PDA

View Full Version : what's this worth?

Mendocino
01-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Can you guys tell me what you think this is worth?
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1557344944.html

Mendocino
01-24-2010, 12:23 PM
BTW- Kelly BB is about $20k for excellent condition.

corsair23
01-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Sounds like it meets Kelly BB "excellent" condition requirement...Does Kelly BB consider all required maintenance etc. be done to be considered excellent? Can't remember...

If so offer him $20K :) - If not, offer him a little more as it appears he has done some pretty pricey maintenance that you won't have to worry about.

farnhamstj
01-24-2010, 04:36 PM
With the 100k service done. I'd think 22k is fair. My friends just paid $24k for '03 with 76k

Mendocino
01-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys. Far, I was hoping you would comment.

farnhamstj
01-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Try to find out what the $3k was actually spent on. Ask if the starter has been replaced or rebuilt? if not figure at about 120k that'll need doing. $400 ish. Other thing to be weary of cracked exhaust manifold. Sounds like valves out of adjustment when cold. (click,click,clic)Only when cold does this show up. I'd ask the guy to leave it overnight and allow you to see how it starts on a cold day in the morning. New manifold is $1600 and there are no other options out there. This may be the real reason they are selling it. Why else would you spend $3k on a rig and sell it within a year? Check that the Nav works, that's another big expense if it needs repair.

Jacket
01-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Wow - seems like it was just a year ago I looked at an 03 with around 60-70k miles, and they were asking $30k. Depreciation is steep on SUV's these days....

TIMZTOY
01-25-2010, 09:43 AM
ya id say $24 is lexus price offer him $18 :lmao: get the f**k if responce then negocate to $20 or just waite for a more beat up one for $15 since your problly going to beat it up a bit anyways :thumb:

FJBRADY
01-25-2010, 09:49 AM
or just waite for a more beat up one for $15 since your problly going to beat it up a bit anyways :thumb:

If I am correct it is for the :Princess:

Pricing looks good to me, but what do I know I over pay for everything for the :Princess:'s in my life!

TIMZTOY
01-25-2010, 09:57 AM
If I am correct it is for the :Princess:

Pricing looks good to me, but what do I know I over pay for everything for the :Princess:'s in my life!

tru..
darn :Princess: costin us alot of money. making us go to :happyhour: and :shots: till we :offtobed: so we can put a small amount of money into :kevin: just to :flop: :banghead:.......:woot:

Mendocino
01-25-2010, 10:16 AM
LOL! You guys crack me up. It would be for the :Princess:, but she is pretty happy driving her 3/4 ton crew cab diesel. She is super frugal and does not want to spend any money.

I am pretty shocked at how fast they depreciate.

Red_Chili
01-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Ask if the starter has been replaced or rebuilt? if not figure at about 120k that'll need doing. $400 ish.
Holy crap.
or... replace the contacts for $25?
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/Starter.shtml

farnhamstj
01-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Sure it's a $25 part to rebuild the starter. But as I've mentioned before the starter is under the intake manifold. In the middle of the V. I paid Slee $265 last time for starter rebuild, but estimate $400 if you're not in the know.
I paid $20,500 for my 100 with 90k on it. best truck I've ever owned. I'd buy another one for sure. That 2010 4runner has my attention though. So does a 200 series. And a double cab Tacoma. and a JK,(but don't tell anyone in the club, I don't want to be banished) I got a weak spot for the Honda element, too. and that Scion that looks like a box, and a bassboat purple sparkle VW dune buggy. and a Ural

Old40Dog
01-25-2010, 08:06 PM
LOL! You guys crack me up. It would be for the :Princess:, but she is pretty happy driving her 3/4 ton crew cab diesel. She is super frugal and does not want to spend any money.

I am pretty shocked at how fast they depreciate.

Bruce has some great points for you to check out. In this economy, I'd follow Tim's suggestion and low ball it first.

"If you don't know 'em you can't really humuliate 'em...too bad anyway." Then just wait a few days and if he still refuses your offer, then bring it up if necessary. Not many private buyers in the $20K vehicle market these days. Lots of buyers in the $3-$5K vehicles though. Patience will pay hugh dividends in this buy. Just don't pay too much....they're more out there that'll be available.