PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Volunteers!

Art Volmer
02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Calling all Volunteers!
Cruise Moab is the club’s event and we cannot pull off this world class event without your help. This year we need as many people as possible. A little bit of your time goes a long way!

These are the general areas we need help with; please post which areas you can help with and I will schedule it. More details will come as the event gets closer…

Set up Tuesday
On Tuesday evening, we need help setting up the tech inspection tents, stuffing packets and unloading.
Charles Wirrell; David Kaiser & Idelle Maloney; Jack Hess; Christina Person;
Bill Morgan; Cruiserman; Tom Rockrunner; Dee St.John

Tech inspection
The most help is needed Wednesday. The length of the shift will depend on the number of people able to help.
Volunteers are needed for early shifts on the remaining days so volunteers can make the trail runs.

• Tuesday (for the overnight run)
Marco Capote & Scott Howe

• Wednesday (Help is needed between 8-5)
8-10 AM <Rockrunner ; Ken Romer; Randy Rosetta; ZGcruizer; Brian Brickley> ++ #

10AM-12 PM <Ty Person; Dave Neff; Bill Morgan; David Kaiser; James Bingham> ++ #

1- 3 PM < Charles Wirrell; Cruiserman ; Jack Hess; Mike Koons > ++ need 1 more for this shift#

3-5 PM <Tim Prewitt; Paul Thomas; Boyd Mickley; Farnham > ++ need 1 more for this shift #

• Thursday (7:00am-8:00am)
< J Kimmel ; Mike McDonald > ++ need 2 more for this shift #

• Friday (7:00am-8:00am)

< Hugh Phillips; Brian Passey, Wes > ++#

Registration
The most help is needed Wednesday. The length of the shift will depend on the number of people able to help.
The remaining days’ volunteers are needed for early shifts so volunteers can make the trail runs.

• Tuesday ( for the overnight run)
< Carolina Capote>
8-10 AM < Dee Rosetta; Rachel Romer; Sharon > ++ need 1 more for this shift#

10AM-12 PM < Christina Person; Linda Bingham; Cindy (GF of Mickley) Linda Bingham > ++ #

1- 3 PM
Tim 'Nakman' ; Bruce '60wag'; Jeff Zepp

3-5 PM < Cindi Prewitt; Dan Kucera) > ++ need 1 or 2 more for this shift #

• Thursday (7:00am-8:00am)
Jason Butell; Sarah Butell
• Friday (7:00am-8:00am)
Kelly Phillips ; Ken Davidson; Scott Yoder

Dinner on Friday.
We need a total of 20 volunteers to cover both shifts. We need help selling raffle tickets and collecting meal tickets.

First Shift
Marco Capote ; Carolina Capote; Bill Morgan ; Sharon & Rockrunner;
Corbet Hoover; Jason & Sarah Butell; Jacket ; Scott Rist; Brian Brickely

Second Shift
Rachel Romer; Tim Prewitt ; Cindi Prewitt;
Megan Volmer; Linda & James Bingham; Scott Yoder ; Corsair23 and family; Paul McCumber

Sunday End of Event tear down
We could use help loading the trailers with the Rising Sun equipment that belongs to the club.
Bill Morgan; Art Volmer; Tim Prewitt

Thanks for your time in advance :thumb:

I just added the almost final spreadsheet and I hope I caught any difference between this post and the sheet. This is the sheet I am sending to the committee members so please check it for your time spots. Because of the new venue we are going to need more help than this so if you have extra time please check with a committee member and see what they need. Thanks Again because without the help of our participants we could not make this event happen.

Art Volmer
02-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Those of you who completed a volunteer form when you registered for Cruise Moab this year. I have your info and will make more detailed assignments as I get more volunteers. Thanks, Art

RockRunner
02-02-2010, 09:00 AM
I am in but can not speak for the wife. I am sure she will help also but not sure how much.

I am in for set up, tech and Dinner. Would like to do tech early so I can head out and hit some trails.

Thanks Art.

Red_Chili
02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm in for Tuesday, for tech, for packet stuffing, for the setup, for leading a trail or two, for the dinner, and for the teardown.

rover67
02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
I'll do dinner again, first shift. I'll also have another helper since my mom will be there with me. Probably wherever else random after the overnighter as well, and maybe before the overnighter a bit.

Art Volmer
02-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I am in for set up, tech and Dinner. Would like to do tech early so I can head out and hit some trails.

