PDA

View Full Version : Tlca/brc/4wp

Crash
01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
https://www.sharetrails.org/secure/tlca/
This great offer has been extended to 2/28/2010.

jacdaw
01-26-2010, 11:19 AM
https://www.sharetrails.org/secure/tlca/
This great offer has been extended to 2/28/2010.Indeed!:thumb: And I'll let everyone know what the progress is at the meeting next week. I'm excited to see what numbers this has generated.

RockRunner
01-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Nice offer for a good cause and money back sort of...............I know I'll spend more :rolleyes:

Corbet
01-26-2010, 05:39 PM
If I do it again will it just extend my memberships out and supply me with another 4wp gift card?

Uncle Ben
01-26-2010, 07:40 PM
I did it just because.... I have a Blue Ribbon life membership so my money becomes a contribution! Win Win! :thumb::thumb:

Crash
02-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Got my $25 4WP gift card in the mail today as part of the TLCA/Blue Ribbon Coalition promotion. The gift card is good for 90 days after you sign up which is more than the website offer makes it sound like. The offer states that the card is good until the end of February but it is good until the middle of May in my case. IMO this is a great win/win promotion and I hope that more of you take advantage of it.

nattybumppo
02-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Done!

RockRunner
02-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Just got my GC, now I'm going to end up spending more money..:rolleyes:

Crash
02-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Just got my GC, now I'm going to end up spending more money..:rolleyes:

To recap, here is what I got for my money: $40 to the offer - got a year extension on my TLCA and Blue Ribbon Coalition memberships, a great deal all by itself, and for an additional $19 plus the $25 4WP gift card came home with a 10'x3" tree saver strap. So I spent $59, out of pocket, got an additional year of membership in two VERY worthy causes and got an ARB tree saver. For less than $60 I'm green - saving trees is a good thing - AND membership in two great organizations for a year. Quit yer bitchen, Tom and be happy. It's all good!
Steve

Uncle Ben
02-24-2010, 03:44 PM
To recap, here is what I got for my money: $40 to the offer - got a year extension on my TLCA and Blue Ribbon Coalition memberships, a great deal all by itself, and for an additional $19 came home from 4WP with a 10'x3" tree saver strap. So I spent $59, out of pocket, got an additional year of membership in two VERY worthy causes and got an ARB tree saver. For less than $60 I'm green - saving trees is a good thing - AND membership in two great organizations for a year. Quit yer bitchen, Tom and be happy. It's all good!
Steve

Win win and fail! Got my $25 card too and so I'm thinking woo hooo I can get a sweet deal on a couple expensive items I need to get. I discover that with 4WPW 10% instant discount they have giving right now AND my $25 gift card the items I want are still $60+ more than Summit Racings everyday price. :rant: Not sure what I'll buy there now but I'm guessing it will not be much more than $25! :rolleyes:

Crash
02-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Somebody call UB a waaahambulance!! Stat!!!!!

Uncle Ben
02-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Somebody call UB a waaahambulance!! Stat!!!!!

I need one! I had no idea how PO'ed I would become about it until I compared prices!

Crash
02-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Does Summit sell ARB gear? The deal worked for me and now it is up to you to make the deal work for you too. You could always get a couple of D-rings basically for free, give them to the club for a raffle prize and be a bigger star than you already are! :hill:

Uncle Ben
02-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Does Summit sell ARB gear? The deal worked for me and now it is up to you to make the deal work for you too. You could always get a couple of D-rings basically for free, give them to the club for a raffle prize and be a bigger star than you already are! :hill: Are they US made?

Crash
02-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Are they US made?

If you give them away, will the recipient ask the same question? I doubt it.

Uncle Ben
02-24-2010, 03:59 PM

Depends on if the recipient is an engineer! ;) :lmao::lmao::p:

nuclearlemon
02-24-2010, 04:54 PM
got mine and i'm seeing a piaa wiper blade vs. rain x wiper blade dual. loved the piaa i had before, but it's over a year old and showing it's age. we are now selling rain x blades at work...so, let the dual begin.

Crash
02-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Depends on if the recipient is an engineer! ;) :lmao::lmao::p:

So anyone at a Rising Sun meeting besides, uh, DaveinDenver, Red Chili and Romer will be ecstatic at winning a couple of D-rings courtesy of UB? Oh, by the way, my new $19 10'x3" 24000 lb rated tree saver was made in OZ. Got a problem with that, UB? Really, I see no good argument for not taking advantage of the $40 investment in being a member of two high quality organizations that have my best interests at heart and coming away with the equivalant of a Rising Sun raffle prize as an extra bonus. Those Harbor Freight tools and other raffle prizes are, no doubt, not made in the good 'ol US of A and winners seldom boohoo about winning them. Your win/win/lose scenario just doesn't hold water with me.

