail description for this run does not provide a lot of detail, I see most folks on this thread are running FJ40s, I have a modified UZJ100, is having a bigger rig a problem for this run. In general the rating of 6 sounds like something I can handle. Been in the Swell a couple of times on easier stuff. From I-70 up Cat Canyon and out past Copper Globe Mine to I-70. From Swayze Cabin, down into Eagle Canyon and under and out to I-70.

bh4rnnr
01-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks. The trail description for this run does not provide a lot of detail, I see most folks on this thread are running FJ40s, I have a modified UZJ100, is having a bigger rig a problem for this run. In general the rating of 6 sounds like something I can handle. Been in the Swell a couple of times on easier stuff. From I-70 up Cat Canyon and out past Copper Globe Mine to I-70. From Swayze Cabin, down into Eagle Canyon and under and out to I-70.

One portion might be tight, but doable. You should have no problem with the run:cheers:

farnhamstj
01-23-2010, 09:26 PM
I ran it in my 100 last year as a pre-run. No issues with fitting the 100. There was a T100 and a buch of 80's. The real tall guys were concerned about getting under the bridges but everyone fit even with roof top tents and such. You'll recieve GPS and directions too the meeting area before hand. You can go directly to meet the Wasatch guys in the Swell. They can do tech inspection for you on sight to avoid driving all the way to Moab. Last year we camped just N. of Swayze Cabin. I assume it's the same place. Lone Warrior rock art. Wasatch cooked up fantastic breakfast for all. Welcome to the forum.

Skidoo
01-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the welcome, see you at the Hot Wings Cookoff.
That "cattle" tunnel under i-70 west of the Eagle Canyon bridges had me worried when I first saw it. :eek: But bigger than it looked.

Vitesse_6
01-31-2010, 09:41 AM
Its a great trip, Sadly I have decided not to help out on the overnighter this year, Ive Gunned and led the last 3 years, We are going to do CM10 family style :thumb: Im planning on running the river again like we did with Matt Farr a few years ago.
Here are a few picks from CM09's overnighter.

http://www.wasatchcruisers.org/vbulletinfrm/showpost.php?p=63517&postcount=39

Have fun all
:cheers:

Hulk
01-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Its a great trip, Sadly I have decided not to help out on the overnighter this year, Ive Gunned and led the last 3 years, We are going to do CM10 family style :thumb: Im planning on running the river again like we did with Matt Farr a few years ago.

Brian, you guys should do the Chicken Corners trail if you have never done it. There is a really cool giant rock with a bunch of caves for the kids to explore. I wrote it up on the Cruise Moab web site (http://www.cruisemoab.com/trail-descriptions.asp).

The float trip was lots of fun -- it would have been even better on a hot day!

Vitesse_6
01-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Brian, you guys should do the Chicken Corners trail if you have never done it. There is a really cool giant rock with a bunch of caves for the kids to explore. I wrote it up on the Cruise Moab web site (http://www.cruisemoab.com/trail-descriptions.asp).

The float trip was lots of fun -- it would have been even better on a hot day!

Cool, Thanks Matt.
The only trail we are doing is Hells Revenge on Fri. Leaving Sat open for the float trip and giving us plenty of time for the dinner and raffle :thumb:

Mendocino
01-31-2010, 08:04 PM
Cool, Thanks Matt.
The only trail we are doing is Hells Revenge on Fri. Leaving Sat open for the float trip and giving us plenty of time for the dinner and raffle :thumb:Can I get some detail on the float trip?

Vitesse_6
02-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Can I get some detail on the float trip?

No real details, My family(4 people) were going to run a 1/2 day trip down the Colorado on Sat the first of May, There isn't any real set plan.
I was going to call and see if we could get some reservations this week.
I could let you know then.

Corbet
02-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Right on. Myself, you, I believe Perry, Jeff, we know Kurt is leading... Should be a good time. :beer::beer::beer: :thumb:

Who else signed up?

I'm on the overnighter. Plus Porter so hide your beers :puppykisses:

cruiseroutfit
02-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Can't wait for the Cruise Moab. I've got a finalized list of participants for the overnighter, you will be receiving an email from us in the coming days. If your plans change and you can no longer make it to the overnighter, please let someone (either us or the fine gents @ Rising Sun) know ASAP so we can fill your spot. We have a waiting list of eager participants.

Thanks guys!

bh4rnnr
02-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm on the overnighter. Plus Porter so hide your beers :puppykisses:

Hmm, might have to put in a request for some good Durango :beer::beer:;).

Can't wait for the Cruise Moab. I've got a finalized list of participants for the overnighter, you will be receiving an email from us in the coming days. If your plans change and you can no longer make it to the overnighter, please let someone (either us or the fine gents @ Rising Sun) know ASAP so we can fill your spot. We have a waiting list of eager participants.

Thanks guys!