Thanks Art.

Hey Tom, I have a question on the tech early are you referring to helping during the early shifts of Wednesday or another day? Let me know what works for you.
Thanks, Art

Romer
02-03-2010, 10:41 AM
You can put Rachel down for Wednesday morning registration and the dinner

I'll do tech wednesday first shift

Vitesse_6
02-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Ive offered to volunteer on my registration, But I'm unaware of where I could be of service, I will be staying in Moab in a condo with my family, I should be down there wed night, So its possible I could help out Thurs and Fri for the early tech inspections, I helped one day last year if thats of any help.

RockRunner
02-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Hey Tom, I have a question on the tech early are you referring to helping during the early shifts of Wednesday or another day? Let me know what works for you.
Thanks, Art

Early Wednesday please :D

Art Volmer
02-03-2010, 08:01 PM
You got it Tom

Cruzrman
02-04-2010, 02:08 PM
I offered my services when I registered. I will be arriving midday Tue. at which time I can help out, as well as Wednesday as needed.
cruzrman

daisydog34
02-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I filled out the volunteer form and clicked the box when registering. We will be arriving on Monday and will be there all week. Will help where I can:)

Corbet
02-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I volunteered at registration, let me know where I can help.:thumb:

Art Volmer
02-06-2010, 07:02 PM
I volunteered at registration, let me know where I can help.:thumb:
Hi Corbet,
I did not get your info but have you down now. Thanks , Art

Art Volmer
02-19-2010, 12:52 AM
Hey all I have found the time to start working through the volunteer list. I have names up and if you would like me to move you around we have time just let me know.

We still need more help.

I am trying to keep the volunteer shifts short so if you can give some of your time we would greatly appreciate it.

We could use more help selling raffle tickets, merchandise and collecting the meal tickets at the dinner.

Also help is needed with registration and tech inspection. I have the time slots posted. See if something works for you.
We would like to have 3-4 people for Registration/Merchandise each day.
For Tech Inspection we would like to have 5-6 people each shift on Wednesday and 5-6 people for the other days of the event.
Post up and I will take care of it.
Thanks Everyone

J Kimmel
02-19-2010, 09:43 AM
love to help, put my name in at registration. Not an official club member, more like a booger but would love to help wherever you need :)

RockRunner
02-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Art,
You can use Sharon:Princess: and myself for the 1st shift selling tickets, also I will talk to Sharon and see if she can help 1st shift Wednesday registration. I'll get back to you on that one but pencil her in:D She always volunteers me for everything so now it is my turn:rolleyes:

Art Volmer
02-19-2010, 10:10 PM
PM sent to JKimmel and Tom I put you & Sharon down for dinner let me know on the registration time.
Thanks Guys

rover67
02-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Art,

Go ahead and count my mom (Carolina Capote) in for what you have me down for, she and I can work together if needed or it can just be me, whatever you need.

MDH33
02-20-2010, 09:34 AM
I'll do a shift at the dinner/raffle. :beer:

Art Volmer
02-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Martin and J Kimmel I have you down. Marco I put your mom down for overnight registration and dinner shift. Thank you all.

MountainMan
02-20-2010, 11:28 AM
really wish i could make it to this, been wanting to do MOAB for a long time now, but this year the wife-unit and i are doing the cruise we have been trying to get done for the last 5 years, so Cruise MOAB will have to wait till 2011 but I will make it a priority...

FJBRADY
02-20-2010, 02:38 PM
For Tech Inspection we would like to have 5-6 people each day.

Hey Art,

Wednesday we will need 20 people for tech. 5 people for each of the 4 shifts throughout the day. 8-10, 10-12, 12-2, 2-4.

Thursday morning 5 people from 7-9.
Friday morning 5 people 7-9.

Cristo....how many are you thinking for Tuesday afternoon?

Steve

Art Volmer
02-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Hey Steve,
I changed that post to match the 1st post of this thread.
We currently have 14 people for Wednesday. If people want to work more than one shift I am happy to schedule that however, I have not asked anyone to do more than 1 shift so far because I do not want to infringe on to much of their Cruise Moab fun.

I sent a PM to Christo earlier and he indicated to me that he wanted to keep tech inspection from 7-8 AM Thursday, Friday and Saturday so the volunteers can make their trail assignments on time.
Thanks for looking out for me and let me know if you have any other thoughts or questions, Art

FJBRADY
02-20-2010, 09:46 PM
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

RockRunner
02-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Art,
get out your pen and mark Sharon down for Wednesday morning registration. Since we both will be working the morning we will be able to make a few pre-runs.

