PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Thieves!!! _)*^#$@^$@`

timmbuck2
02-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Well, I done been struck again. What is it about my stuff?!?!

I have been holding Uncle Ben's 2 wheel dolly trailer for a couple of months now. Timztoy borrowed it, then did not need it, so I was keeping it for anyone in the club who might need to use it. Had it parked in front of my house with a trailer lock on it. This morning, GONE. Spent 45 minutes driving around the neighborhood, nothing so far. If the cut/broke the lock, they must have done it somewhere else, no debris or anything on the ground. Please keep your eyes peeled. Also please watch Craigslist for a good dolly trailer so I can replace this one. Thanks all.

T

Uncle Ben
02-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Well, I done been struck again. What is it about my stuff?!?!

I have been holding Uncle Ben's 2 wheel dolly trailer for a couple of months now. Timztoy borrowed it, then did not need it, so I was keeping it for anyone in the club who might need to use it. Had it parked in front of my house with a trailer lock on it. This morning, GONE. Spent 45 minutes driving around the neighborhood, nothing so far. If the cut/broke the lock, they must have done it somewhere else, no debris or anything on the ground. Please keep your eyes peeled. Also please watch Craigslist for a good dolly trailer so I can replace this one. Thanks all.

T

Don't worry about replacing it! I don't need it. I'll just take a clean FJ-45 for it! :lmao::lmao:

SRT08BUS
02-02-2010, 10:30 AM
That sucks!

Old40Dog
02-02-2010, 10:49 AM
That sucks!

I'll second that Brandon! :mad:

Likely loaded the dolly on a trailer or in the back of a full size pickup for a quick gettaway...dealing with the lock later.

corsair23
02-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Obviously someone felt they had more of a right, or entitlement, to the dolly than you and UB had :rant:

Basturds!

Does a dolly have a Vin # that can be tracked? Assuming they try to title and license it that is

Uncle Ben
02-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Obviously someone felt they had more of a right, or entitlement, to the dolly than you and UB had :rant:

Basturds!

Does a dolly have a Vin # that can be tracked? Assuming they try to title and license it that is

Tow dolly's are not required to be registered so no Vin#. Probably picked up for scrap as used ones are plentiful and fairly cheap! It was most likely rolled down the street where it was chained to a vehicle and hauled to where ever. I can't hold Timm accountable as I should have picked it up from him a long time ago. I assumed it was secure but to be honest I really haven't thought much about it.

timmbuck2
02-02-2010, 11:39 AM
totally my fault. had it locked and did not feel like it was worth stealing. I will be finding another one.

MDH33
02-02-2010, 11:42 AM
IH8MethHead 'Tard Thieves! :mad:

corsair23
02-02-2010, 01:01 PM
totally my fault. had it locked and did not feel like it was worth stealing. I will be finding another one.

People amaze me at what they will steal :(

Case in point, in our neighborhood several families have had to move recently...If these people put something on the curb with a free sign on it the stuff would sit there for days. When these people pulled the "free" sign and sat the stuff up by the garage, the stuff would magically disappear overnight :rolleyes: - I guess the thieves feel that if something is marked "free" it isn't worth taking (can't steal it if it is free right?) but if the items just looked like they might have been accidentally left outside they must be of some great value and worthy items to steal.

Uncle Ben
02-02-2010, 01:18 PM

Seriously, just the FJ-45 will be plenty! ;)

TIMZTOY
02-02-2010, 09:22 PM
that blows dude..

Art Volmer
02-02-2010, 10:12 PM
That really sucks!!!

timmbuck2
02-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Hey UB, could you shoot me the lic. plate # or something? Lakewood Po-Lice need something for the "auto theft" report...

Uncle Ben
02-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Hey UB, could you shoot me the lic. plate # or something? Lakewood Po-Lice need something for the "auto theft" report...

There was no license plates. That is why there is no registration. I'll see if I can find a good picture.

timmbuck2
02-04-2010, 10:02 AM
There was no license plates. That is why there is no registration. I'll see if I can find a good picture.

so no distinguishing numbers or anything?

Bruce Miller
02-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Not sure this fits here. Hope so. A friend just sent an email about how thieves will copy down a VIN number off a vehicle then take that number to the dealer and have a new key cut for the vehicle. Then, the thief calmly returns to the vehicle, unlocks it, and drives away. The fix for this, so the email says, is to cover our VIN numbers with electrical or duct tape or some other device. The email cautions that it is illegal to remove the VIN tag.

Does this apply to newer vehicles? If so, what would be a cutoff date? What year of manufacture would the dealer say they can't cut a key from that VIN number? Is this a valid concern, or a tall tale?

Thieves suck. My car hauler, with a 1979 FJ55 strapped to it, was stolen from the parking lot at our shop a couple of years ago.

Uncle Ben
02-04-2010, 11:50 AM
so no distinguishing numbers or anything?

I'll try to dig up the receipt and see if there is a serial number or?????

gahi
02-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I just saw a brownish colored one on the side of the interstate between flagstaff and pheonix.

timmbuck2
02-04-2010, 12:25 PM
this one was brownish colored...that is pretty far away though...

leiniesred
02-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Shoot, I was hopin' you were posting up that the dolly was located, Timm.
Still watchin' for it. -Stephen

Uncle Ben
02-04-2010, 12:56 PM
This one is pretty similar but mine was light tan and brown.

http://www.rvtoads.com/toadblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/tow-dolly-11.jpg

Here's a new one thats the same color scheme...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ovKWPNlZC6A/Rv08FRgC6yI/AAAAAAAAAcA/y77ei22V9Oc/s400/demco-tow-dolly-car-trailer.jpg

gahi
02-04-2010, 05:20 PM
I dont know, it looked alot like that. Think of the motive for someone to grab yours, they needed it to go somewhere. The one I was was off the shoulder about 6 ft or so, it didnt look like anyone was planning on coming back for it. I wish I would have seen this thread yesterday, I would have looked closer.

corsair23
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Might be worth a call to the State PD down there in case they impound the dolly...