Oh heck, just checked the place of manufacture of the ARB tree saver I got at 4WP. 'Tweren't made in the USA or OZ. Taiwan to be exact. Wrong again, I guess. Oh well, it's really nice anyway, and now I'm thinking about buying another ARB product. win/win/win/win

Uncle Ben
02-24-2010, 09:52 PM
So anyone at a Rising Sun meeting besides, uh, DaveinDenver, Red Chili and Romer will be ecstatic at winning a couple of D-rings courtesy of UB? Oh, by the way, my new $19 10'x3" 24000 lb rated tree saver was made in OZ. Got a problem with that, UB? Really, I see no good argument for not taking advantage of the $40 investment in being a member of two high quality organizations that have my best interests at heart and coming away with the equivalant of a Rising Sun raffle prize as an extra bonus. Those Harbor Freight tools and other raffle prizes are, no doubt, not made in the good 'ol US of A and winners seldom boohoo about winning them. Your win/win/lose scenario just doesn't hold water with me.

Thats OK! I was talking about what I needed and what I discovered if you remember. A free $25 gift card is a great bonus no mater how you look at it! :cheers:

BTW....sorry to pee in your Cheerios Crash!

wesintl
02-24-2010, 10:22 PM
here you are crash...

http://www.thewambulance.com/images/wambulance_logo.jpg

Corbet
02-25-2010, 08:38 AM

You can add me to the list and I'm no engineer. But it was still a good deal and I'm happy to have done it. However, shopping for something reasonably priced at 4WP is difficult. I ended up using mine towards a fire extinguisher. I could have got it cheaper somewhere else but with the $25 + 10% lets call it a wash.:rolleyes:

Summit has always been my goto mail order house for auto parts. They by far had the best deal on my Nitto TG's at the time I got them.

Crash
02-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Thats OK! I was talking about what I needed and what I discovered if you remember. A free $25 gift card is a great bonus no mater how you look at it! :cheers:

BTW....sorry to pee in your Cheerios Crash!

Okay, let's check the score here: Crash - four wins. Year extensions on TLCA and BRI memberships, an ARB tree saver for essentially $19 plus gift card and being favorably enough impressed with the ARB product purchased at 4WP to consider purchasing other ARB recovery products. Good for business.
Uncle Ben - two wins and one fail (loss) for his $40.
I'm happy four ways so nobody pissed in my Cheerios. The only pissing going on here is someone peeing their pants at a recent old guys concert. :lmao:
I'm glad to see that you do agree, UB, that the gift card is a great bonus, even though you have a strange way of expressing it, to help causes we feel the same about. Kumbiya!

Uncle Ben
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Okay, let's check the score here: Crash - four wins. Year extensions on TLCA and BRI memberships, an ARB tree saver for essentially $19 plus gift card and being favorably enough impressed with the ARB product purchased at 4WP to consider purchasing other ARB recovery products. Good for business.
Uncle Ben - two wins and one fail (loss) for his $40.
I'm happy four ways so nobody pissed in my Cheerios. The only pissing going on here is someone peeing their pants at a recent old guys concert. :lmao:
I'm glad to see that you do agree, UB, that the gift card is a great bonus, even though you have a strange way of expressing it, to help causes we feel the same about. Kumbiya!

Not quite sure while your taking defense to my comment that 4WPW discount isn't. I have been quite clear that the whole deal is awesome! I am now paid up with TLCA till 2015, I am a life member of BRC so that money was a donation and I got a $25 cushion in the inflated price at 4 Wheel Parts (not even close to) Wholesale. Hakuna Matata!

Jacket
02-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Dumb question: Can the gift card be used on-line for a WWW purchase, or do I have to go to the brick and mortar shop to buy something?

RockRunner
02-25-2010, 12:38 PM
My only problem is that they did not extend my membership, they started it in Jan.

The Rising Sun extended my membership last year for being a trail leader, thanks again BTW. I just need to call TLCA and get it all worked out.

$25 is still nice even if I am going to spend more because I always do :rolleyes:

Crash
02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Not quite sure while your taking defense to my comment that 4WPW discount isn't. I have been quite clear that the whole deal is awesome! I am now paid up with TLCA till 2015, I am a life member of BRC so that money was a donation and I got a $25 cushion in the inflated price at 4 Wheel Parts (not even close to) Wholesale. Hakuna Matata!

I have no idea what you are trying to say in the first sentence above and I'm not going to google Hakuna Matata. Please excuse my inability to see how you have been clear, in your words, that the entire deal is awesome when I read the below quote from your post #10 in this thread:

Win win and fail! Got my $25 card too and so I'm thinking woo hooo I can get a sweet deal on a couple expensive items I need to get. I discover that with 4WPW 10% instant discount they have giving right now AND my $25 gift card the items I want are still $60+ more than Summit Racings everyday price. Not sure what I'll buy there now but I'm guessing it will not be much more than $25!