JadeRunner
03-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Put me down for Fri. dinner 2nd shift.

Art Volmer
03-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks Scott

Cruzrman
03-02-2010, 10:06 AM
hi Art,
I don't see my name on the volunteer lists. I'll be arriving around noon on Tuesday at which time I'll be available, as well as Wednesday most of the day. Would like to get in a run if possible.
Thanks,
cruzrman
bperilstein@gmail.com

Art Volmer
03-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi Bob, I have you down for Tech Inspection on Wednesday for the 1-3 shift.
Help is needed with packet stuffing and setup on Tuesday, I will add you to the list if you would like, just let me know. Talk to you soon, Art
P.S. You can post here or PM me thanks Bob

Cruzrman
03-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Hi Art,
I can help on Tuesday afternoon as well.
cruzrman

zgcruiser
03-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Romer I can help out Wed. Morning 8- 10.. let me know. Ray

Art Volmer
03-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Nakman, Criuserman, and zgcruiser I put you all down on the list.

Thank you.

MDH33
03-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Just wondering about tech inspection for the overnighter. I'm pretty sure that Kurt and crew will be teching in people as they arrive to the campsite in the swell Tuesday afternoon/evening.

Tech inspection

• Tuesday (for the overnight run)
Marco Capote & Scott Howe

Art Volmer
03-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Hey Martin, Scott stated on his registration form that he did Tech last year for the overnight and I figured Marco could give him a hand. It should be pretty easy.

60wag
03-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Put me down for a couple of shifts of whatever. I should be arriving Tuesday evening.

farnhamstj
03-08-2010, 09:33 AM
I can help wed pm , tech or whatever you need.

cruiseroutfit
03-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Hey Martin, Scott stated on his registration form that he did Tech last year for the overnight and I figured Marco could give him a hand. It should be pretty easy.

Sounds like Marco & Scott are planning to be in Moab on Tuesday morning then? If possible can we send the Overnighter registration packets with them as they come meet us? I will not be in Moab until after the overnighter, in fact we are starting the the Swell the weekend prior so I'll be in/out of phone the whole time too.

Hants
03-10-2010, 05:35 AM
Sounds like Marco & Scott are planning to be in Moab on Tuesday morning then? If possible can we send the Overnighter registration packets with them as they come meet us? I will not be in Moab until after the overnighter, in fact we are starting the the Swell the weekend prior so I'll be in/out of phone the whole time too.

Yes, we can do that. Have them talk to Caroline when they get to Area BFE.

PhatFJ
03-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey Art, I will help where I can. I do not know what trails I am running, I do not know when they are running and I do not know if I will be helping with any trail runs. Based on this I am very unclear of when or where I will be able to help. I will be arriving on Tuesday and leaving Sunday morning, as things become clearer to me I will be happy to help wherever I am needed...

Brian :)

TIMZTOY
03-14-2010, 09:12 PM
im up for tear down.. ill be there anyways..

Art Volmer
03-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Bruce (tech 1-3), Farnham (tech 3-5) and Tim(tear-down +) I added your names to the list.
Thank you for your help, Art

SRT08BUS
03-26-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm willing to if I'm able to go.

farnhamstj
04-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Dee St John will help stuff packets on tuesday.

It apears to me that tech inspection ends at 5:00. I know there are driver's meetings and such, but could we continue tech after those meetings? I think a lot of people will be arriving after 5:00. It would at least be good to get them through tech.

Also, is there a designated traffic/people direction giver for those that arrive in the evening? A Greeter if you will.

I know Cheeseman will be busy and not want people comming to him with dumb questions.

RockRacer
04-14-2010, 01:00 PM
8-10 AM <Rockrunner ; Ken Romer; Randy Rosetta; ZGcruizer; > ++ need 1 more for this shift #

10AM-12 PM <Ty Person; Dave Neff; Bill Morgan; David Kaiser; James Bingham> ++ need 1 more for this shift#

1- 3 PM < Charles Wirrell; Cruiserman ; Jack Hess; Tim 'Nakman' ; Bruce '60wag' > ++ need 1 more for this shift#

3-5 PM <Tim Prewitt; Tobin Gardner; Boyd Mickley; Farnham > ++ need 2 more for this shift #

I am amazed that I stumbled onto this thread. I never heard anything back about volunteering. I do want to help, but I specified on my volunteer form that I won't be down till Thursday unfortunately.

