PDA

View Full Version : E-Locker issues

Squishy!
01-27-2010, 05:59 PM
My E-locker has decided to poop out on me. :rant: I'm 99% sure that my ecu that Seldom Seen provided (I think that it is a trailer ecu of some kind) has gone bad. No 12v to the motor in either lock or unlock and it has good voltage inputs to the ecu from the switch. Trouble is I can't get a hold of Seldom Seen to see where he got the ECU or even what kind of ecu it is. Anyone have any ideas for a replacement? I know there are more than a few in our club with e-lockers in their Mini's.

RockRunner
01-27-2010, 06:29 PM
I don't have any ECU's, to much money. Mine are done with 4 relays and on/off/on switches. One I got from ORS and the other I had in the rig already. You can come by and copy mine if you want. They are much better and more reliable than the ECU style set up and cheaper.

Last year my front went out and I just used the rear wiring to unlock it and then work it for the rest of the trip. I now carry two extra relays with me as I did before but these have been tested.

LMK if you want to take a look at my set up.

waggoner5
01-27-2010, 08:37 PM
It should not be difficult to find an ECU from a Taco or something else. Like Tom is doing, a set of relays can do the same thing, but is not plug and play. I would first borrow one from someone to make sure that is your issue and not some typical Toyota ground issue. I will ask around as well.

Seldom Seen
01-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Home brewed, 3 relays, 1 resistor. I'll be around all weekend, I'm on-call :-( , I'll give ya call. Sorry I missed your call, couldn't break out to make a personal call to save my life.

Squishy!
01-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Home brewed, 3 relays, 1 resistor. I'll be around all weekend, I'm on-call :-( , I'll give ya call. Sorry I missed your call, couldn't break out to make a personal call to save my life.

No prob Brian. I think I'll break open that box today and see what I can see

Red_Chili
01-28-2010, 01:32 PM
I was with him when he wired it.

Mebbe a relay gone bad. More likely, a fuse?

Squishy!
01-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Nope fuses are good and getting my 12V signals to the lock/free position switches the power motor relays must have gone bad.

Seldom Seen
01-28-2010, 06:52 PM
I was with him when he wired it.

Mebbe a relay gone bad. More likely, a fuse?

My bet is gumed up limiting switches in the motor. A couple of dunkings and some mag cl will put then out of service ASAP.

RockRunner
01-28-2010, 07:31 PM
My motor contacts were rusted away, I made some of my own and it held up for two years. I found a new motor and swapped it out but the own I fixed still worked. Justin you can take the motor and electrical part apart pretty easily and take a look.

Squishy!
01-31-2010, 01:58 AM
ended up finding this. pretty handy and simple:

E-locker wiring (http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149738)

RockRunner
01-31-2010, 10:31 AM
ended up finding this. pretty handy and simple:

E-locker wiring (http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149738)

That is basically what I am running minus the indicator light. Depending on year and model you may have a round fitting or the oblong one. If you need to test it and aren't sure if you locker is working you can stop by my house. I have to be home all day to meet different people here.

Hopefully your setup will work right away, good luck :thumb:

Squishy!
01-31-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm actually working on Chris King's truck today at my Dad's place. slightly ironic.

RockRunner
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm actually working on Chris King's truck today at my Dad's place. slightly ironic.

Shoot I wish I knew that, I owe your dad $$$ and need to get those balancing dishes from him. I am stuck at home because I have people coming over to pick up stuff.

If you can bring those over I can give you a check for your dad. I'll give him a call.