PDA

View Full Version : MTB/Hiking Before Cruise Moab?

gcmandrake
04-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Is anyone thinking about going MTBing or Hiking before Cruise Moab? I was debating about taking my bike with me.

the other Matt

Romer
04-15-2006, 11:26 PM
bwaaa haaa haaa. Sorry Matt. Most of us old out of shape guys will have a hard enough time climbing out of our chairs to get a beer at the campground when the one we have runs dry.

bustanutley
04-16-2006, 03:36 AM
I'm debating welding my bullit up and putting my boxxer on it and bringing it down. I'll update if I actully get a bike together that I can ride uphill. I would like to peddle around moab for once. :headbang:

60wag
04-16-2006, 11:18 AM
I can't go to Moab without a bike. It would almost be like going to Moab without a Cruiser :) I doubt I'll be able to get out there before Wednesday afternoon so I don't know where biking will fit into my schedule - maybe a least a lap on Slickrock Wed evening? Last year a group of us hitched a ride up Sands Flats to the top of Porcupine rim then enjoyed the killer downhill back to the campground.

Bruce

bh4rnnr
04-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Planning a hike out to Delicate Arch wed night to catch the sunrise.. No biking for me though.....

Hulk
04-17-2006, 10:11 AM
I could be convinced to bring my bike. I have a pretty decent mountain bike. Every year i think, "This year I'll do some mtn biking in Moab," but then I never do. If we could plan something, I'd be up for it.

gcmandrake
04-17-2006, 09:56 PM
I keep thinking about it. I suspect some folks are going to pre-run some trails. But, I've never been riding in Moab. I need to get a trailer hitch bike mount if I do this. Otherwise, it's a hike somewhere. Perry what day are you hiking?

Matt

bh4rnnr
04-17-2006, 10:07 PM
I keep thinking about it. I suspect some folks are going to pre-run some trails. But, I've never been riding in Moab. I need to get a trailer hitch bike mount if I do this. Otherwise, it's a hike somewhere. Perry what day are you hiking?

Matt

Matt, i'm planning on hiking wed to catch the sunset. From what I remember reading, the hike is only 1.5 miles. I'll do some research beforehand(might camp there friday and sat night...) Figure it's the least I can do after reading Desert Solitaire :beer: .

Hulk
04-28-2006, 11:12 PM
So is anyone else bringing their Mtn. bike? If not, I'm leaving mine at home.

gcmandrake
04-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Sorry about that Matt,

I was planning on bringing my bike, but it seems like one more thing to drag out there. As much as I would like to...

It sounds like we are going to pre-run Poison Spider Mesa on Tuesday and probably something on Monday (I wonder when/where we are going to meet). I suspect that just getting in some hiking would work.

Thanks though.

the other Matt

gcmandrake
04-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Matt, i'm planning on hiking wed to catch the sunset. From what I remember reading, the hike is only 1.5 miles. I'll do some research beforehand(might camp there friday and sat night...) Figure it's the least I can do after reading Desert Solitaire :beer: .

Perry,

Depending on what's going on, I may join you.

the other Matt

Romer
04-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Damn, and I was dusting off the bike today :rolleyes:

Shark Bait
04-29-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm leaving mine at home. :smokin:

El Flaco
04-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Last time I was in Moab, we rented a couple of well equipped bikes to do slickrock. That is always an option if you dont feel like dragging your bike out for only a day of riding. Just bring your helmet and spandy pants. I am planning to hike on Wednesday. Not sure where yet. Gotta check out this place Perry has in mind.

Kipper
04-30-2006, 12:10 PM
My friend and I are biking porcupine rim on Wednesday morning if anyone wants to join us. He'll also be riding other days as well.

Hulk
04-30-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm bringing my bike this year. It's already on top of the 80.