RockRacer
04-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Not that anyone is reading this, but I may actually be able to get down there late afternoon on Wednesday. Just not sure if I can get there as early as 3:00.

FJBRADY
04-21-2010, 08:34 AM
I am amazed that I stumbled onto this thread. I never heard anything back about volunteering. I do want to help, but I specified on my volunteer form that I won't be down till Thursday unfortunately.

If you make it in on Thursday would you be available Friday am for tech.? 7-8 am.

Not that anyone is reading this, but I may actually be able to get down there late afternoon on Wednesday. Just not sure if I can get there as early as 3:00.

No worries we appreciate the offer. Come on down and enjoy yourself. :thumb:

Art Volmer
04-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Tobin PM sent sorry for the delay.

Art Volmer
04-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Hey all,
I finally have a close to final spreadsheet with time slots it is easier to read than the first post. I hope I don't have any conflicts with what is stated in the first post (I tried to catch all of them).
I tried to only schedule people of one shift each day however, we are going to need all the help we can get to make this new venue work smoothly.

If you have extra time please come by one of the tents and ask a committee member what they need (I think we are wearing Red CM10 hats).

Thanks again and see you in a few days :cheers: !!!!!!!!

Red_Chili
04-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Stinkin' Office 2007 format... :rant:
Ahhhhh.... beer.. uh, I mean, file converter.... :D

Art, as mentioned before, I will be in transit Tuesday and unavailable until the evening.

baileyfj40
04-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Art;

I can do either early tech shift

Later
Mike Koons

MDH33
04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Art, You'll have to scratch me from the volunteer list. My Cruise Moab plans are out the door this year. Sorry.

TIMZTOY
04-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Stinkin' Office 2007 format... :rant:
Ahhhhh.... beer.. uh, I mean, file converter.... :D

Art, as mentioned before, I will be in transit Tuesday and unavailable until the evening.

i can do a eariler tech if needed, ill be ariving monday.. so if chill cant make it ill switch.

Art Volmer
04-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Art, You'll have to scratch me from the volunteer list. My Cruise Moab plans are out the door this year. Sorry. MDH33 Martin no problem the little has to come first.
I can do either early tech shift: baileyfj40 Mike come when you can we need all the help we can get.
Hey Tim if you want to hit extra shift come up to the tents and ask what we need. We are going to need help later in the day I think these shifts will be busy. We are not going to turn down any help.

Hey Bill we will see you when you get there the Packet stuff is going to happen later in the night.

Thank you all for your help

baileyfj40
04-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Art;

You got it! See ya there! Leaving Tues am, like 4:50 in the am, going to get on I70 in Evergreen, cb ch 4 2m 146.460.

Later,

Vitesse_6
04-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Not to be a PITA, But I cant open the volunteer list, Does anyone want to let me know what day's I'm working?
Please and thank you :)

wesintl
04-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Not to be a PITA, But I cant open the volunteer list, Does anyone want to let me know what day's I'm working?
Please and thank you :)

Brian, Me you and Hugh from safari have tech in (if there is any) from 7-8am on fri. Hugh said you'd bring us breakfast ;)

see you there

Vitesse_6
04-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Brian, Me you and Hugh from safari have tech in (if there is any) from 7-8am on fri.

see you there

Cool, Thanks.

Art, I also mentioned I can help out on Thurs. if needed, I may just wander down anyhow to see whats up.
We will be at BFE mid day Wed.

Art Volmer
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Thank You Brian We will take all the help we can get come on down. I just did not want to over work the people who have offered help. I was told we cannot pay over time :lmao:

Kipper
04-26-2010, 04:47 PM
hey art - did you or anyone else check the volunteer@cruisemoab.com or volunteer@risingsun4x4club.org email account? the registration system sent an email with everyone's info that checked the volunteer box or trail leader box. at least i'm pretty sure that's what happens, been a while since i looked at that code. i also get copied on all those emails if you need copies. call me if you have any questions about that...

Art Volmer
04-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey Kipper, Hants sent me a bunch of forwards that came from the CM registration. I guess that is where they came from. Anyway you will never get your locker in if you keep checking the forum. Se you in Moab, Art