Gonna be a great run:cool:, yeah is it CM yet?:)

:beer::beer:

Mendocino
02-11-2010, 08:32 PM
I learned today that my overnight run spot is very unlikely:(. I am also getting a bit of a mutiny from the troops about ABFE and the primitive camping; as a result I will probably bail on CM10 in its entirety.:(

bh4rnnr
02-11-2010, 09:47 PM
I learned today that my overnight run spot is very unlikely:(. I am also getting a bit of a mutiny from the troops about ABFE and the primitive camping; as a result I will probably bail on CM10 in its entirety.:(

:(:(

Corbet
02-11-2010, 10:56 PM

With the portable facilities and giant tent I'd say BFE will be less primitive than slickrock. Sorry to hear about the mutiny. But if Marianne and Bridger we attending this year I'd probably be hearing it too:(

PhatFJ
02-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Kim, Zoe & I are in!!!! (NOT) :(

Corbet
02-13-2010, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE=bh4rnnr;137493]Hmm, might have to put in a request for some good Durango :beer::beer:;).
[QUOTE]

I'll might be packing light this year and just bring rum ;):shots: You know some special rum

Hulk
02-15-2010, 01:22 PM
I'll might be packing light this year and just bring rum ;):shots: You know some special rum

You got some more of the BBD? :cool: Man, I have never laughed so hard in my life.

Corbet
02-15-2010, 01:27 PM
You got some more of the BBD? :cool: Man, I have never laughed so hard in my life.

Trying to score a bottle;) Otherwise maybe just some of the local stuff from Silverton

corsair23
02-15-2010, 05:46 PM
With the portable facilities and giant tent I'd say BFE will be less primitive than slickrock.

I tend to agree...If you tent camp at Slickrock, then I would say tent camping in ABFE would be a huge improvement aside possibly from the lack of shade/trees. Facility wise it sounds like ABFE will have as good as, and probably much better, facilities than Slickrock...

IMO "primitive" comes into mind more for those use to pulling up in their RV or with their popup camper, "plugging in" (elect. and water) and roughing it - Dragging the popup to ABFE and not having elect. or water will be "primitive" camping for us compared to past years. :hill:

Mendocino
02-15-2010, 05:51 PM
I tend to agree...If you tent camp at Slickrock, then I would say tent camping in ABFE would be a huge improvement aside possibly from the lack of shade/trees. Facility wise it sounds like ABFE will have as good as, and probably much better, facilities than Slickrock...

The pool was a big kid pleaser at SlickRock.

FJBRADY
02-15-2010, 05:52 PM

Probably doubled as a shower for most!

Mendocino
02-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Probably doubled as a shower for most!

Indeed!:D

corsair23
02-15-2010, 06:49 PM

Ah....My kids jumped in back in '07 and came out blue and never went back in :hill: - Did it get better in later years?

Maybe we could bring a blow up kiddie pool :thumb: - Just need to figure out to fill it...

Hulk
02-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Ah....My kids jumped in back in '07 and came out blue and never went back in :hill: - Did it get better in later years?

Maybe we could bring a blow up kiddie pool :thumb: - Just need to figure out to fill it...

We'll have plenty of cold water. That part is easy. You'll just have to figure out how to heat it.

bh4rnnr
02-15-2010, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=bh4rnnr;137493]Hmm, might have to put in a request for some good Durango :beer::beer:;).
[QUOTE]

No Rum, but there's always Colorado Whiskey. (http://www.stranahans.com/index.php?q=home)

Jacket
02-16-2010, 09:57 AM

Indeed. Ellie almost drowned in that pool a few years ago. I had to jump in fully clothed and yank her out....

Mendocino
02-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Indeed. Ellie almost drowned in that pool a few years ago. I had to jump in fully clothed and yank her out....

Yikes! I'm glad you were there to pull her out.:eek:

psfpilot
02-24-2010, 08:25 PM

Thanks guys!

...ahem...just a little bump to see if the list is out out yet. :bowdown: I just assumed we made it because we registered as soon as we got the advance registration link...hope I haven't been planning for nothing. :o

cruiseroutfit
02-25-2010, 01:25 AM
...ahem...just a little bump to see if the list is out out yet. :bowdown: I just assumed we made it because we registered as soon as we got the advance registration link...hope I haven't been planning for nothing. :o

Sorry, we had a meeting earlier this week to finalize the details and plans before sending out a note to all those on our list. The email went out tonight, fwiw I am only dealing with the list of those that made the cut so if you did not get an email from me its because I don't have you on my list :(

MDH33
02-25-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm in. :guapo:

Jacket
02-25-2010, 12:50 PM
me too.

rover67
02-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Mee too, looking forward to it!

bh4rnnr
02-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Me 4! Looking forward to a great CM!!!!

:beer::beer::beer:

psfpilot
02-25-2010, 09:36 PM
:camping: :thumb:

cruiseroutfit
02-25-2010, 10:45 PM
:cool:

MDH33
03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
We made our registration on 1-16 2010 at 3:11pm got a conformation from RS and PAYPAL including the overnight. I have not heard from anyone as of yet telling us we did not get a spot, nor have I received a refund from paypal with any cancellation. Please let me know what is going on.. :(

PM'd you.