Quickly searching the 'net for the going price of the ARB730 tree saver, I find that 4WP's everyday price is about as inexpensive as anyone else's - $44.95. When I took the strap up to the counter at 4WP, I asked if it was on sale today and was told that, yes, it was for $40.49. Handed the guy my gift card, he rang it up and I owed $19.01. Perhaps if the parts I wanted were expensive, I wouldn't be as happy but as it is, the deal was a winner all the way for me. My whole point of beating this to death is that I see no need of any negativity when the idea of the promotion is to help bolster the ranks of like-minded folks when it comes to offroading. Being the "coolest mofo in Rising Sun" according to Jenny Cruiser, and I don't argue the accuracy of JC's comment at all, you must realize the responsibility that goes with that description. Someone in the club that looks up to you and your choices may take your "fail" portion of the above quote to mean that maybe it isn't such a good deal afterall. I certainly hope not.
Over and out,
Steve

FJBRADY
02-25-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm not going to google Hakuna Matata.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEVczA8PLU

Sorry Steve I had to post this. My daughter was little when this movie came out. Everyday when I got home this movie was playing and of course she made me watch it with her. One of my favorite memories of when she was little.

RockRunner
02-25-2010, 02:40 PM
That is a good movie whether you are a kid or an adult

Corbet
02-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Dumb question: Can the gift card be used on-line for a WWW purchase, or do I have to go to the brick and mortar shop to buy something?

www worked for me just fine.

Crash
02-25-2010, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEVczA8PLU

Sorry Steve I had to post this. My daughter was little when this movie came out. Everyday when I got home this movie was playing and of course she made me watch it with her. One of my favorite memories of when she was little.

Thanks, Steve, hakuna matata indeed and now I know!

Uncle Ben
02-25-2010, 03:41 PM

I think you can use it on a phone in order.

Uncle Ben
02-25-2010, 03:48 PM
"Win win and fail! Got my $25 card too and so I'm thinking woo hooo I can get a sweet deal on a couple expensive items I need to get. I discover that with 4WPW 10% instant discount they have giving right now AND my $25 gift card the items I want are still $60+ more than Summit Racings everyday price. Not sure what I'll buy there now but I'm guessing it will not be much more than $25!"

How about "win-win-thank you" :rolleyes:

Corbet
02-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Kevin, I nominate you to contact 4WP for CM10 raffle donations. Your love for them seems 2nd to none :lmao:

Uncle Ben
02-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Kevin, I nominate you to contact 4WP for CM10 raffle donations. Your love for them seems 2nd to none :lmao:

I've bought a lot from them in the past and I'm sure the future will be much the same. My only comment was when I got my card in the mail I thought woo hooo I can get my new Autometer wide band gauge and o2 sensor from them. I looked it up and with the card and the 10% off sale they have now the cost is still $329! I can get the exact same item today with shippping from Summit for $269. So I made comment while still in shock and I got beat down for it.

Corbet
02-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Price match?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/info/we-will-beat-it-price-match.aspx

Uncle Ben
02-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Price match?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/info/we-will-beat-it-price-match.aspx

Shaaaweet! You da man Corbet! TY! :thumb::thumb:

Just sent the request.....I'll post up the results!

Red_Chili
02-25-2010, 04:39 PM
So I made comment while still in shock and I got beat down for it.
Good for the soul.
AMHIK

Uncle Ben
02-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Shaaaweet! You da man Corbet! TY! :thumb::thumb:

Just sent the request.....I'll post up the results!

Got this email back a few minutes ago. I sent the link for Summit Racing's price to them....

>>Call me at the number below and I'll hook you up.

-- Best Regards,

Carl

Mail order sales.
800-337-xxxx ext 5122
4 Wheel Parts
400 W Artesia Blvd
Compton, Ca 90220 <<

Win-Win-Win! ;)

Corbet
02-26-2010, 07:14 AM
All that bitchin for nothing. :p:

Uncle Ben
02-26-2010, 08:01 AM
http://www.blueherald.com/uploads/Buck2/obama_bitching.jpg

Crash
02-26-2010, 09:00 AM
All that bitchin for nothing. :p:

Great work, Corbet!! I'm relieved. :bowdown:
And to you, Uncle Ben.....:bowdown:
:thumb:

Hulk
02-26-2010, 09:46 AM
I've bought a lot from them in the past and I'm sure the future will be much the same. My only comment was when I got my card in the mail I thought woo hooo I can get my new Autometer wide band gauge and o2 sensor from them. I looked it up and with the card and the 10% off sale they have now the cost is still $329! I can get the exact same item today with shippping from Summit for $269. So I made comment while still in shock and I got beat down for it.

I would have made the same comment. If it was $10 difference, that would have been a different story.

wesintl
02-26-2010, 10:13 AM
So I made comment while still in shock and I got beat down for it.

it's an internet forum :D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_X8NpKEU_Dc4/SXj7l2IvIWI/AAAAAAAAKJY/s1ViuO9hBzg/s400/Golden-Girls-tv-show-11.jpg